Sydney to Hong Kong

18 nights departing on 12 Feb 2016.

Balcony cabin Cat BE

$1495

Currently on a great Oz website.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

And my favourite ship too.

If only I could.

Not having any, I didnt think of that option.

We need a "borrow a friend" thread. I was trying to find one earlier this year, luckily I talked my mom into coming. We didn't even need the extra room, we just had a similar situation where it cost less to book six people in three rooms than five people in two rooms.

I really doubt that the cruise line would deny you boarding if someone in your party didn't show up. Did you pay? Yes. Did the other person pay? Yes. Did either of you get a refund? No. It would be a pretty bad PR move. That said, I don't plan on risking it.

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread, looking to get from Australia to the US first half of next year (pretty flexible on dates). Don't mind one big cruise, several smaller ones, mix of cruises and flights, etc. If it goes east, is between Australia and the US, and is dirt cheap, I'm gonna book it.

Edited by circuitrider

I have seen a number of posts suggesting that, as long as it is paid I can't see how they could object, sudden last minute drop out.

You can do it. However, you need to put the friend details in, including their passport details.

I did it last year on Legend. I had booked my wife and I on a trip the previous year but a couple of months later we separated. By the time the cruise came around there was no way I was going to be cooped up in a room with her for 13 days. I went alone, but with three other couples of our holiday group. At check in I simply explained that my wife was a "no show" and there was no further issues, cruise staff were not concerned. I found that my OBC and Defence Benefit was cut in half, but otherwise there were no issues.

Now I have a cruise buddy, a dear friend from my teen years, so many decades ago.

Edited by Greensteam

You can buy friends ..... there are even places where you can hire them by the hour. :eek:

By the hour would make it an expensive cruise though.

Also Mrs GUT might get a bit narky (no that that would be unusual).

I did it last year on Legend. I had booked my wife and I on a trip the previous year but a couple of months later we separated. By the time the cruise came around there was no way I was going to be cooped up in a room with her for 13 days. I went alone, but with three other couples of our holiday group. At check in I simply explained that my wife was a "no show" and there was no further issues, cruise staff were not concerned. I found that my OBC and Defence Benefit was cut in half, but otherwise there were no issues.

Now I have a cruise buddy, a dear friend from my teen years, so many decades ago.

I don't blame you, glad you have a new buddy.

Edited by MicCanberra

Luxury Singapore to Sydney Fly/Stay/Cruise

12th March 2016 - 17nts - Celebrity Millennium

17nts from only $ 1499pp

Fly to Singapore and stay 1nt pre cruise before embarking the Celebrity Millennium for your 5* full board cruise visiting Benoa, Bali (overnight stay), Darwin, Cairns and Brisbane before disembarking back in Sydney.

WHATS INCLUDED: One way flight from Sydney to Singapore (call for regional departures) - 1nt hotel stay in Singapore - 16nt sailing onboard Celebrity Millennium - All port fees and taxes - All food and entertainment onboard

Luxury Singapore to Sydney Fly/Stay/Cruise

12th March 2016 - 17nts - Celebrity Millennium

17nts from only $ 1499pp

Fly to Singapore and stay 1nt pre cruise before embarking the Celebrity Millennium for your 5* full board cruise visiting Benoa, Bali (overnight stay), Darwin, Cairns and Brisbane before disembarking back in Sydney.

WHATS INCLUDED: One way flight from Sydney to Singapore (call for regional departures) - 1nt hotel stay in Singapore - 16nt sailing onboard Celebrity Millennium - All port fees and taxes - All food and entertainment onboard

That cruise has lots of availability.

I'm watching it. However, not really interested in the package type deal.

Ship Name: Dawn Princess

Cruise Code: D603

Departure Date: Saturday, 16 January 2016

Cruise Name: South Pacific

Nights: 13

Departing: Sydney

$1299 pp balcony or $1149 pp oceanview.

Ship Name: Dawn Princess

Cruise Code: D604

Departure Date: Friday, 29 January 2016

Cruise Name: South Pacific

Nights: 12