How will Princess celebrate their 50th year

TwoBadKnees

The website leaves a lot open for speculation -- Like what menu items will they bring back, what will be the nature of keepsakes to give away, etc...

The microbrew beer sounds interesting...

Well, that sailing was sold out within a few days of opening for sale!:)
I think the waitlist is closed as well. We probably have the largest roll call percentage-wise of any Princess cruise. Or one of the largest at 24% of the total # of passengers.

I think the waitlist is closed as well. We probably have the largest roll call percentage-wise of any Princess cruise. Or one of the largest at 24% of the total # of passengers.

Does anyone know the size of the waitlist? Not that it makes any difference, but it would be interesting to see how much interest still remains in the cruise. (Of course, lucky me is already booked! Yay! :D)

Does anyone know the size of the waitlist? Not that it makes any difference, but it would be interesting to see how much interest still remains in the cruise. (Of course, lucky me is already booked! Yay! :D)

I got an email perhaps 10 days ago from a well known TA that said she had space.

Yes, I've heard that some TAs have rooms left, but Princess direct has that waiting list.

It's weird, you'd think Princess could pull back the unsold cabins . I just checked a couple of popular online sites and they're showing it sold out. She's a big seller of Princess.

I got an email perhaps 10 days ago from a well known TA that said she had space.
Yes, got that email as well and within a day or so, a bunch of new people joined the roll call. Doubt there are any cabins left.

Have no idea about the waitlist but a bunch of us on the Royal T/A got together today in Malibu and since several are also on the Pacific Princess 50th Anniversary cruise, it was one of the topics of discussion. We (general consensus) is that few will drop out and Princess will probably have to make move over offers. I joked that they may have to offer two free cruises to get anyone to budge.

Yes, got that email as well and within a day or so, a bunch of new people joined the roll call. Doubt there are any cabins left.

Have no idea about the waitlist but a bunch of us on the Royal T/A got together today in Malibu and since several are also on the Pacific Princess 50th Anniversary cruise, it was one of the topics of discussion. We (general consensus) is that few will drop out and Princess will probably have to make move over offers. I joked that they may have to offer two free cruises to get anyone to budge.

Exactly. She's such a small ship they don't have much wiggle room. And as you said, who's going to give up that cruise?

We (general consensus) is that few will drop out and Princess will probably have to make move over offers.

I'll move over to the Owner's Suite if they'd like (but my guess is all those suites are already spoken for.):)

The website leaves a lot open for speculation -- Like what menu items will they bring back, what will be the nature of keepsakes to give away, etc...

Web site says "Celebratory boutique items, keepsakes and more"

It does not say they will be given away.

Expect to pay for them in the boutiques, just like last year with the Royal Inaugural Season souvenirs.

It's weird, you'd think Princess could pull back the unsold cabins . I just checked a couple of popular online sites and they're showing it sold out. She's a big seller of Princess.

Our TA says that's exactly what happened recently: Princess "took back" her few remaining unsold GTY cabins. We were late in booking so have a GTY balcony booked for that cruise. It will be interesting to see what happens over the next 16 months.

I suggest Princess offers HUGE reductions to anyone celebrating their 50th wedding or Birthday in 2015-Yes ME (Please).:D

Great idea-me too please! Just looking at booking something on the Regal Princess in 2015 now to celebrate my 50th!:D

Great idea-me too please! Just looking at booking something on the Regal Princess in 2015 now to celebrate my 50th!:D

And ya know, my 50th birthday is in December during that 50th anniversary cruise, so if anyone wants to give me their spot.............:D

Well, that sailing was sold out within a few days of opening for sale!:)

Princess should offer a few more special sailings if they can sell so fast, but not too many that they are routine. I remember a few years back a special Islands of the Pacific WWII sailing which also had very high demand. Of course special sailings have to be 'special' not just named special, something you can say afterwards, 'yes, I was there for that event, and enjoyed it a lot.'