What Are Current Canapes in Concierge Class?

helen haywood

Hey, its been a while since I've sailed CC. Trying to advise a friend who is booking on Silhouette. I thought I'd remembered reading that the canapes weren't as ambitious as in the past. Like cheese and crackers. I'm not talking about a suite...just Concierge Class. Can any recent cruisers tell me what they were.

I'd search but the engine is down.

I am pretty sure you receive the same canapes as suite guests. If this is the case, as of last year they changed the canapes to more of an upscale chip and dip plate. Some days is was a spoon of hummus, three olives and a few pita chips. Other days it was a mozz ball, cherry tomato and some pesto dip. Another some salsa and guac with tortilla chips. The food is served in a plate that has four sections each having a few bites of something or other. I preferred it to the former canapes which were unidentifiable and never eaten by us.

When we were on the Summit in June the concierge canapes were olives, a small amount of chips and hummus and I think some type of melon. Although I am not 100% sure on the melon. They were just okay and not really enough for 2 people. Just enough to make you really hungry! :)

I am pretty sure you receive the same canapes as suite guests. If this is the case, as of last year they changed the canapes to more of an upscale chip and dip plate. Some days is was a spoon of hummus, three olives and a few pita chips. Other days it was a mozz ball, cherry tomato and some pesto dip. Another some salsa and guac with tortilla chips. The food is served in a plate that has four sections each having a few bites of something or other. I preferred it to the former canapes which were unidentifiable and never eaten by us.

Having sailed both in concierge class and suites, I can tell you that they are not the same. The treats the butler brings around are far superior.

When we were on the Summit in June the concierge canapes were olives, a small amount of chips and hummus and I think some type of melon. Although I am not 100% sure on the melon. They were just okay and not really enough for 2 people. Just enough to make you really hungry! :)

We were on the Solstice in May and had an olive mix, a few pita chips, hummus and melon in Concierge class. We thought everything was tasty and that the presentation was simple yet nice. The amount was just enough to hit the spot.

I love olives, so I always ate those, but my BF and I always found the chips to be not that good. I'm not quite sure if they were soggy or stale. I'm thinking maybe they sat under the cover too long before they were delivered to us.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Forums mobile app

Having sailed both in concierge class and suites, I can tell you that they are not the same. The treats the butler brings around are far superior.

Nope, I pretty sure they are the same. I am not referring to the tea service which you also receive as a suite guest where you receive sweets and mini sandwiches. This is in addition to the new chip, dip, olive thing they have going on. CC and Suites get the latter. All the same.

Nope, I pretty sure they are the same. I am not referring to the tea service which you also receive as a suite guest where you receive sweets and mini sandwiches. This is in addition to the new chip, dip, olive thing they have going on. CC and Suites get the latter. All the same.

In a suite I've gotten shrimp cocktail, fancy cheese and cracker plate, and ceviche for the afternoon canapé's. As recent as April/May this year.

As well at a different time, they deliver the tea cart with sandwiches and deserts.

This is what we received in a Sky Suite on Reflection in January...

Likely then Sky Suites (Junior Suites as other cruise lines would call them) do get the same as concierge does.

Celebrity Suites and above probably get enhanced service.

I never got the 4 compartment dish although I've seen several others who did and have discussed it.

Likely then Sky Suites (Junior Suites as other cruise lines would call them) do get the same as concierge does.

Celebrity Suites and above probably get enhanced service.

I never got the 4 compartment dish although I've seen several others who did and have discussed it.

Interesting. I hope this is not true, but it looks like it might be.

CELEBRITY: If you are reading this thread, can you please shed some light? I would think you would advertise this as an enhanced amenity for upper suite if this really was the case. Please advise and thanks.

Looks pretty piddly. We did have a CC cabin quite some years ago and found most of the canapes very poor.

I may eat a few of these; DH won't.

I have a CC guarantee on the cruise we just booked; believe me, it wasn't for the canapes, but because the price was almost the same as a partially obstructed balcony.

This is what we received in a Sky Suite on Reflection in January...

Looks a lot better than the dried out & forelorn canapés we got on both our 2012 & 2013 cruises in Concierge... These I would eat, lol especially the olives !!

Maybe the change came about cause so much of the previous incarnation ended up in the trash

Cheers!