What Should my Man Wear to Dinner?

AlohaPride

It just occurred to me that Hawaii's "nice" is probably not as "nice" as the dress code for dinner on HAL. In Hawaii, church attire is mainly a polo shirt and khaki shorts. Men hardly ever wear dress shirts. I think my husband might own two of those.

We have our 4 formal nights covered (he'll wear a tux, because we hardly ever get the chance to dress up). But I'm wondering what I need to purchase and pack for my husband to wear the other 10 nights of our cruise. Will a polo and Khaki pants (not shorts) work? Or should we get him a few more dress shirts?

I've been so focused on myself and our three girls that my husband's clothing completely slipped my mind!

John! Keaka did ask if he could just wear his Aloha Shirt! ROFL You don't think he'd stand out a bit in Alaska?

He'll he happy to hear polo shirts are okay.

I took my Hawaiian Aloha shirt to Alaska last year, but didn't have the nerve to put it on. It will certainly be an attention getter. :D

Dockers/khakis and polo shirts are great.

If your DH wants to wear a dress shirt or an aloha shirt, that is also great.

Long pants, shirt/jersey with a collar, shoes and he's good to go. :)

Have fun.

Mary, long slacks and a collared shirt meet the code. If you want to go out and purchase a dress shirt or two, that is fine, but it isn't necessary. Will Keaka ever have need of them again?

Why not bring the aloha shirt, if it's attractive? Some do look nicer than others. I have my Hawaiian dresses I bought when I last saw you, but I'm wearing those daytime.

Mary, Virgil has a huge collection of aloha shirts. He loves to wear his Reyne Spooner's on the ship. They are very, very nice aloha shirts and look great.

I know Keaka will look wonderful with his new buff self whatever he wears.

Mary, Virgil has a huge collection of aloha shirts. He loves to wear his Reyne Spooner's on the ship. They are very, very nice aloha shirts and look great.

I know Keaka will look wonderful with his new buff self whatever he wears.

Thank you! Now I'm back to formal wear. The pants that match his suit no longer fit. I don't think I'll be able to find another pair of matching pants, so I'm scrambling! Wish me luck!