El Cheapo Cruises Thread

Hi, I need some help from you great cc ers

Just put a 24 hour hold on the 19 September 2016 11 night cruise Greek Isles and Turkey. Got a great price booked through celebrity site.

It shows me the price, shows traditional 6pm dining but when I get into the booking on my celebrity it shows i am on select dining and grats are added in.

We prefer traditional dining, and grats I pay with OBC as I will be using a FCC.

I plan to call them tomorrow morning but an curious and would like to know if I can avoid paying grats up front and therefore have a good nights sleep.

I've gone through other on line agencies a few showing available but past history tells me i am best to book direct when using a FCC.

Some great deals for Europe in 2016, but have you seen the prices for 2017!! :eek: They're crazy expensive. Not many itineraries out yet, but the Celebrity ones are super expensive. We want to go in May/June 2017 and have been waiting for the itineraries to be released but I think we'll have to wait till there are some specials (whenever that may be...)

Just put a 24 hour hold on the 19 September 2016 11 night cruise Greek Isles and Turkey. Got a great price booked through celebrity site.

It shows me the price, shows traditional 6pm dining but when I get into the booking on my celebrity it shows i am on select dining and grats are added in.

We prefer traditional dining, and grats I pay with OBC as I will be using a FCC.

I plan to call them tomorrow morning but an curious and would like to know if I can avoid paying grats up front and therefore have a good nights sleep.

I've gone through other on line agencies a few showing available but past history tells me i am best to book direct when using a FCC.

I have heard that X is trying to get people to book select to stop using obc for grats. Few people have complained that the traditional seating gone even so far in advance. Best to ring them.

Ship Name: Voyager Of The Seas

Cruise Code: VY27FEB16

Departure Date: Saturday, 27 February 2016

Cruise Name: South Pacific

Nights: 7

Departing: Sydney - Australia

From $471 pp inside guaranteed, $671 balcony guaranteed

RCI really cutting their pricing back. Must be struggling to fill the ships. Comes back to my theory about people choosing elsewhere because the currency is in AUD.

Edited by icat2000

The cruise I'm on 31/1 is back on sale. Booked my dad on his first cruise in a junior suite guarantee

My cabin ov was allocated deck 4 - 4005. Happy with that as it's at the very front forward. No one next to us on one side. Less neighbours to upset

RCI really cutting their pricing back. Must be struggling to fill the ships. Comes back to my theory about people choosing elsewhere because the currency is in AUD.

Plus their on board prices, for drinks etc, are high even before they are converted to AUD.

Ship Name:Voyager Of The Seas

Cruise Code:VY27FEB16

Departure Date:Saturday, 27 February 2016

Cruise Name:South Pacific

Nights:7

Departing:Sydney - Australia

From $471 pp inside guaranteed, $671 balcony guaranteed

If they can't fill the ships, why would they continue to sail there

The cruise I'm on 31/1 is back on sale. Booked my dad on his first cruise in a junior suite guarantee

My cabin ov was allocated deck 4 - 4005. Happy with that as it's at the very front forward. No one next to us on one side. Less neighbours to upset

I am also on Deck 4 not far away either!;)

If they can't fill the ships, why would they continue to sail there

They can fill them BUT they have had to sharpen their pencils and do some deep discounting to do so of late.

You know how it works coming from Florida. We are getting down to close to that $50 pp per day at times and balconies under $100 pp pd. Our prices shown on here generally include port charges/taxes.

Cant really see them shifting to elsewhere for a while as most places are having similar issues. Only possibility is shifting more ships to China as they can get top dollar there and sales seem solid.

Well I almost got a junior suite guarantee! Phoned RCL and they were happy for me to pay the difference from my original booking and I was happy to loose my $200 US OBC. joy lasted 20 minutes then I got an email saying sorry we can't do that now you booked the cruise on a previous ship and you can't make changes. Doesn't make good business sense, RCL would have been US$200 ahead and I would have been happy!

At least I'm on the ship!

Well I almost got a junior suite guarantee! Phoned RCL and they were happy for me to pay the difference from my original booking and I was happy to loose my $200 US OBC. joy lasted 20 minutes then I got an email saying sorry we can't do that now you booked the cruise on a previous ship and you can't make changes. Doesn't make good business sense, RCL would have been US$200 ahead and I would have been happy!

There policies really don't make sense. To me they are more likely to sell a lower level cabin last minute than a suite. Hence why not allow people to pay to upgrade, releasing lower & cheaper level inventory.

They can fill them BUT they have had to sharpen their pencils and do some deep discounting to do so of late.

You know how it works coming from Florida. We are getting down to close to that $50 pp per day at times and balconies under $100 pp pd. Our prices shown on here generally include port charges/taxes.

Cant really see them shifting to elsewhere for a while as most places are having similar issues. Only possibility is shifting more ships to China as they can get top dollar there and sales seem solid.

By law, advertised prices in Australia have to include port charges and taxes. Prices shown on American websites do not include these costs and it makes a very big difference.:)

I tried to, but without success. Happy to pay the extra $300pp to upgrade to a suite guarantee, but they would only allow me to book a JS for $600pp extra. Agree not great business sense.

You have no choice but to pay up front. After you pay you can change to fixed dining. It's all about getting the gratuities up front. You can get the deal with "free" gratuities and drink package.

Just saw a fabulous deal on a big Oz cruise site..

Pacific Princess

18 night Sydney to Hong Hong departing 12 Feb

Balcony BE - $1495 each (yes 1495... That is not a typo!,)

Plus $100 OBC

Killer deal!!!

I wish.

The ship that made us fall in love with cruising.

First year ive seen rcl really slash prices.

Big discounts on Rhapsody and a few others last year as well, hence why Rhapsody left.

Individual prices weren't as great as now, but we're getting bigger discounts than the US now so I'm not sure what's up... that won't last long.