Initial X observations

blindrid

I'm taking my first cruise on celebrity cruise line and I used a TA as I typically do so I can't speak to what the OP has gone through but I must say, the pre-cruise process can set the tone. I don't think we should dismiss the OPs stress of a bad booking experience. You want to roll on board confident that you're going to get what you thought you booked and not have to spend the first half day of your cruise in a service line trying to fix it on board.

You may have come up with the solution when dealing with Celebrity - use a TA.

I never use a TA typically using a PCC. I have used some online TA's before the move to take away / limit a TA's promotional discounts. Maybe if I take a Celebrity again, I will consider a TA and not get the attitude and frustration that comes with dealing with Celebrity direct.

I'm confident that things will be fine when I get onboard. Things are never perfect and I've learned a long time ago, when I traveled extensively on business, to roll with it. Nobody is going to ruin perfectly good cruise time ;).

Once you're on board, you can book your next one there, avoid the website totally and get some good perks as well. That should solve your problems nicely and it will help with the cruise withdrawal after your cruise is over.:)

Once you're on board, you can book your next one there, avoid the website totally and get some good perks as well. That should solve your problems nicely and it will help with the cruise withdrawal after your cruise is over.:)

Biggest issue I have when I get back is my employer frowns at a Bloody Mary @ 9:00 AM

1) Booking online, impossible.

2) booked by phone, bad experience. Booking agent could have cared less.

3) Got classic drink package, before the changes/drink price increases. Change dictates a very limited beer, wine and drink selection. Now it appears to have a reasonable import or wine, pay for upgrade.

Why let those things have any effect on looking forward to your cruise? I´m also booked on my 1st Celebrity cruise and much looking forward to the on board experience. The on board experience is why I book cruises. And I avoided the problems you mentioned:

1) + 2)

booked at a TA who also handled website issues during online check-in and dining reservations for me

3)

canceled drinks package and got my money refunded to my credit card account immediately

Don´t let some minor pre-cruise issues spoil your vacation. Look forward to a great itinerary you have chosen and a nice time on board.

Why let those things have any effect on looking forward to your cruise? I´m also booked on my 1st Celebrity cruise and much looking forward to the on board experience. The on board experience is why I book cruises. And I avoided the problems you mentioned:

1) + 2)

booked at a TA who also handled website issues during online check-in and dining reservations for me

3)

canceled drinks package and got my money refunded to my credit card account immediately

Don´t let some minor pre-cruise issues spoil your vacation. Look forward to a great itinerary you have chosen and a nice time on board.

I don't think it will. But, my expectations have been lowered.