President's Club

cp556

Another thread is talking about 100 Day Medallions, 4 & 5-Star Mariners, etc. The President's Club has been mentioned.

Can someone please clue me in as to what the President's Club entails?

Thanks....

1400 actual days on HAL will get you into the President's Club, a group of about 50 hardy souls who obviously really, really like HAL.

There is a special pin; what else is apparently a well-respected secret.

There is a Blog by one member, Jeff, who will be on in September for 7 or 8 months. Definitely worth reading! amazingvoyages2.blogspot.ca

Edited by SilvertoGold

It is my understanding one must be invited to become a member when they attain the required number of cruise days. TA's are not eligible, if my information is correct.

Edited by sail7seas

Wow. I really never thought that many persons who were just passengers would be on ships for that amount of days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Amazing, isn't it?

There are several in the 3000-4000+ range. If you sail 7 - 8 months of the year, as some do, you get to President's Club in 6 to 7 years.

If one does Grand Voyages and World Cruise, the numbers are not that astounding.

What is amazing, at least to me, is the number of days DH and I accumulated doing cruises no longer than 14 days. My DH never retired and would only leave his office max about 17-18 days at a time so with pre and post cruise stays, our actual cruises were short, by comparison. Despite that, we and a number of others attained Platinum Level. That's a lot of cruises.

Edited by sail7seas

What a special group, to reach that number of days cruises. Wow, well not in my life time. I don't cruise enough and don't have that may years left to get to that group.

We had a very young girl on board with us that at the age of 7 or 8 already had her gold metal. Now there is one person who could get to President Club if she keeps cruising like she had already done. We had a President Club member on our Inca cruise and in actuality I was surprise how young he was, I'm guessing in his 50.

What a special group, to reach that number of days cruises. Wow, well not in my life time. I don't cruise enough and don't have that may years left to get to that group.

We had a very young girl on board with us that at the age of 7 or 8 already had her gold metal. Now there is one person who could get to President Club if she keeps cruising like she had already done. We had a President Club member on our Inca cruise and in actuality I was surprise how young he was, I'm guessing in his 50.

Melodie

We have seen quite a few children receive their 300 and 500 day medals on cruises.

Parents are now starting to take their children on cruises at a much younger age.

Edited by Krazy Kruizers

Melodie

We have seen quite a few children receive their 300 and 500 day medals on cruises.

Parents are now starting to take their children on cruises at a much younger age.

It must be really nice to have parents with enough time and money to be able to cruise extensively with their children. My parents first cruise was going to be to Alaska after my dad retired but my Dad died before they could do it, but I've been making up for them.:D

Melodie

My son just turned 4 last week. He's a 3 star mariner already. He will be at 94 days on the seas with HAL this February. He may have a chance to hit 1400 days in his lifetime if he likes sailing when he's older. On the other hand, chances are that he will prefer bigger, newer, more fun packed ships.

1400 days is basically 3.8 years at sea with HAL. This is something my wife and I will never reach. We would need to spend 40'days at sea for the next 30 year with HAL. That sounds like a very improbable number from our perspective.

Hats off to everyone who made into this club. This is very impressive indeed.

Cheers.

My son just turned 4 last week. He's a 3 star mariner already. He will be at 94 days on the seas with HAL this February. He may have a chance to hit 1400 days in his lifetime if he likes sailing when he's older. On the other hand, chances are that he will prefer bigger, newer, more fun packed ships.

1400 days is basically 3.8 years at sea with HAL. This is something my wife and I will never reach. We would need to spend 40'days at sea for the next 30 year with HAL. That sounds like a very improbable number from our perspective.

Hats off to everyone who made into this club. This is very impressive indeed.

Cheers.

Right -- when we started to cruise in the 80's (I finally got DH off the buses, trains, planes, etc. for travels everywhere) -- we rarely saw children on a ship.

Now parents start taking them when they are babies.

It is also my understanding that entrance is by invitation only. I get the sense that membership is reserved for those who are staunch supporters of HAL, not only by actual actual days and money spent, but also by attitude, mind set and length of cruises sailed. I don't think, for example, that someone constantly complaining about HAL on a public forum would ever be invited to attend, regardless of how often they sailed.

It is also my understanding that entrance is by invitation only. I get the sense that membership is reserved for those who are staunch supporters of HAL, not only by actual actual days and money spent, but also by attitude, mind set and length of cruises sailed. I don't think, for example, that someone constantly complaining about HAL on a public forum would ever be invited to attend, regardless of how often they sailed.

You may be right. However it would be safe to assume that if a person reached 1400 days at sea, this person should be somewhat satisfied of the HAL cruising experience. I wouldn't see myself spend so much time on a ship where I keep complaining about.

As you mentioned, it would not surprise me if the entry criterial are more than the number of days at sea.

Quick math... If someone spends on average 300$ per day on a ship (includes cabin fees), you're looking at $420k of spending on HAL ships. That's a lot of money spent in my book! On the other hand, this would be chump change for the person who spends $30k pp for an 8 day transatlantic voyage on the qm2.

Cheers

Yes, if they can figure out who that person is :D.

Yes, if they can figure out who that person is :D.

Yes, I agree. But some people have personal blogs so it is very easy to find out who they are. And I am always amazed at the number of posters who have no qualms whatsoever sharing lots of personal information about themselves on this forum.

I would think that A President's Club is reserved for those who embody and embrace all that it means to be a world traveler on a Holland America Cruise ship.

It started out with 1,000 or 1,200 then was increased to 1,400 where it was when I was inducted into the President's Club. Under the newest rules adopted when HAL debuted the new 500 day Mariner to get into the President's Club a passenger must have sailed for at least 1,500 days and be invited. Travel agents accumulating days on reduced rates as Sail said, are NOT eligible. And it's not true as I tell people who ask what we get for being in the PC "an extra meatball at the Mariner's Party"...

And my very own one (he's 57!) is closing in on 3,000 days and I (63) am nearing 2,600.

It started out with 1,000 or 1,200 then was increased to 1,400 where it was when I was inducted into the President's Club. Under the newest rules adopted when HAL debuted the new 500 day Mariner to get into the President's Club a passenger must have sailed for at least 1,500 days and be invited. Travel agents accumulating days on reduced rates as Sail said, are NOT eligible. And it's not true as I tell people who ask what we get for being in the PC "an extra meatball at the Mariner's Party"...

And my very own one (he's 57!) is closing in on 3,000 days and I (63) am nearing 2,600.

3000 days! All I can say is wow!

Wow @Willem Ruys, 5600 sea days combined. What wonderful experiences you must have shared.

Here's wishing them both many more happy days at sea in the best of good health and happiness. :)

Very impressive to have that many days.