5000 cruise points

caanma

Just boarded Vision for 4 day trip. Super Mario will get to 5000 C&A points during the sailing. Large banners in atrium and some crew wearing 5000 pins. [ATTACH]322127[/ATTACH]

That's awesome... Congratulations to Super Mario!

He is a celebrity on RCCL. Hoping to one day cross paths with him. I have heard he is a great guy and is always up for very interesting conversation.

Edited by SnappyNappi

That's awesome... Congratulations to Super Mario!

He is a celebrity on RCCL. Hoping to one day cross paths with him. I have heard he is a great guy and is always up for very interesting conversation.

You are right about that. We met him on Allure in May last year when they posted a 4200 point banner for him at the welcome back party. He also had the cabin across from us in November on Legend. Great guy to chat with, very personable and down to earth.

14730880249_d48bdcc7d6_b.jpg

Edited by PCWalton1

According to the Cruise Compass 5000 points equals approximately 13.7 years or 715 sailing ( although most likely some sailing 1 night equal to more than 1 point).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You are right about that. We met him on Allure in May last year when they posted a 4200 point banner for him at the welcome back party. He also had the cabin across from us in November on Legend. Great guy to chat with, very personable and down to earth.

14730880249_d48bdcc7d6_b.jpg

He must live onboard. Even with getting double points that's still 400 days since last May.

Super Mario sails approximately 350 nights a year. I believe he started in 2000 or 2001. He has received double points along with other solo cruisers since October 2013. He has probably actually spent somewhere between 4,500 and 4,700 nights on board a RCCL ship. Great guy living his lifelong dream.

Edited by Royal2464

He must live onboard. Even with getting double points that's still 400 days since last May.

Since approximately November 2013 solo cruisers also get a bonus point.

For example

Solo in a balcony or lower category = 1 pt per night + 1 bonus point for solo per night

Solo in a JS or higher category = 2 pt per night + 1 bonus point for solo per night.

So since November he has been racking up 3 points per night if staying in a JS, which I understand he mostly stays in that category room.

By my math he COULD have accumulated an additional 1176 points since May 26 2013 if he sailed every night in a JS.

If he sailed every night since May 26 2013 in a regular cabin he would have only added 731 points, so not quite 5000.

It seems there is probably a mix of regular cabins, JS's, and a few weeks off the ship here and there.

That is a LOT of cruising. Does he has to muster each time?

Who the heck is SM and what has he done to get the points.

He works from home or I should say from ship. I have been on one cruise with Super Mario and he is so nice. If he is on board your sailing, they may announce it during the welcome back event. He is an RCI celebrity.

Since approximately November 2013 solo cruisers also get a bonus point.

For example

Solo in a balcony or lower category = 1 pt per night + 1 bonus point for solo per night

Solo in a JS or higher category = 2 pt per night + 1 bonus point for solo per night.

So since November he has been racking up 3 points per night if staying in a JS, which I understand he mostly stays in that category room.

By my math he COULD have accumulated an additional 1176 points since May 26 2013 if he sailed every night in a JS.

If he sailed every night since May 26 2013 in a regular cabin he would have only added 731 points, so not quite 5000.

It seems there is probably a mix of regular cabins, JS's, and a few weeks off the ship here and there.

That is a LOT of cruising. Does he has to muster each time?

He doesn't always sail alone. ;)

Congrats Mario!

Just boarded Vision for 4 day trip. Super Mario will get to 5000 C&A points during the sailing. Large banners in atrium and some crew wearing 5000 pins. [ATTACH]322127[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Alright. Good for mario.

I just left the Centrum, where Mario was introduced. Staff members lining the stairs, many ship photographers in strategic areas. The best part was the 5-piece brass band, playing "When the saints go marching in" as Mario arrived :D Looks like this will be a fun cruise with lots of little extra events.

Edited by ZoeyVictoria

If i ever make it to retirement i would want to live on the ship 2 months at least during the winter. I hate FEbruary to March :D

Great plan... who wants to live on land, even somewhere warm, when you can live on a cruise ship. I vote for retirement on a cruise-ship!