Celebrity Press Release 8/14/14 - Onboard Bookings

Andy

Can I do this?

1- Book next years cruise during my upcoming cruise.

2- Pay $500 deposit for next years cruise.

3- Get $500 OBC for this cruise.

4- Purchase Premium Beverage Package on the ship during this cruise.

5- Use my $500 OBC to pay down my Premium Beverage Package on this cruise.

Thanks,

MrJulius

Sounds like you are referring to the new Instant OBC Program?

1 - That works

2 - Deposit is the same as the OBC schedule and is determined by category of stateroom, length of sailing, and destination. In order to get $500 instant OBC with your $500 deposit, you would need to be booking a 16+ night cruise and in a Royal, Celebrity, Reflection or Penthouse suite.

3 - See #2

4 - You could automatically choose the Classic Beverage Package, which would be included with your booking at N/C. If you wanted to upgrade to Premium right then and there, I think you would have to discuss that with the future cruise agent you are speaking with. Not sure if you can do it then.

5 - See #4

I hope I understood (by my responses) what you were asking. :)

Edited by gimletgal

Can I do this?

1- Book next years cruise during my upcoming cruise.

2- Pay $500 deposit for next years cruise.

3- Get $500 OBC for this cruise.

4- Purchase Premium Beverage Package on the ship during this cruise.

5- Use my $500 OBC to pay down my Premium Beverage Package on this cruise.

Thanks,

MrJulius

Yes as I read the rules providing you book a suite on a cruise 16 nights or longer.

Edited by maxsales

Hi Andy:

I just called Captain's Club, as I have a Cruise Now booking that I made on board the Solstice in May. I now want to transfer it to a 14-night Mediterranean cruise in October. I am looking at booking an inside cabin at a Loyalty price, and I was told the 123 perk is not portable to that cruise, but that the OBC is. However, the amount of OBC that she quoted me is half of what I remember it being, which is why I'm looking for the flyer that breaks down the available OBC.

Thanks for your help, as always. I just thought I would pass on my experience.

Bummer! Am I reading this correctly -- if I book with Cruise Now and take the 123go Shipboard Offer and later change the booking to another ship or sail date, I would lose the 123 perk? I'm trying to understand this as we sail in less than 2 weeks & this option looked good until I read this post. Thanks

Bummer! Am I reading this correctly -- if I book with Cruise Now and take the 123go Shipboard Offer and later change the booking to another ship or sail date, I would lose the 123 perk? I'm trying to understand this as we sail in less than 2 weeks & this option looked good until I read this post. Thanks

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14037573_CEL_Cruise_Now_Form_Future_Cruise.pdf

The flyer states it's transferable. We booked onboard in April and then switched our cruise when we got home. Drink package stayed. It did take a call to the captains club though as this was new to the agents

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14037573_CEL_Cruise_Now_Form_Future_Cruise.pdf

The flyer states it's transferable. We booked onboard in April and then switched our cruise when we got home. Drink package stayed. It did take a call to the captains club though as this was new to the agents

Thank you. It really helps to know that you were able to do it.

The only thing different to me since we had this program on the Constellation in May is the following.

“We want our guests to have a fantastic vacation and by booking a future cruise onboard, they can decide when they would like to receive their onboard credit - now or later - it’s up to them," said Dondra Ritzenthaler, SVP, Sales, Trade Support and Services, Celebrity Cruises.

It was not up to us then. :rolleyes: We had to spend on that current cruise, and did end up getting the remainder back on our CC. But we have no OBC due us for the cruise that we booked onboard. :(

Everything sounds good on this new onboard promo and I don't (now) see any reason to not like it.

I wonder why the "EVERGREEN" added to the 123 Go? What does that stand for? How about EVERSEA or EVERBLUE. :rolleyes:

What I would like to know is how this program is going to work if we want to book a Celebrity cruise while onboard a RCCL cruise. :confused:

If anyone from Celebrity is reading this, can you advise? :)

The only thing different to me since we had this program on the Constellation in May is the following.

“We want our guests to have a fantastic vacation and by booking a future cruise onboard, they can decide when they would like to receive their onboard credit - now or later - it’s up to them," said Dondra Ritzenthaler, SVP, Sales, Trade Support and Services, Celebrity Cruises.

It was not up to us then. :rolleyes: We had to spend on that current cruise, and did end up getting the remainder back on our CC. But we have no OBC due us for the cruise that we booked onboard. :(

Everything sounds good on this new onboard promo and I don't (now) see any reason to not like it.

I wonder why the "EVERGREEN" added to the 123 Go? What does that stand for? How about EVERSEA or EVERBLUE. :rolleyes:

What I would like to know is how this program is going to work if we want to book a Celebrity cruise while onboard a RCCL cruise. :confused:

If anyone from Celebrity is reading this, can you advise? :)

http://ezinearticles.com/?What-is-an-Evergreen-Product?&id=4507608

I think this is what Celebrity mean by "evergreen"

So glad they amended it to choose now or later for the obc. We booked 2 whilst on the silhouette in june and they added it to the present cruise, we would have preferred to have had it on the booked cruises

you could have. Just take the refund to your credit card for the unused OBC on the present cruise. Then you could purchase OBC through Celebrity gifts for your future cruise.

Now you OBC on your future cruise!:)

Counter point. We only book on board, extra OBC plus reduced deposit combinable with an additional perk. What's not to love? :):)

Hi Neil,

I stumbled onto this forum earlier today which caught my interest. But I just began reading this forum.

So far, it sounds good, especially the combinable additional perk.

See you later on the Constellation at least.

Bobby

Have not really kept up with X's onboarding booking program, see lots of changes. We did the opening booking arrangement in the past.

Wondering with the new program can we:

1. Can be still purchase an open booking for our selves?

2. If we book while on board, can we book directly with X and not have the booking transferred to our TA?

We prefer to control our own booking until the time of final payment, that way if we change our mind - we don't owe the TA a fee.

Have not really kept up with X's onboarding booking program, see lots of changes. We did the opening booking arrangement in the past.

2. If we book while on board, can we book directly with X and not have the booking transferred to our TA?

We prefer to control our own booking until the time of final payment, that way if we change our mind - we don't owe the TA a fee.

You only have 60 days from booking to transfer to a TA

You only have 60 days from booking to transfer to a TA

Thanks well that clarifies -- appreciate your info. I guess I forget this limitation on X. I know the last time we did not purchase an opening booking while on board X.

We cruise Princess and HAL which allows transfers to a TA at time of final payment which we usually do. Being retired, we change our minds sometimes on which cruise we want to do. Like the flexibility.

We cruise Princess and HAL which allows transfers to a TA at time of final payment which we usually do. Being retired, we change our minds sometimes on which cruise we want to do. Like the flexibility.

You can still change the cruise. Just have to go through the TA. (That's what they're there for!)

Yes as I read the rules providing you book a suite on a cruise 16 nights or longer.

gimletgal & maxsales,

Thanks for the replies.

I was thinking that I could "volunteer" a higher deposit on a 7 night sailing.

Oh well, nice try I guess. :)

MrJulius

Hi Neil,

I stumbled onto this forum earlier today which caught my interest. But I just began reading this forum.

So far, it sounds good, especially the combinable additional perk.

See you later on the Constellation at least.

Bobby

Hey Bobby, funny meeting you here. I know a sharp cruiser like you is a book on board kinda guy. Really no downside. With a nice extra perk included!

You only have sixty days from the date booking is made to transfer to a TA.

• 2 weeks later...
So glad they amended it to choose now or later for the obc. We booked 2 whilst on the silhouette in june and they added it to the present cruise, we would have preferred to have had it on the booked cruises

Hi,

We are on a Transatlantic in October and do not have a Bev. Pkg. (boo hoo). Can we book 2 future cruises and pay the deposits and take the OBCs on the current cruise or is there a limit of one? Thanks.

Thanks for the information. The details you have provided appear specific to your North American guests?

Can we please have, for me - UK terms, and for others such as the other European countries, Australia etc. their specific terms?

Did anyone ever find out whether UK cruisers can take advantage of this offer ? We seem to get so little offers over this side of the pond compared to the US - it's frustrating to see promos like this and not be able to use them :mad: