Disgusted Cruiser

Hmmm.... I wonder what the original poster is going to do when he gets older? After working for most of his life and then retiring is he going to sit at home alone, not going anywhere? He won't be taking a holiday on a cruise ship, spending money, having fun and seeing the world that's for sure! What a sad, lonely life he has ahead of him.

I'm in my 30's but I admire the older generation for getting out there and enjoying life. They've worked darn hard and ought to be able to spoil themselves and have a great time! Party hard older peeps!

Goodonya young fella, you enjoy your cruises too.

Hmmm.... I wonder what the original poster is going to do when he gets older? After working for most of his life and then retiring is he going to sit at home alone, not going anywhere? He won't be taking a holiday on a cruise ship, spending money, having fun and seeing the world that's for sure! What a sad, lonely life he has ahead of him. I'm in my 30's but I admire the older generation for getting out there and enjoying life. They've worked darn hard and ought to be able to spoil themselves and have a great time! Party hard older peeps!

Appreciate most of the many varied and very interesting comments on this thread. Especially liked the perspective reflected in the above posting. We were on a 14-day Sydney to Auckland sailing and things worked well. To be honest, many of those younger and/or with children find it harder to be away on such longer cruises. Yes, the "demographics" with the bulging baby boomer crowd are big and impact certain of these travel numbers.

We are in our mid 60's and like/hope to view ourselves as "young", especially in spirit and approach. There were some on our down under sailing that were a little "slower", but that's life. Just had lunch with a traveled-focus couple this week. He's 90. She's 88. Amazing minds, spirits, style and interests!! They are a spectacular "inspiration" for us middle-aged people. Keep active, rolling forward, experiencing life and its wonders.

We are planning a Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Silver Cloud Amazon-Caribbean combo back-to-back sailing over 26 days. As we did earlier this year with Australia, New Zealand and Hawaii, it will be very smart for us to escape the cold winter weather of the Midwest during this time period. It is also very fun doing that future research and planning for these trip!!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Back from doing a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure on this ship and getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 76,604 views for this fun posting.

Appreciate most of the many varied and very interesting comments on this thread. Especially liked the perspective reflected in the above posting. We were on a 14-day Sydney to Auckland sailing and things worked well. To be honest, many of those younger and/or with children find it harder to be away on such longer cruises. Yes, the "demographics" with the bulging baby boomer crowd are big and impact certain of these travel numbers.

We are in our mid 60's and like/hope to view ourselves as "young", especially in spirit and approach. There were some on our down under sailing that were a little "slower", but that's life. Just had lunch with a traveled-focus couple this week. He's 90. She's 88. Amazing minds, spirits, style and interests!! They are a spectacular "inspiration" for us middle-aged people. Keep active, rolling forward, experiencing life and its wonders.

We are planning a Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Silver Cloud Amazon-Caribbean combo back-to-back sailing over 26 days. As we did earlier this year with Australia, New Zealand and Hawaii, it will be very smart for us to escape the cold winter weather of the Midwest during this time period. It is also very fun doing that future research and planning for these trip!!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Back from doing a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure on this ship and getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 76,604 views for this fun posting.

Hi Terry,

Good post, I do find it amazing how diverse people can be, the just categorise someone as old or young is silly. Age is not a determinant as to if people can cruise or not, it is and shouldn't be a barrier. I know plenty of adventurous, spritely people of advanced age and also some sedantary, unambitious young people.

Cruising isn't for everyone, but I don't think age is a real restriction on who can or can't.:D