2 Star Mariner questions

Avril

I'm so happy you asked this question, Avril.

There likely are a number of others who would like to wear their pins and for whatever reason have hesitated.

You brought the subject front and center and hopefully any and everyone who wishes to wear their pins will do so happily.

What could be more appropriate than wearing recognitions you have received from HAL while boarding and sailing on an HAL ship? :)

My DH always wore his Platinum Pin on his jacket lapel when on the ships.

Truth be told, I put it on his jacket lapel when I buried him this spring. We loved HAL, it was a huge part of our lives, so very many friends we care about and seeing they were on ships all over the world and could not be with us, I felt this was a way to feel our HAL friends with us at that most sad time. Probably TMI, but so what. It is what I felt and the truth of how much HAL was a part of our lives together.

I am sorry if anyone finds this post offensive. I mean no harm.

[i also should apologize to those who are having a hard time obtaining a Platinum pin as I have read they are in short supply but please understand. I never would have parted with his pin anyway.]

Judy

Very happy to hear about your husband's Platinum pin. I would do the same.

Thanks for this post. You have said it well.

There likely are a number of others who would like to wear their pins and for whatever reason have hesitated.

You brought the subject front and center and hopefully any and everyone who wishes to wear their pins will do so happily.

What could be more appropriate than wearing recognitions you have received from HAL while boarding and sailing on an HAL ship? :)

Truth be told, I put it on his jacket lapel when I buried him this spring. We loved HAL, it was a huge part of our lives, so very many friends we care about and seeing they were on ships all over the world and could not be with us, I felt this was a way to feel our HAL friends with us at that most sad time. Probably TMI, but so what. It is what I felt and the truth of how much HAL was a part of our lives together.

[i also should apologize to those who are having a hard time obtaining a Platinum pin as I have read they are in short supply but please understand. I never would have parted with his pin anyway.]

I think your post was perfect, and so appropriate that you sent your DH off on his last journey wearing his Hal pin, knowing how much you two loved cruising on Holland America. Thanks Sails for telling us.....:)

You're very welcome!! And thank you for all the help you give us here on these boards. I certainly hope my question can help someone else, I would be thrilled if it did!! :D After all, that's what CC is all about right? Not only helping ourselves but others as well. :)

Aww, that's so sweet, brings tears to my eyes. I think it was exactly the right thing to do and I probably would have done the same. I'm sure your DH would have loved it. I'm so sorry for your loss!! :(

I really hope to meet on in person sometime either on a Dam Ship or any other cruise line!! :)

Sail ...

I think that pinning the platinum pin on your DH's lapel was a touching way of sending him on his new journey. I'd think it would be evoke a peaceful feeling that he'd be near you in some way as you sail in your future.

My thoughts are with you

What are the perks/benefits of being a 2 Star Mariner? Just curious!! :)

From HAL's site:

2-Star Mariner

Collectible gifts, special discounts and more await you at 30 Cruise Day credits. As a 2-Star Mariner, you’ll enjoy:

• Welcome Back Embarkation Lunch in the dining room (from 12:00pm to 1:30pm) as well as a complimentary Mariner Champagne Brunch
  • A collectible gift presented to you on board
  • A complimentary photo of the ship
  • A 10% discount on Holland America Line logo clothing sold in onboard signature shops (may exclude already discounted merchandise)
  • A 15% discount on merchandise from www.shophollandamerica.com
  • A free subscription to the print or digital** version of Mariner magazine
  • Offers to special sailings hosted by a representative of the Mariner Society
  • An annual cruise planner
  • Special offers on select sailings
  • A 50% cruise fare discount on the 3rd/4th guest staying in your stateroom on select sailings
  • A special recognition lapel pin

From HAL's site:

2-Star Mariner

Collectible gifts, special discounts and more await you at 30 Cruise Day credits. As a 2-Star Mariner, you’ll enjoy:

• Welcome Back Embarkation Lunch in the dining room (from 12:00pm to 1:30pm) as well as a complimentary Mariner Champagne Brunch
  • A collectible gift presented to you on board
  • A complimentary photo of the ship
  • A 10% discount on Holland America Line logo clothing sold in onboard signature shops (may exclude already discounted merchandise)
  • A 15% discount on merchandise from www.shophollandamerica.com
  • A free subscription to the print or digital** version of Mariner magazine
  • Offers to special sailings hosted by a representative of the Mariner Society
  • An annual cruise planner
  • Special offers on select sailings
  • A 50% cruise fare discount on the 3rd/4th guest staying in your stateroom on select sailings
  • A special recognition lapel pin

Awesome, thanks!!!! :D

Sail7Seas: How touching you pinned your loved one with the HAL pin. I wear my 100 day medallion proudly.