Save 10% on Carnival Gift e-Cards through Verizon program

swetra

They are available.

Awesome! Thanks for posting. I just bought the maximum number allowed (five $100). Unfortunately, the $500 cards are already sold out. I will use them to make final payment.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Edited by mpcaruth

$500 are gone. $100 still available. I have until September to make final payment so I can wait. April is when I'll probably start getting more aggressive.

10% savings and 2% cashback from my credit card! Going to be at $300+ savings!

I just noticed this and thought I would pass it on.

I'm a long time Verizon Wireless customer and have recently been notified about their new Verizon Smart Rewards Program. It basically allows customers to accumulate points based on a variety of factors. I just logged in to check out the details of the program and saw many different options to use your points, one of which is purchasing gift cards.

Carnival was listed as one of the gift card options. You can use some of your Verizon Smart Rewards' points for a 10% discount on your purchase of either a $50 or $100 CCL electronic gift card.

By the way, they also had an option for purchasing CCL certificates but I'm unsure about the details of using those certificates since they could have restrictions.

I don't work for them, so I can't really answer questions regarding the program. if you are a Verizon customer like I am, just log into your on-line account and check into it. I did have to register for the program to get all the information but they offered an extra 5,000 bonus points for signing up. With the bonus and the other options specific to my account, I started out with over 40,000 points as soon as I signed up.

It only cost 1,000 of your points for the 10% discount on a $100 CCL e-gift card. It cost 500 points for a 10% discount on a $50 CCL e-gift card.

The program also offers some travel discounts on hotels, etc., using some of your Verizon Smart Rewards' points.

~Tracey

AT&T does nothing like this right?

I picked up and saved gc's for a couple years and now I've booked a dream back-2-back Carnival Splendor cruise (3/5 - 3/19). I have Verizon Rewards discount cards to thank for what amounts to 600 in savings overall. Thank you Cruise Critic for bringing this to my attention in the first place :)

After how long can you purchase more gift cards? I was able to buy 5 $100 gc's (thanks Cruise Critic!) but after that I couldn't purchase more. Is it a one time purchase deal?

You can purchase up to 500 dollars per day. But they sell out quickly. Just keep checking daily until you have the total amount you want.

Sent from my VS990 using Forums mobile app

I have been getting them also. Check everyday if they are sold out because they appear often. I have bought them in $100 and in $500 denominations depending on whats available. For my next Carnival cruise in May, I have $2500 in gift cards to use toward final payment. That's a nice savings!

On Friday I was able to buy 5 $500.00 gift cards from Verizon. I went back and the $100 cards were still available so I was able to buy 5 of those as well which almost pays off our June 2017 cruise. They have been available every Friday for the past few weeks.

A couple days ago you could still see Royal's and Carnival's gift cards on the site (albeit sold out). Today I can no longer see either. If the poster above is correct, then keep checking over the next 24 hours for them to reappear 'in stock'.

I've bought five 500-dollar ones at a time - so 500 per day isn't the limit. I appreciate the tip above about buying four 100-dollar gc's and then buying a separate set of four 100-dollar gc's in two purchases in one day (thanks).

I purchased our pre-cruise hotel on Verizon's travel page too (2,300 points). I booked Comfort Suites Miami Airport North for $202 (King Suite- inc taxes). On Comfort Suite's site, it's $229. They have a free shuttle from Miami airport, breakfast, wifi, and free shuttles to the cruise port.

Too bad we can't book cruises on Verizon's travel page then pay with carnival gc's. I've found them to consistently be about 8-12% cheaper than going through Carnival directly.

Fingers crossed and good luck to us all :)

A couple days ago you could still see Royal's and Carnival's gift cards on the site (albeit sold out). Today I can no longer see either. If the poster above is correct, then keep checking over the next 24 hours for them to reappear 'in stock'.

I've bought five 500-dollar ones at a time - so 500 per day isn't the limit. I appreciate the tip above about buying four 100-dollar gc's and then buying a separate set of four 100-dollar gc's in two purchases in one day (thanks).

I purchased our pre-cruise hotel on Verizon's travel page too (2,300 points). I booked Comfort Suites Miami Airport North for $202 (King Suite- inc taxes). On Comfort Suite's site, it's $229. They have a free shuttle from Miami airport, breakfast, wifi, and free shuttles to the cruise port.

Too bad we can't book cruises on Verizon's travel page then pay with carnival gc's. I've found them to consistently be about 8-12% cheaper than going through Carnival directly.

Fingers crossed and good luck to us all :)

We booked our hotel using Verizon points too. $142.06 for the Courtyard by Marriott in Brickell. And you can book cruises using Verizon points and pay using gift cards. I know a few people who have.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

We booked our hotel using Verizon points too. $142.06 for the Courtyard by Marriott in Brickell. And you can book cruises using Verizon points and pay using gift cards. I know a few people who have.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

How did they do that? At the end of a Rewards order, they will only charge to a credit card. Grrr. I'm bummed to miss the opportunity to save $, but am glad to learn how to circumvent those check-out issues for the future...

• 2 weeks later...

The cards haven't been available lately. Is there usually a certain day they come up or do you just have to keep checking at random?

Need a $500 card to book an excursion! We leave in less than 40 days!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The cards haven't been available lately. Is there usually a certain day they come up or do you just have to keep checking at random?

Need a $500 card to book an excursion! We leave in less than 40 days!

They were just available on 1/20 you have to keep checking. I just bought 5 of each to pay for some cruises.

I'll be buying them anytime I see them since they are always 10% off.

They were just available on 1/20 you have to keep checking. I just bought 5 of each to pay for some cruises.

I'll be buying them anytime I see them since they are always 10% off.

Thanks. Are they generally released on Fridays?

• 2 weeks later...