El Cheapo Cruises Thread

Celebrity Refection in Europe got some fantastic deals and I think you get 2 of the perks for included for these prices as well. But you need to double check that.

9 Sept 16 From $510 pp inside

19 Sept 16 from $560 pp inside

10 Oct 16 from $560 pp inside

On the celebrity site. Remember snooze you lose.

Good prices for Oceanviews and balcony cabins.

You get the two perks for oceanview and up, so better to book OV!

That would have to have been one of the most lack lustre sales ever from Royal Caribbean. 9 cruises, and only some of them had rehashed sale ideas, like a few were balcony guarantee at inside prices. Really just some last minute sale pricing. I don't think they really get what Boxing Day sales are really about, and would probably save face by not trying to hop on any theme that comes up.

They have been running the BOGOHO sales for so long they are going to struggle to restructure the prices to bring on any other kind of sale. But hey, it has been working for them for nearly 2 years now. They said the last BOGO sale was ending on the 25th Dec, yet the pricing still shows BOHO when you go to book.

I can remember logging on and seeing some good prices on New Year's Eve a couple of years ago. They had uploaded some New Year's Day special prices. It will be interesting to see if anything new comes up this year. I am an optimist, and will continue to trawl around the RCI prices - although I am still waiting for the Spring/ Summer 2017/2018 releases for Aus to open up with RCI. Thought that was due mid December? Or was I mixed up with the Celebrity release? :)

Edited by goodycruising

I will look forward to them actually being a good sale.:D

Well those Celebrity Europe cruises on sale are a GOOD sale. :D Less than $50 per person per day. And I believe if you go Oceanview or above you can include 2 perks for nothing. And the balcony pricing was touch over $100 per person per day.

Well those Celebrity Europe cruises on sale are a GOOD sale. :D Less than $50 per person per day. And I believe if you go Oceanview or above you can include 2 perks for nothing. And the balcony pricing was touch over $100 per person per day.

Europe must really be suffering with the conflicts around that general area. Those are very good specials. Just had a quick look.

We had friends recently on one of those cruises that bring the guns and security on for part of the trip from Barcelona to Dubai. Not something that I would be keen on.

I liked the February 27 NZ cruise with RCI and would have booked it if I had not booked the other cruise.

Be interesting to see how the sales go through the season.

So many people seem so very anti cruise ships. I guess it's up to the cruise lines to get them to try. No one I have ever meet on a cruise ship has said it was horrid and they would never go back.

I'm waiting for my guarantee outside stateroom to be assigned. They have 5 cabins showing as still being available but over 20 luxury suites. Hoping some balcony guests get bumped up to a suite and we get a balcony......but if I get my ov I'm happy. My son won't be able to throw things overboard.

I believe there is some big New Year sale coming up but agents in oz not allowed to release details. Remains to be seen. Cause what they think is a deal we go piffle.

There have been a couple of cruises with fantastic price points but I agree a lot of the deals haven't been deals :confused:....none have suited us time wise. Hoping to see some "bums in beds at any cost" deals for March or April coming around soon :D:D:D have 4 in mind best deal gets my money......:cool:

There have been a couple of cruises with fantastic price points but I agree a lot of the deals haven't been deals :confused:....none have suited us time wise. Hoping to see some "bums in beds at any cost" deals for March or April coming around soon :D:D:D have 4 in mind best deal gets my money......:cool:

That is the way to do it, pick a few options and wait for your ship to come in (so to speak).:D

Europe must really be suffering with the conflicts around that general area. Those are very good specials. Just had a quick look.

We had friends recently on one of those cruises that bring the guns and security on for part of the trip from Barcelona to Dubai. Not something that I would be keen on.

A lot of people pulling out of the Europe cruises, some may be out of fear for themselves, some may be out of principle and cost but either way the deals will come to try and fill the ships.:D

A lot of people pulling out of the Europe cruises, some may be out of fear for themselves, some may be out of principle and cost but either way the deals will come to try and fill the ships.:D

More potential baragins then for me :D

I might have to consider going back Europe again in 2017. Will wait and see.

Those Europe deals are sensational. Best I have seen for the Reflection and even balconies are under 100 pp pd. When you add in the pre paid grats and drinks package that is exceptional value.

I asked the question but with 4 cruises totalling 43 nights and 26 days of land travel in Asia already booked for 2016 I got the "we really cant" answer.

We have amassed plenty of Velocity points and plan to use them in 2017 for air to the USA and then a Trans Atlantic and a few Euro cruises. Hope the prices approach these then.

I believe there is some big New Year sale coming up but agents in oz not allowed to release details. Remains to be seen. Cause what they think is a deal we go piffle.

We'll see. I'm as optimistic as finding a good deal in the boxing day sales. ;)

I just tried one of the Europe deals and it allowed me to choose two perks with a cheap balcony fare

e6b82e6daeecce4fc5c6fe90f2ccab31.jpg

Even better in that case.

I'd checked yesterday with an oceanview and it wasn't included (when it normally is under the program), but hadn't checked balcony.

Today it's not playing ball with the oceanviews so not sure what's happened there.

Lots of Royal Caribbean bargains at the moment.

Shhh...

Don't tell DW BUT I've just put a 24 hour hold on 7 night to Tasmania on Radiance of Seas sailing on 18th Feb 2015, as a surprise for her Birthday.

The price on the invoice is $1541.20 not including gratuities for a balcony guarantee.

I'm hoping that I might get another $200 off as Diamond C&A members.

image.jpg.e052eb3201a473b029bb0c30936941e9.jpg

Lots of Royal Caribbean bargains at the moment.

Shhh...

Don't tell DW BUT I've just put a 24 hour hold on 7 night to Tasmania on Radiance of Seas sailing on 18th Feb 2015, as a surprise for her Birthday.

The price on the invoice is $1541.20 not including gratuities for a balcony guarantee.

I'm hoping that I might get another $200 off as Diamond C&A members.

Probably done your dough with that date:D:eek::cool: