Would you rather...

theriac

Just doing a survey of what people would rather do. Would you rather go on one 7-8 night cruise or spread them out and go on two 4-5 night cruises. If itinerary wasn't an issue to you which would you prefer to do? One decent length vacation, or two shorter cruises?

Just doing a survey of what people would rather do. Would you rather go on one 7-8 night cruise or spread them out and go on two 4-5 night cruises. If itinerary wasn't an issue to you which would you prefer to do? One decent length vacation, or two shorter cruises?

I'd rather take one longer vacation. While I have done the shorter 4-5 day cruises many times, I also combine those with land vacations around the embarkation port and/or driving time from MI when we don't fly or when that is what fits into our time off. I do find the 7-8 day cruises more relaxing all around.

How about two long cruises? :)

Seriously, we are doing 2 short cruises this year, but it's out of necessity. I'd prefer to do a longer cruise, simply because you have a better variety of ports to visit. The short cruises usually sail to the same exact ports over and over. You can only do Nassau and Cozumel so many times.

one longer cruise. even with having 2 shorter cruises, that 4-5 day just isnt long enough for me for 1 cruise! :)

I agree. It takes 7 days to feel like I've been on board long enough.

I do occasional shorter cruises sometimes with other people to fit in their schedule, or if longer time is planned in the port city around the cruise.

I only ask because I live in florida and am about 30 minutes from the port of tampa, 2 hours from port canaveral, and 4 hours from MIA and FLL so its easy to get to ports, if I had to fly to a port or drive for a long time I would definitely take the longer cruise

Seriously, we are doing 2 short cruises this year, but it's out of necessity. I'd prefer to do a longer cruise, simply because you have a better variety of ports to visit. The short cruises usually sail to the same exact ports over and over. You can only do Nassau and Cozumel so many times.

so true!! we just got off our 7 day and my DH, who was a first time cruiser, is hooked and i tried to get him on a 4 day to cozumel for our anniversary in December. we went to cozumel on our 7 day and he said he didnt want to go back. which, i dont blame him, cause it would make my 4th time to Cozumel. but i told him we didnt have to get off the ship! its just the fact of another cruise for us! LoL

I'd rather do the 7-8 day cruise. The shortest cruise I've ever taken was a 5-day (twice) and that seemed too short. I'm not interested in going even shorter, to a 4-day. My preferred cruise length is currently 10-day (probably because that's the longest I've done, so far:D). Now, my answer might change if the two 4-5 night cruises were a B2B. That would feel about long enough.

My first cruise was a 5-day, and I thought I was just getting use to the being on a cruise feeling, when it was over and time to pack. We have been on mostly 8 and 7 day cruises ever since. I prefer a longer cruise to a shorter one, unless the shorter cruise was a B2B on the same ship.

I prefer 7 days...I hope to take longer cruises in the future. The 4 to 5 day are just not long enough to get into the cruise groove before you get off. However I will fit a 5 day in if the price and timing are right for quick get away.

The longer the better. I'll take two 4's if their b2bs. Or a 4 and a 5, or a 5 and a 7. Yep, the longer the better.

I love longer cruises. And I used to say that I wouldn't get on another short one again because the cost of a short one for me is comparable to a long one. We currently are booked on a 7 night in November.

But I have gone against my own word. I am booking a quick 5 night getaway in September just because I need some time away before November gets here. This will make the third time on this itinerary but I don't care. I just need to see water rolling by and feel the sway of the boat. And will be nice to have someone take care of me for a few days

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Msbabynurse

I like both. We can drive to the port in Galveston, so I like to do a quick 4 day when the prices drop at the end of summer. Then we usually take a 7 day in the fall. It makes a big difference when you can drive to the port.

Exactly what I was going to say ~ definitely would like 2 long cruises a year :D I only just discovered my love and addiction to cruising in '05...so I'm greedy and wish I could take 2 long ones every year, maybe someday! I took an 8 day in May and a 4 day beginning of June this year, the 4 day just wasn't long enough!