RCI All Inclusive package

I have just received a price from my TA for a 7 night cruise on the Allure in May 2015. The cruise is included as part of RCI's all inclusive package which states free drinks package and gratuities included. My TA quoted me 2 prices, the first price was cruise only and the second was all inclusive. The difference in prices was £300 per person. I thought the whole concept of free drinks and gratuities was that they were free :confused: Am I just being naïve in thinking anything could be free ?

It may be a matter of wording...

If they used the term 'free' drink package, then I would also believe it should be the same price.

If they used 'included' drink package then I would believe the cost is just rolled into the cost of the cruise.

(Depending on which drink package is included, it may be a good deal.)

The same goes for the gratuities. Some 'free gratuities' offers may have the customer pay for gratuities up front, but you get the money back as an On Board Credit.

I'd re-read the fine print of your offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Got mine absolutely and undoubtedly free. My Travel agent quoted me a price for my wife and I that included just half price tips. I said I'd give it some thought. 3 days later on the 1st August, she rang back and for the exact same cruise, in the exact same room, she was now offering, free beer and wine and completely free tips. So in total, I paid £103 less than the original quoted price and got a £700 drinks package thrown in.

Now that's what I call free!

Edited by The Tuckmeister

Got mine absolutely and undoubtedly free. My Travel agent quoted me a price for my wife and I that included just half price tips. I said I'd give it some thought. 3 days later on the 1st August, she rang back and for the exact same cruise, in the exact same room, she was now offering, free beer and wine and completely free tips. So in total, I paid £103 less than the original quoted price and got a £700 drinks package thrown in.

Now that's what I call free!

Hi. I'm thinking of booking a cruise on this offer is it just beer,wine and soft drinks?

Hi. I'm thinking of booking a cruise on this offer is it just beer,wine and soft drinks?

Yes, so far it's been only what Royal calls the Select package, beer, wine up to $8 per glass, soda, and non-alcoholic cocktails.

Hi, yes it is. It's called the 'select package' Includes unlimited selected draft, canned and bottled beers and wine to the value of £8 a glass (Might be 8 dollars can't remember). Also includes fountain soft drinks. Normally costs £25 pp per day. In our case that is £700 over the course for the cruise. Doesn't include spirits.

I'm starting to wonder if our TA is taking me for a ride. I received an e-mail informing me that if I want to avail of the all inclusive drinks package & gratuities, then my 3 year old must also sign up for the all inclusive soft drink package too. I tried explaining that he doesn't drink soft drinks, only milk and the lemon in the windjammer but my TA is stating that the promotion is per cabin and not per person. :mad:

I'm starting to wonder if our TA is taking me for a ride. I received an e-mail informing me that if I want to avail of the all inclusive drinks package & gratuities, then my 3 year old must also sign up for the all inclusive soft drink package too. I tried explaining that he doesn't drink soft drinks, only milk and the lemon in the windjammer but my TA is stating that the promotion is per cabin and not per person. :mad:

Even though I've not seen the terms & conditions of the promo, that does seem odd.:confused:

But the package is presumably free isn't it?

The terms and conditions state that an underage passenger will be given the soft driinks package

4 "The minimum drinking age for all alcoholic beverages on Royal Caribbean ships sailing from North America is 21 yrs. The minimum drinking age for all alcoholic beverages on Royal Caribbean ships sailing from Europe is 18 yrs. The Select Drinks Package, Soda Package promotion will only be applied to guests who meet the minimum required drinking age. The Soda Package will be applied to all guests under the minimum drinking age. A guests age is established upon embarkation (beginning of the cruise) and the relevant package will be applied accordingly.

Edited by The Tuckmeister

But the package is presumably free isn't it?

The terms and conditions state that an underage passenger will be given the soft driinks package

4 "The minimum drinking age for all alcoholic beverages on Royal Caribbean ships sailing from North America is 21 yrs. The minimum drinking age for all alcoholic beverages on Royal Caribbean ships sailing from Europe is 18 yrs. The Select Drinks Package, Soda Package promotion will only be applied to guests who meet the minimum required drinking age. The Soda Package will be applied to all guests under the minimum drinking age. A guests age is established upon embarkation (beginning of the cruise) and the relevant package will be applied accordingly.

I thought the drinks package was free too. What my TA has priced for me is 1) the cruise only and then 2) the cruise with the free inclusive package included.

My TA seems to be inferring that the prices have been loaded to factor in the free drinks package.

I thought the drinks package was free too. What my TA has priced for me is 1) the cruise only and then 2) the cruise with the free inclusive package included.

My TA seems to be inferring that the prices have been loaded to factor in the free drinks package.

That is so odd that the "free" drink package has a different price.:confused:

All I can think of is that the TA has group space obtained earlier at a lower price, before the drink package became available. So you can get the lower price of the group space, but if you want the drink package promo, you have to book at current prices.

Edited by clarea

I booked my 14 night cruise for 2015 in May. I priced it through several agents and eventually booked through RCI themselves as the price was the same as the agents and RCI don't charge for making payments by credit card. I was gutted when the free all inclusive and tips promotion came out. It worked out as a £870 saving to me. I rang RCI on Monday and ended up cancelling my original cruise and then making a new booking (in the same cabin) which included the promotion. The price was the same as I paid in May but with £870 of extras. I lost my original deposit of £300 but as I'm still £570 up, I can't really complain.

Just booked a couple of weeks ago, but I can change it. I went to RCI website but see nothing about an all inclusive drink package?? Where did you find this info??

Thanks

http://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/cruise-deals/?cid=UKRCBAU_GBRAG&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=royalcaribbean%20cruises&utm_campaign=Brand+-+Broad?gclid=CNmp_fH2_r8CFazItAodPkAAIA#ultimateholiday

I booked through a TA but I just did a mock booking on the RCI website and after you choose dining and gratuities options it tells you it will apply the promotion at the end.

I have just received a price from my TA for a 7 night cruise on the Allure in May 2015. The cruise is included as part of RCI's all inclusive package which states free drinks package and gratuities included. My TA quoted me 2 prices, the first price was cruise only and the second was all inclusive. The difference in prices was £300 per person. I thought the whole concept of free drinks and gratuities was that they were free :confused: Am I just being naïve in thinking anything could be free ?

Cruise only hasn't got a flight included and all inclusive has, and Allure leaves from Barcelona.

Not true at all! The current drinks package promotion is definitely a free extra:)

I will bet you everything I own versus everything you own that is not free.

Even if they do not charge YOU...

Did the company purchase the equipment necessary to deliver the drinks?

Did the company purchase the liquids served?

Is the company paying anyone that plays any role in getting the drink into a glass (or other container) anything?

If the answer to all of these questions is no...did any of their suppliers/vendors pay anything, including production and/or delivery cost?

Somewhere, somebody or company is covering the cost of those drinks. And I can almost assure you without fear of being wrong that whichever company is covering the cost they have a requirement to make a profit. Because these drinks have a cost associated with them then it is an operational cost that must be covered by revenue. That means they are charging someone enough to cover this expense...and that cost is being passed on to their customers...and sooner or later it gets to the consumer level.

TANSTAAFL!

Blimey... I hadn't given that much thought!

Bottom line is that had I booked on the 27th July, I would have paid 100 pounds more for the exact same cruise minus the drinks package. 4 days later, the trip is a 100 quid cheaper and my drinks are free. So for me, the drinks are most definitely, wonderfully, icy coldly, refreshingly, deliciously, satisfyingly, frothily, first quenchingly free!;)

Somewhere, somebody or company is covering the cost of those drinks. And I can almost assure you without fear of being wrong that whichever company is covering the cost they have a requirement to make a profit. Because these drinks have a cost associated with them then it is an operational cost that must be covered by revenue. That means they are charging someone enough to cover this expense...and that cost is being passed on to their customers...and sooner or later it gets to the consumer level.

TANSTAAFL!

Maybe the cost is just coming out of their nice big fat profits. I'd say it's a case of 'speculate to accumulate.' If this promotion results in more early bookings and an increase in new customers who enjoy their cruise so much that they'll make future bookings, RCI will achieved their aim - greater future profits. Plus, RCI make a packet out of alcohol and the usual cost to the consumer is probably 10 times the actual cost of the alcohol to RCI. Think about the cost of a bottle of vodka (cheap when bought in bulk); how many shots do you get out of one bottle? RCI charge top whack for each shot so they're making a massive profit out of one bottle even taking into account the operating costs. So this free all-inclusive promotion doesn't actually cost them very much. Anyway, why knock it? It's common practice for businesses to offer incentives - look at the supermarket. Every time you go in there's 2 for 1, BOGOs, buy 3 pay for 2 and products they sell as loss leaders to get you to keep going in and spending more than you expected.