Yikes!!! We are booked on the sun

gladimhere

I don't know where you are getting all the "horrible" reviews. She had tons of excellent reviews, with her being many folks favorite ship. She is a smaller, more relaxed ship. But that is what we like about her. She and the Pearl are our favorites. If you are looking for fun, fun, fun, try the Getaway. We just sailed her and thought she was very nice. What is so horrible about the Sun that you have been reading about? Specifics? Yikes!!!! Wish we were on the Sun right now! Oh yea....we will be in November..for our 4th cruise on her.

Edited by roger001

This post once again makes me wonder....

Why do people book a trip first....THEN read the reviews???

In any event, just remember that people are more likely to complain about stuff than to compliment stuff.

To keep it in perspective.....there are THOUSANDS of people on each cruise, and only a very small handful of bad reviews.

Edited by NEW 2 CRUISIN

Do not even worry one moment! The Sun is an awesome ship with awesome crew! The cabins are bigger than most and although she doesn't have all the glitz and glamour of the new ships, the Sun is Gem on the seas!

No YIKES! at all!!! She has the biggest normal cabins of any of the NCL ships!!

She has the most beautiful italian restaurant venue -- two tops by large windows and round raised banquettes for up to 4 diners all with views!!!

Her pools are normal sized! 2 fairly deep ones, one usually reserved for lap swimming. Hot tubs.... large pool deck space with stage.

A fantastic forward lounge called "Observation Lounge" Floor to ceiling windows for good views, nice bar staff and an outside deck just in front of the windows!! Love that space.

Her theater is pretty I love the stage curtain and it will seat a lot at one time, unlike the new ships.

Tiny kid's pool but so cute with tiny hot (cold) tub in the middle.

Why on earth did you book the SUN if you don't think you'd like her?

and the reviews are horrible.Any info good or bad regarding this ship would be greatly appreciated,

I don't know why it is Yikes. We loved our two long cruises on the Sun.

The crew is great, the up top Observation lounge with an outside viewing area is a great place for viewing.

So is The Great Outdoors outside the main buffet area.

Edited by NMLady

I don't know why it's Yikes either with 76% of cruisers loved it 937 Reviews and 4 stars overall. Sure, there are going to be pax that don't love it as much as others, but being relatively new here, I have no qualms whatsoever about my December cruise on the Sun.

You need to read before you book and when you read take everything, the good, the bad and the ugly with a grain of salt. I've been lurking here for a long time reading reviews and checking things out on other sites as well, "doing my homework" so to speak.

The Sun sounds ideal to me and I'm pretty sure we'll have a fab time, as usual, hope you do as well.

Cheers.

and the reviews are horrible.Any info good or bad regarding this ship would be greatly appreciated,

So when are you book? DH and I will be taking our 3rd trip on the Sun next June. :D Can't wait.

The Sun is a nice ship, a little small, a little older, however the ship is fine, and the crew on our last two trips were great. Entertainment, just fine. Food good.

We love, love, love the Sun and have been on four cruises on her. Her cabins are larger than other ships in the NCL fleet, and she has a Great Outdoor Cafe! Her Le Bistro restaurant is gorgeous, positioned up top with beautiful sea views, and Il Adagio, the Italian restaurant, has these wonderful banquettes facing floor-to-ceiling windows. Oh, I so wish we had an upcoming cruise booked on her.

I'm booked for our Alaskan cruise next year and honestly I've read nothing but great reviews for her. Granted some posters say she's showing her age, but she's been overwhelming a positive experience. I'm looking forward to our sailing and hope you find the positives!!!

From what I understand she's a older ship, but still loves her passengers! And her passengers love her, there is a high devotion to the Sun, with people sailing her many many times. I've done the Sky which is a sister ship, which I loved and was my first cruise, so she will always hold a piece of my heart. If your traveling with kids, you may want more bells and whistles, but overall, I hear great things!

Might I add that I had to cancel the PC cruise I booked over a year ago due to health concerns and costs, (no worries - torn miniscus in knee and a hight deductible) on my favorite ship the NCL Sun.

I was all set to cruise in the 9th floor aft PH for the third time. So very disappointed but had to make the practical choice.

I may cruise a lot more ships in the future but the Sun will always be one of my favorites. It would take a lot for another ship to replace her at the top. But you never know.

You're kidding, right? The Sun has tons of great reviews. We have sailed on her twice in the past year, a 10 day and an 11 day. We had our teens with us both times. The teen program was great and my kids made lots of friends. We loved the ship and even though we had an interior cabin with 4 people in it, the cabin was so spacious and had such well thought out storage, we never felt cramped. Staff were awesome. We ate in the MDR most nights and were happy with it. Great Outdoors was my favorite place. DH loved the observation lounge and the kids loved the 24 hour sports bar (and their wings). Tapas at Las Ramblas is also fun. Enjoy your cruise!

No YIKES! at all!!! She has the biggest normal cabins of any of the NCL ships!!

She has the most beautiful italian restaurant venue -- two tops by large windows and round raised banquettes for up to 4 diners all with views!!!

Her pools are normal sized! 2 fairly deep ones, one usually reserved for lap swimming. Hot tubs.... large pool deck space with stage.

A fantastic forward lounge called "Observation Lounge" Floor to ceiling windows for good views, nice bar staff and an outside deck just in front of the windows!! Love that space.

Her theater is pretty I love the stage curtain and it will seat a lot at one time, unlike the new ships.

Tiny kid's pool but so cute with tiny hot (cold) tub in the middle.

Why on earth did you book the SUN if you don't think you'd like her?

YES!!!!! I love the Sun. I am actually feeling quite the opposite right now. If I were to start a thread, it would read 'YIKES! I'm booked on the Breakaway!!'

I love smaller ships with no bells and whistles and the Sun is my favorite!!

I haven't read any Sun reviews but would be willing to bet that the negative reviews were written, for the most part, by passengers who have experience with other lines and were sailing with NCL for the first time. I have read so many negative reviews that start out "this was our first time sailing with NCL after sailing for many years with RCCL" or "we normally sail with Princess but thought we would give NCL a try". Whenever I see that in a negative review I move on to the next one.

We absolutely love the Sun. We've been on her three times and have just booked a South American 14-day cruise in Feb 2016. I just wish NCL would stop buying these megaships and continue with more of the smaller ones.

I said this on another recent Sun thread, of which the many comments were very positive, and I think I'll say it again here.

I think of the Sun like this. When you board, she says, "welcome aboard. Just relax, have a drink, lie back by the pool, read a book, eat a relaxing meal, sleep in late if you wish, just enjoy the relaxed, non busy atmosphere." I just don't consider the Sun as an "exciting, fun, fun, fun, lets do something" ship. And the Sun atmosphere for the two of us is perfect. We recently sailed on the Getaway. Wonderful ship, beautiful, great crew, and lots...lots...lots to do constantly. But it was too much for us. It might be what you are looking for however.

I'm like the other reply, NCL don't go big ship only. We like the smaller ones better....for what we enjoy about a cruise.