Save 10% on Carnival Gift e-Cards through Verizon program

swetra

I don't remember if it was this thread or a different one talking about having to sign for these gift cards upon delivery and them being sent UPS but I just bought (2) $500 cards through Verizon and it plainly stated they would be mailed. It also said merchandise can't be sent to a PO Box but certain gift cards can be sent to a PO Box.

Maybe they are confusing Mailing as in USPS versus shipping as in UPS, I don't know. Thankfully I used Dad's address and he gets shipments and mail at the same address, which I don't, and he will be home to sign if necessary.

I don't remember if it was this thread or a different one talking about having to sign for these gift cards upon delivery and them being sent UPS but I just bought (2) $500 cards through Verizon and it plainly stated they would be mailed. It also said merchandise can't be sent to a PO Box but certain gift cards can be sent to a PO Box.

Maybe they are confusing Mailing as in USPS versus shipping as in UPS, I don't know. Thankfully I used Dad's address and he gets shipments and mail at the same address, which I don't, and he will be home to sign if necessary.

Yeah, it was this thread talking about signing for the $500.00 ones! Pardon my ignorance!

Yeah, it was this thread talking about signing for the $500.00 ones! Pardon my ignorance!

Well, got to reading over my invoice and it said no tracking # would be emailed. I thought that was ignorant so I called Verizon Smart Rewards. The guy told me I would get an additional email telling me to call them to verify my information and a tracking # would be supplied at that time, it had to be signed for, and it would arrive by UPS, not USPS. This is the most convoluted silly garbage I have ever heard of! I totally understand the signature need though.

Well, got to reading over my invoice and it said no tracking # would be emailed. I thought that was ignorant so I called Verizon Smart Rewards. The guy told me I would get an additional email telling me to call them to verify my information and a tracking # would be supplied at that time, it had to be signed for, and it would arrive by UPS, not USPS. This is the most convoluted silly garbage I have ever heard of! I totally understand the signature need though.

They can't give you a tracking number until they ship it, so it would never have been in the initial purchase email.

I'm not understanding what's bothering you. You keep quoting and answering your own posts. Once and if you get in the habit of buying these cards, maybe then it won't seem so confusing. $500 cards are sent UPS. $100 cards regular mail. You only have to deal with conforming your purchase the first time or two buying them. I never had to confirm. At least I don't remember doing so.

You also don't have to wait to get a tracking # or mailing confirmation. Click on account once logged in and all the most current activity will show. Everything you do is tracked on there.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

They can't give you a tracking number until they ship it, so it would never have been in the initial purchase email.

I'm not understanding what's bothering you. You keep quoting and answering your own posts. Once and if you get in the habit of buying these cards, maybe then it won't seem so confusing. $500 cards are sent UPS. $100 cards regular mail. You only have to deal with conforming your purchase the first time or two buying them. I never had to confirm. At least I don't remember doing so.

You also don't have to wait to get a tracking # or mailing confirmation. Click on account once logged in and all the most current activity will show. Everything you do is tracked on there.

I know a tracking # can't be sent until it is mailed or shipped, what I said was, the invoice stated "a tracking # would NOT be emailed", as in EVER! If you can track it from your Verizon account, the invoice should have said so so thanks for that info. I don't want $1000.00 hanging out there with no way to track it! The invoice also said the cards would be mailed, that is the US Postal Service, not UPS. UPS is not mail! The gentleman I confirmed with said anything over $500 goes by UPS but I did not know this until I called him as to why a tracking # would not be sent. If you order over $500, the invoice should have said the cards will be shipped, not mailed! What lots of folks do not understand evidently is that not everyone gets their mail at the same address as they would get something sent by UPS or fedex, (like me) that is why it is confusing and Verizon's wording makes no sense!

Actually, I went and read it again and it said a shipping confirmation would not be sent for gift cards or magazines, so I figured since a confirmation of shipping was not going to be sent then naturally you could not get a tracking number because that would/should be included in shipping confirmation.

Edited by drolltroll

Ok but the benefit of being part of this thread is listening to the experience of others. It's pages and pages long. By now, it's a documented fact how the cards are sent, mailed, shipped. Human experience is the best to go by instead of getting worked up over jargon. Some of it is old and not relevant to gift cards.

Yes you can see everything that takes place with your account by clicking on account once logged in. I don't wait around for emails. When I order cards that have to be signed for, I have usually gotten the tracking # and arranged to have the packaged held for pick up before the email even reaches me. So try that from now on if you buy more.

Just trying to save you some aggravation. Good luck.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

Ok but the benefit of being part of this thread is listening to the experience of others. It's pages and pages long. By now, it's a documented fact how the cards are sent, mailed, shipped. Human experience is the best to go by instead of getting worked up over jargon. Some of it is old and not relevant to gift cards.

Yes you can see everything that takes place with your account by clicking on account once logged in. I don't wait around for emails. When I order cards that have to be signed for, I have usually gotten the tracking # and arranged to have the packaged held for pick up before the email even reaches me. So try that from now on if you buy more.

Just trying to save you some aggravation. Good luck.

I do appreciate your help and that is a valid point about human experience but I would hope a multi billion dollar company would make their jargon more clear.

I do appreciate your help and that is a valid point about human experience but I would hope a multi billion dollar company would make their jargon more clear.

And it is a pretty big deal if you do not understand whether they are shipped or mailed if you have a PO Box for mail and a physical address for shipping. (like I do)

I'm the one who stated on a post that I did not get a tracking number and that gift cards are not given one. So I did log into my Verizon Rewards account and it does say "SHIPPED" and it does say ' TRACKING NOT AVAILABLE". So I am assuming it was mailed using UPS. So I called verizon rewards, and they said that they were not sure about this and they would call me back. so far nothing I made this call yesterday. On the account it shows as shipped on 08/5/2016 5 days ago.

I'm the one who stated on a post that I did not get a tracking number and that gift cards are not given one. So I did log into my Verizon Rewards account and it does say "SHIPPED" and it does say ' TRACKING NOT AVAILABLE". So I am assuming it was mailed using UPS. So I called verizon rewards, and they said that they were not sure about this and they would call me back. so far nothing I made this call yesterday. On the account it shows as shipped on 08/5/2016 5 days ago.

You can't mail by UPS, only USPS, and I know it may just be a matter of wording, but they are very different things if you get mail at a PO Box.

5 days ago by either method and it will be just about time to be getting them, maybe even today.

If you ordered the $500 card, according to this thread, you should have got a tracking #, if not $500, then probably no tracking.

You can't mail by UPS, only USPS, and I know it may just be a matter of wording, but they are very different things if you get mail at a PO Box.

5 days ago by either method and it will be just about time to be getting them, maybe even today.

If you ordered the $500 card, according to this thread, you should have got a tracking #, if not $500, then probably no tracking.

Sorry I meant USPS, not UPS. I assumed they mailed it USPS, and the fact that the account says "SHIPPED" I'm guessing it shipped 5 days ago to a physical address and never received a tracking number, and it states so on the account "No tracking available" and yes it was $500 that is why I called. I am waiting for either a phone call back or my gift card in my mailbox.

Sorry I meant USPS, not UPS. I assumed they mailed it USPS, and the fact that the account says "SHIPPED" I'm guessing it shipped 5 days ago to a physical address and never received a tracking number, and it states so on the account "No tracking available" and yes it was $500 that is why I called. I am waiting for either a phone call back or my gift card in my mailbox.

Something is not right. Was it a. $500 card or 5, $100 cards?

Something is not right. Was it a. $500 card or 5, $100 cards?

1 $500 dollar card. I just got off the phone with them again. they said the warehouse changed systems and it is not sending the correct info on the delivery email. She said she would investigate further and call me back. Lets see this is crazy. She did agree that they should of sent it through ups and I should of signed for it.

3976899_8-8-20168-40-04AM.jpg.02a6a9af86853ab0d884c225956ad0b1.jpg

1 $500 dollar card. I just got off the phone with them again. they said the warehouse changed systems and it is not sending the correct info on the delivery email. She said she would investigate further and call me back. Lets see this is crazy. She did agree that they should of sent it through ups and I should of signed for it.

Yes that's crazy. I wonder if you called UPS if they can track shipments by address.

If it helps any, even though the invoice said mine would be mailed, mine is coming by UPS and I did get emailed a tracking # after all. I ordered mine late Monday night and they will be here tomorrow and have to be signed for. I bought two $500 cards though, not just one like you. I live in NC and these were sent out of Ohio so I do not know if all these cards ship/mail from Ohio or not so even if you are say, in California, or anywhere not as close to Ohio as me, you should have yours by Monday, Tuesday at the latest, I would think, (if you ordered this past Monday like me), regardless of whether they come UPS or USPS.

My Verizon rep told me anything OVER $500 had to be UPS and signed for but you only ordered a $500 card so your guess is as good as mine if yours will be shipped or mailed. Since you can't get a tracking #, I would not be surprised if it came in the mail

Edited by drolltroll

• 1 month later...