Teen question

This will be our first cruise with my 16 y/o grand daughter. What is there to do for the teens? She is outgoing friendly, likes to dance and play sports.She can be a little shy at times in an unknown situation. I hope she loves to cruise as much as we do so we can take her with us in the future. Any helpful hints appreciated.

This will be our first cruise with my 16 y/o grand daughter. What is there to do for the teens? She is outgoing friendly, likes to dance and play sports.She can be a little shy at times in an unknown situation. I hope she loves to cruise as much as we do so we can take her with us in the future. Any helpful hints appreciated.

You don't say what ship you're on, but I think they're all similar.

There will be a teen club where she can go to "hang out". They will have a get together on night 1. They will have various night time activities targeted just for the teens. During the day there are various activities open to anyone (basketball, soccer, etc) on the sports court.

The most important thing is to go along on the first night. That is when they make friends. They dont have arranged activities that night usually just a get together. My daughter (16) is also a bit shy so she makes sure she is along early (7.45pm) so she doesn't have to walk into a crowd. She is then quite happy to say hello to others coming in . After that they all just hang out together. She will have a great time.

The first day on board even before the posted meet and mingle in Fuel, have her stop in from time to time to meet others.

She will be able to post via social media.... (vines, snap chat) before she boards and just make general announcements of any meetings.

This is a safe venue, thank God for the counselors that monitor who gets in.

She should have the time of her life!!!

Our DD did.

She was 14 on the Mariner of the Seas

16 and 17 on the Freedom of the Seas

and now

18 and 19 on the Allure, well behaved and to put it mildly I survived this year, she did listen to our guidelines and curfews.

Set limits.

Sea Ya

Definitely go the 1st night when EVERYONE is new! Makes it easier for those "shy" kids....

Absolutely, please to encourage our granddaughter to go that first night.

Our granddaughter likes to exchange names and cabin numbers with a few that she meets and likes so they can make plans to get together to "hang out". They also seem to like to check with each other to see if they'll be at a planned teen activity. :)

LuLu

You have gone on 13 cruises and have never brought your children with you?

Wow...........

We started cruising when my children were adults. Young but adults and mostly on their own. This will be my son's first cruise he is 34. My daughter 31 started cruising on her own because of all our experiences. With school it is hard to take the younger grands with us. As it is she will miss 2 days of school. She is an "a" student who is a jr. in high school doing dual enrollment for college also. A few years ago we did cruise with my then 81 year old Dad and his new wife for their honeymoon. My children have either been working or going to school. As it is all we can fit in is this quick weekend cruise. I am hoping this will inspire them to want to go on many more cruises in the near future. Plus we always had them take care of our cats and dogs so we could go together for much needed vacations. I am however feeling guilty now (kind of) LOL