Save 10% on Carnival Gift e-Cards through Verizon program

swetra

WOW. Verizon puts up cards 2 days in a row after selling out. Don't think I've ever seen them do that before. its usually a week or more before they put up more after selling out.

and yes 5 is the limit that you can buy now each time. they started doing this a few months back.

Edited by Jeepenfun

I just noticed that the Royal gift certificates say that you cannot use them with a travel agent. Are there any such restrictions on the Carnival gift cards? I got them one time before when they were e-gift certificates and had no trouble, but I need to know if I can go through a travel agent when using these new ones that are mailed.

Also, did someone say that they couldn't be used on the deposit? I would look up these restrictions myself if they were posted on Verizon, but they're not. :(

We booked our cruise through our credit card company. (We used reward points to pay for some of the cruise.) They use their own TA's and we were able to use 3 $500 Verizon gift cards to pay off our cruise. I just called and read them the number on the cards and they applied them to my account.

Edited by macfam76

From what I hear you can use the gift cards for pretty much anything Carnival, Deposits, Sail & Sign cards, Gratuities, fun shops, shore excursions through Carnival, making payments on your cruise booking,

However I don't know going through a TA though.

BTW i'm anticipating cards may be available in the morning. Its been 2 weeks. Remember they put them on the Verizon site at midnight central time.

Using them when booked through a TA is no problem. Have done it with 3 bookings now. If your TA won't accept them, find one that does.

They cannot be used for advanced purchases on items offered through the fun shops / bon voyage no matter how you book. They only take credit cards for payment.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

I have Verizon and I don't see any gift card on there for Carnival cruise except for purchasing a cruise itself. What am I doing wrong?

As long as you go to the "gift cards" section, it's not you that's doing anything wrong. They are not showing because they are not available at this time. You have to look daily and grab them as soon as they become available. They sell out quick. :)