Gold, Platinum, Diamond, and ...

pmb1

Actually, I think that if anything substantive at all has come out of this thread it is that, by and large, people on Cunard generally don't care about it. You should take a swing by some of the other boards and you would, I would dare to suggest, be totally gobsmacked at the seriousness of the discussions on this very topic. Not only that, but you would be amazed, horrified, and depressed in equal measure by the sense of entitlement that some of the protagonists clearly harbour in their loyal little bosoms.

J

You will also see many people have their status in their signatures.

I am Spentafortune level on Line R

I am Double Gold Ingot level on Line C

I am Million Days at Sea level on Line H

I agree that you see less of the emphasis on this on Cunard and on the Cunard CC forum.

You will also see many people have their status in their signatures.

I am Spentafortune level on Line R

I am Double Gold Ingot level on Line C

I am Million Days at Sea level on Line H

I agree that you see less of the emphasis on this on Cunard and on the Cunard CC forum.

Well now I am really laughing out loud.

OK, let's forget the level beyond the level beyond Diamond, my mistake. But there really ought to be a level that the Diamonds can look forward to. And I believe that 600 nights on board is the right threshold. 600 is DC in Roman numerals, but that doesn't suggest anything other than Washington and he never sailed anywhere. A title recalling Samuel Cunard would be nice, but "Sam's Club" just doesn't cut it.

Back to square one. Maybe just plain old "600 Level" would be best.

OK, let's forget the level beyond the level beyond Diamond, my mistake. But there really ought to be a level that the Diamonds can look forward to. And I believe that 600 nights on board is the right threshold. 600 is DC in Roman numerals, but that doesn't suggest anything other than Washington and he never sailed anywhere. A title recalling Samuel Cunard would be nice, but "Sam's Club" just doesn't cut it.

Worked for Mercedes. Well, SL600.:D

December 25, 1776...Washington crossed the Delaware River, but no doubt there are those who would rather not be reminded of the occasion :eek::D

I think we should stick with the metal theme. How about Thallium or Arsenic or maybe Polonium? :cool:

J

Set the level at 5,000 nights and call it "Unobtanium."

EDIT: Posted before reading. Carry on! :)

Edited by Underwatr

Actually, he did. He went to Barbados when he was a young man of nineteen.

Thanks, that's a very interesting bit of history.

Apparently, he learned a great deal in Barbados about armaments and fortifications, and as a result of contracting a mild case of smallpox, he became immune - which allowed him to continue to lead his troops when outbreaks occurred during the Revolutionary War.

In a way, I suppose that if he hadn't gone to Barbados, he might not been able to cross the Delaware River to fight and win a decisive battle. (I can almost hear George saying: Get a grip, men! This is only a frozen river! I sailed all the way to Barbados on holiday when you boys were in your cradle. I got sick, and survived! Now pick up those oars and row harder!)

Gotta love History:)

Edited by Salacia

I am reminded of an episode from the sit com Frasier, called 'Door Jam' (Season 10).

After experiencing the silver level of an exclusive spa, Frasier and his brother Niles discover there is a gold level. They are outraged and complain endlessly. Frasier's producer Roz mocks them for their obsession with climbing the tiers:

Roz: It's a spa! How much better could it be? I mean, are they

gonna carry you around like a sultan? You gonna be massaged

by supermodels? And what if you do get through the gold

door? What next, the diamond door? And after that a

titanium door! And after that a plutonium door!

If you haven't seen the episode, you can find it online easily.

While I do think another level of Cunard World Club is actually needed, I'm not hung up about it. I do concur with several others who have pointed out how much of a hot issue loyalty tiers is with posters on other lines' forums. On Princess people get very passionate about the 'Elite' level. Princess cruisers take great pride in telling you their status. It was THE topic of conversation on the first night of my cruise last December.

So, any takers for Titanium or Plutonium? Here's some of the perks I'm thinking:

Titanium (more than 300 days):

- a titanium pin

- express line at the Kings Court and a 30% larger plate to pile even more food on

- roped off section of the promenade deck for deck chair use

- head start of 5 squares in every bingo game

- the right to a kettle in your stateroom

- priority laundrette use / reservation of washers and driers

- 40% larger chocolates at evening turn down

Plutonium (more than 1000 days)

All of the above, plus:

- as a plutonium pin would be hazardous to one's health, you get a very special 'it's not as good as the QE2' complainers' memorial pin

- priority lifeboat embarkation in the event of sinking

- the right to wear whatever you like on formal evenings

- the ability to select the exact dog kennel cage for your pooch on Transatlantic crossings (new K-grade cage selection through booking website)

- the ability to not only delete all gratuities, but to demand gratuities from Cunard to the sum of $200 USD

- ability to upgrade yourself to whatever stateroom you like within your class of travel

- trumpeteers to announce your arrival on board

- guaranteed clotted cream at afternoon tea

I am reminded of an episode from the sit com Frasier, called 'Door Jam' (Season 10).

After experiencing the silver level of an exclusive spa, Frasier and his brother Niles discover there is a gold level. They are outraged and complain endlessly. Frasier's producer Roz mocks them for their obsession with climbing the tiers:

Roz: It's a spa! How much better could it be? I mean, are they

gonna carry you around like a sultan? You gonna be massaged

by supermodels? And what if you do get through the gold

door? What next, the diamond door? And after that a

titanium door! And after that a plutonium door!

If you haven't seen the episode, you can find it online easily.

While I do think another level of Cunard World Club is actually needed, I'm not hung up about it. I do concur with several others who have pointed out how much of a hot issue loyalty tiers is with posters on other lines' forums. On Princess people get very passionate about the 'Elite' level. Princess cruisers take great pride in telling you their status. It was THE topic of conversation on the first night of my cruise last December.

So, any takers for Titanium or Plutonium? Here's some of the perks I'm thinking:

Titanium (more than 300 days):

- a titanium pin

- express line at the Kings Court and a 30% larger plate to pile even more food on

- roped off section of the promenade deck for deck chair use

- head start of 5 squares in every bingo game

- the right to a kettle in your stateroom

- priority laundrette use / reservation of washers and driers

- 40% larger chocolates at evening turn down

Plutonium (more than 1000 days)

All of the above, plus:

- as a plutonium pin would be hazardous to one's health, you get a very special 'it's not as good as the QE2' complainers' memorial pin

- the ability to select the exact dog kennel cage for your pooch on Transatlantic crossings (new K-grade cage selection through booking website)

- the ability to not only delete all gratuities, but to demand gratuities from Cunard to the sum of $200 USD

- ability to upgrade yourself to whatever stateroom you like within your class of travel

This is so funny, thank you for making me laugh.

Denise

You are correct of course. I just forgot. And I regret that 600 -> DC -> Washington bit; one of my feeble attempts at humor, sorry.

December 25, 1776...Washington crossed the Delaware River, but no doubt there are those who would rather not be reminded of the occasion :eek::D

I'm not au fait with the historical reference, but I suspect that anyone who would rather not be reminded has been pushing up daisies for a good 200 years.

Referring to more contemporary history, rumour at this side of the pond has it that the only time George W used his passport before he got the big job was when he went to Disneyland.

Edited by Chunky2219

... Plutonium (more than 1000 days)

All of the above, plus:

Can I request, for those passengers in Britannia Grade, that the following perk be added to your excellent list please?

- no bottle of Pol awaiting you on embarkation

(I esp liked the "'it's not as good as the QE2' complainers' memorial pin" :D )

Thank you for your brilliant work, and making me laugh :)

Best wishes,