Oasis - Interior Rooms

We are planning on cruising on the Oasis in May. We are wanting to put four adults in a room and I was wondering if there were any pictures of how this layout would be? Are there pull-man beds that come out or how would four people fit in the room? Just looking for some pictures and insight from others! TIA!

4 adults in on cabin.

Are you nuts?

Would you spend an entire week with 4 people in your bedroom at home?

You will have zero privacy.

Can you imagine the "sounds & smells" from everyone?

I would never recommend more than 2 people per cabin unless you have very small children...

I guess we are nuts ! We have shared an inside cabin with our 2 adult children in Sept on Freedom and actually had them booked on the Liberty for this Sept (but DS I guess is bailing on us) Now if it wasn't family I may feel different as I would like a little more privacy, but depends how comfortable you are together.

On the ships we have been on 2 beds come down from the ceiling there is also 2 underneath they can put them together to make one or keep them separated!

We only use our room to sleep and shower so worked out just fine for us. People have commented that is all we do because it's so small you got to get out, but that is not true! Since I've been an adult and went on any vacation land or cruise I can't stand to spend time in my room or watching TV we go on vacation to see stuff not walls and TV I can see at home! I want to be out and about as much as possible!

The interior cabins that sleep 4 use dropdown beds (like bunk beds but without the posts) So everyone has a single bed against the wall.

The first question is if you need to get up at night to pee....this can be very cumbersome in a dark room at 3am.:eek:

We traveled with some friends and they were sharing a quad room...they did not enjoy it very much....but it wasn't so much sleeping or the washroom....for them it was no space to put all their clothes, shoes and just general stuff. Especially on the Oasis where cupboard/wardrobe space is very sparse.

We have never had more than just the 2 of us...

We have a teenage daughter with lots of mess so you could say she is two tidy adults!

Although on a different ship, We sleep three comfortably for a fortnight and we have had Pullman rooms, the bunks are remade in the morning and at night and tucked away again. We kept our double bed as two singles to give room in the middle.

We would use a balcony room differently, but with an inside I agree you just use it to sleep and get ready on a rota system, and it works so long as you are tidy ;). We only get ready one person at a time so that that person can use the whole room (in fact DH goes to the gym to shower, which he does at home anyway, to get out of the way).

It's better, and very much cheaper, than not going at all.

Edited by Adayatatime

I would it agree it is hard to do as we have done it many times when are kids were younger but once they became teens we upgraded to a quad balcony room. Now that they are in their 20's we get them a separate room. A quad inside room is better than not going at all.

I guess we are nuts ! We have shared an inside cabin with our 2 adult children in Sept on Freedom and actually had them booked on the Liberty for this Sept (but DS I guess is bailing on us) Now if it wasn't family I may feel different as I would like a little more privacy, but depends how comfortable you are together.

As a general rule, the cabin size on the Oasis Class ships are smaller than the Freedom Class.

As a general rule, the cabin size on the Oasis Class ships are smaller than the Freedom Class.

Plus lack of convenient storage compared to Voyager/Freedom/Radiance class.

On the ships we have been on 2 beds come down from the ceiling there is also 2 underneath they can put them together to make one or keep them separated!

We only use our room to sleep and shower so worked out just fine for us. People have commented that is all we do because it's so small you got to get out, but that is not true! Since I've been an adult and went on any vacation land or cruise I can't stand to spend time in my room or watching TV we go on vacation to see stuff not walls and TV I can see at home! I want to be out and about as much as possible![/quote

]You don't need to explain yourself. If you Google inside quad on the Oasis there are multiple pics that come up. Have a great cruise! :)

Edited by janetz

Thank you for all your replies and thoughts. Do the interior rooms have a sitting area and the beds as well? We were thinking it did, but wasn't sure from the pictures we are seeing online?

Yes, there is usually a sofa in the interior staterooms.

I'd look for two connecting staterooms or a Junior Suite if possible.

here here, I agree. I was in a Large interior on the Allure once and that is when the wife and I decided if we cant afford a balcony then we arent going on a cruise.

Even the large interior for two adults was really pushing it. It felt smaller than my wifes dorm room while in college

Edited by trev71

The Large Interior is 172 Sq ft....and that included the bathroom space. There is no way I'd spend a vacation with 4 adults in 1 cabin...never. I would rather not cruise, than to feel like a sardine. Comfort on vacation is important.

The Promenade cabins have 193 sq. ft.....bigger, but not big enough, IMO.

I would go with 2 cabins....even the regular interior (150 sq. ft.) would be better with 2 adults.

Edited by cb at sea