Are the Lobster Tails the Size of Shrimp Now?

TPFKAH

No the shrimps are just really large! LOL

IMO, The lobsters are smaller than they use to be. I haven't had a good lobster tail in a while. They are always rubbery and over cooked. I can't eat over cooked items. The chewing factor for me.

slybear at post 7,,,,that's one good looking lobster tail picture!

Edited by tbbtravels

i made the same comment last night on the OP -- on FB -- my family are shrimpers, crabbers and lobster-men -- i have two brothers that own ships, and my mom, dad, aunts and uncles work the processing.

Those are either huge shrimp or tiny lobsters -- way too young to be be eaten.

and with the price of lobster crab and shrimp currently being so low on the wholesale market -- this is a disgrace.

Just had them last night and they were GOOD!! Yes they were on the small side, but that's why I had three!! :D

Ours on the Splendor were great as well. Just got off the ship.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my IPhone

I actually prefer the shrimp to the lobster. They're delicious.

What's the matter, OP. Afraid you'll go hungry? :rolleyes:

I often state that I'm paying less in today's dollars than I did for cruises 10 years ago. Can't say the same for anything else. I guess no one's noticed how the price of food has increased in that same time frame, right?

But we're going to complain about the size of the lobster tails on that very-affordable cruise? Used to SuperSized portions? Just ask for another dinner (not like any of us need to eat enough for three people at every meal, though, do we?).

When we first started cruising in 2003, the lobstertails were bigger, but they were also tough and rubbery.

Most of the time since then, we've had smaller tails but they've been much better. We enjoy 2 of each of our B2B cruises!

On the Conquest last year they were less than 4 oz each. Probably more like 2 - 3 oz. The prawns we had on Princess were way bigger than the lobster on Carnival. And the lobster tail on Princess, well you don't even want to know...lets say Princess's lobster tail made Carnivals lobster tail look like cocktail shrimp.

On the Sunshine last week they were about the same size as the shrimp but they were very good...not rubbery or anything. We were pleasantly surprised. Hubby ordered two. I order the flat iron steak and had the tail on the side....it was more than enough food.

People were routinely ordering two or more and the waiters seemed to know that was going to happen.