Save 10% on Carnival Gift e-Cards through Verizon program

swetra

Yes this has been asked and answered a million times, but here it goes again. You can use the cards for anything Carnival related other than online purchases from the fun shops.

You can use them to load as obc and then from there spend as you wish. Because Cheers is sold through the fun shops/bon voyage, you can't buy it in advance online. But you can use your obc from gift cards to get it once onboard. And yes you can use them to prepay tips.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

I just saw where you said you sail on the 23rd. That's cutting it close. So long as there are no hiccups you should be good. Honestly I wouldn't chance it. Not with a $500 card.

Yes this has been asked and answered a million times, but here it goes again. You can use the cards for anything Carnival related other than online purchases from the fun shops.

You can use them to load as obc and then from there spend as you wish. Because Cheers is sold through the fun shops/bon voyage, you can't buy it in advance online. But you can use your obc from gift cards to get it once onboard. And yes you can use them to prepay tips.

Thanks

Sorry this is incorrect. You can now purchase Cheers in advance online.

Sorry this is incorrect. You can now purchase Cheers in advance online.

Did you read the whole post? And the questions I was replying to? I said because Cheers is offered for purchase online through the fun shops that you cannot use gift cards to buy it in advance. There is no option to use a gift card for bon voyage/ fun shop purchases. I didn't say you couldn't buy it online period. Just not with a gift card.

I do wish they would offer the e-cards. It's so much simpler. Nearly instant receipt. You can apply it and then write on the paper any notes (like date applied and any balance).

Oh well.

It would also be nice if you were informed that the $500 cards are NOT sent regular US Mail like the $100 cards. I wouldn't have known that except for this thread. And since I'm at work all day, how would I be at home to sign for delivery?

I'll try to remember to come back and let you know how long it takes to arrive.

I received an email this morning at 7:02 saying my card shipped yesterday via UPS and giving me a tracking number. Tracking shows it should arrive at the office on Tuesday, 1/12. So, that's only 4 working days. Not bad. Shipped from Akron.

Just received same info. for the card I ordered Thursday. This is much improved super fast shipping from previous orders. Hopefully this shipment procedure will continue. :D

I guess I'm lucky to live in Ohio, since they ship from there. I ordered several $500 cards and I receive them within 3 days. I always get a confirmation from them stating they have processed and then another stating they have shipped with a tracking number.

Card just delivered. That's much faster (and more secure) than the $100 cards that come through regular mail with no way to track.

Sadly, I don't always have $500 to spend on cards whenever. Plus, I like having the $100 cards to take with me to apply to my S&S account as needed.

But in this case, with final payment due at the end of the month, it was a good decision. Just like getting a $50 price drop (without the ES restrictions). :D

• 2 weeks later...

TWO QUESTIONS:

~ Have the $100 cards popped up lately? I'd like to purchase a couple.

~ When using the cards to pay for shore excursions on the Carnival website, where do I enter the gift card number? Where is says "promo code"? Do I need the PIN # as well?

Thanks!

TWO QUESTIONS:

~ Have the $100 cards popped up lately? I'd like to purchase a couple.

~ When using the cards to pay for shore excursions on the Carnival website, where do I enter the gift card number? Where is says "promo code"? Do I need the PIN # as well?

Thanks!

The cards were available on Monday of this week for just a coupe of hours.

Once you click on checkout, there's a link right there that says "pay for with gift card." Click on it.

The cards were available on Monday of this week for just a coupe of hours.

Once you click on checkout, there's a link right there that says "pay for with gift card." Click on it.

Thanks...I'll keep checking.

And I now see the gift card box! Thank you!

Where have all the gift cards gone...? :confused:

I need to book some excursions, and 10% off would be a big help.

I even joined AARP rewards to increase my chances of scoring a few! :D

It seems like it's been awhile since the gift cards were available.

They were available first part of last week but only lasted a few hours and sold out fast. My guess is carnival didn't release very many of them last week. I'm looking for them too. I want to get a couple $500 cards to use for our sail and sign accounts as I'm setting up our S&S account as cash only. $50 off each card is $100 saved for wife and I.

But yes ever since Christmas shopping was over the availability of the cards has gotten scarce. Not like from October to December 2015 they seem to be available about every day. It seems very early Monday mornings is the most often they release them.

Didn't realize that this existed as I'm new to Carnival and hadn't bothered to create a Rewards account with Verizon. I now have a bunch of points and need Carnival to offer more gift cards. I figured I'd subscribe to get the updates if someone posts that they are available.