Rci transfer from ship to airport in barcelona

shofer

We are doing a Mediterranean RT Barcelona next May and would like to purchase a transfer from the ship to the airport just to facilitate our noon flight home.

Does RCI offer this? I can't seem to find it on their website.

Sue

We are doing a Mediterranean RT Barcelona next May and would like to purchase a transfer from the ship to the airport just to facilitate our noon flight home.

Sue

From memory and previous experience they only appear to offer them once on board and if I remember correctly they are only available for flights that depart after a certain time. I'll see how they do it in October when I'm on board as we have a 12:20 flight home, but to be honest we found a taxi far more convenient, faster and cheaper. Edited by peteukmcr

Yes they do. But not suited for your needs.

This for next month :

Your cruise may be ending, but the Wows won't on this guided sightseeing drive that ends at the airport. Travel by motorcoach along Passeig de Gracia boulevard past the surreal creations of architect Antoni Gaudi. Marvel at the sculpted figures, stained glass windows, and ornate spires of Sagrada Familia Church. Then walk through the medieval interior of 13th-century St. Eulalia's Cathedral. After a photo stop at Mirador del Alcalde lookout, you'll arrive at your terminal.

4 hrs

£32 adult £20 child

Sue

All I can find is an FAQ to contact reservations:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=2667&faqSubjectId=318&faqSubjectName=Ports+of+Departure&faqType=faq

This for next month :

Your cruise may be ending, but the Wows won't on this guided sightseeing drive that ends at the airport. Travel by motorcoach along Passeig de Gracia boulevard past the surreal creations of architect Antoni Gaudi. Marvel at the sculpted figures, stained glass windows, and ornate spires of Sagrada Familia Church. Then walk through the medieval interior of 13th-century St. Eulalia's Cathedral. After a photo stop at Mirador del Alcalde lookout, you'll arrive at your terminal.

4 hrs

£32 adult £20 child

Linda, isn't this excursion offered for those that have a flight departing after 3PM?

For earlier flights, they must have transfers from ship to airport that can be purchased directly on the ship.

On our recent cruise we got their airport transfer. Purchased it once on board, they advertised it over many days in the compass. It cost $31.50 each. When purchasing you fill out a form with your flight details. Our flight was at 10.45 and we had luggage tag number four. We were in the airport well before 8a.m so they allow plenty of time.

Catherine :)

Hi,

I would honestly go for a taxi. We have done it many times. Cheaper and faster. The shortest wait we have had for a taxi in Barcelona is 2min, longest 30mins. Airport is only around 20 mins away on the motorway.

If I remember it is around €25. We actually shared it with another couple so divided by 4 it was cheaper.

Steven

As previously mentioned, it's more convenient, faster and cheaper to take a taxi.

The taxi rank is just outside the cruise terminal and there is a constant stream of cabs available. Approximate cost for 2 people and 2 suitcases should be no more than 40 euros. Take any hand luggage into the cab to minimise surcharges. Journey time ranges between 15 to 30 minutes depending on traffic conditions.

Ps. Remember to specify which terminal your flight departs from

Edited by C U Onboard

This for next month :

4 hrs

£32 adult £20 child

Thanks for the info but we are going to be in Barcelona a few days early so will be doing a tour prior to boarding. We have a 11:45 AM flight so may not quality.

Sue

Thanks for the info but we are going to be in Barcelona a few days early so will be doing a tour prior to boarding. We have a 11:45 AM flight so may not quality.

Sue

I'm using a company called http://www.resorthoppa.com to get me to Barcelona cruise port from the airport. I'm actually disembarking in Rotterdam. There will be plenty of taxis at the port. I'll see what I can find out next month for you if you want with regards to a straightforward RCL shuttle (am on a B2B)

I'm using a company called http://www.resorthoppa.com to get me to Barcelona cruise port from the airport. I'm actually disembarking in Rotterdam. There will be plenty of taxis at the port. I'll see what I can find out next month for you if you want with regards to a straightforward RCL shuttle (am on a B2B)

Thanks, I'll be looking for your response next month.

Sue

As previously mentioned, it's more convenient, faster and cheaper to take a taxi.

The taxi rank is just outside the cruise terminal and there is a constant stream of cabs available. Approximate cost for 2 people and 2 suitcases should be no more than 40 euros. Take any hand luggage into the cab to minimise surcharges. Journey time ranges between 15 to 30 minutes depending on traffic conditions.

Ps. Remember to specify which terminal your flight departs from

Absolutely! I made the mistake of booking Barcelona Day Tours to pick us up at the pier for transport to the airport. It was a waste of time and $$

Our driver was late, had a bit of an attitude when he saw we had 3 suitcases and 3 carry ons for 3 people. :( Not sure what the fuss was about as we reserved the car informing them of our requirements at time of booking. We could have easily jumped in a cab for less money and no wait time.

Don't get me wrong, they are a good company as we had a great experience when we arrived in Barcelona and arranged for a driver at the airport for a 4 hour tour prior to checking into our hotel. We will utilize their services again but not for transport to the airport.

We were on celebrity equinox blast year out of Barcelona. When we returned we simply got in a taxi to the airport. I think it was 30 Euros for 2 people and 4 bags. Very easy and convenient and much cheaper than what was offered on board.