Pre Cruise Hotel in Fort Lauderdale for Family

Hello

Im looking for advice where to stay in Fort Lauderdale on Nov 29, 2014 for a family of 4.

We are going on Oasis on Sat the 30th . I prefer to be on the beach so the kids can play in the ocean. If i could get a continental breakfast and option for a shuttle to the pier that would be the ultimate.

Thank you in advance.

Carnival Glory 2007

RC Freedom of the Seas 2013

Carnival Breeze 2014

RC Grandeur of the Seas 2014

RC Oasis of the Seas ..... coming 2014

We always stay at Embassy Suites in Fort Lauderdale. A great breakfast is included and the rooms are large enough for a family to spread out. The kids get their own television in the separate living room. There is a supermarket next door and family friendly restaurants nearby.

Beachfront hotels don't have free breakfast and shuttles. These are just off the beach and have free breakfast:

Alhambra Resort

Best Western Oceanside

The W has "The Acura Experience"...you could call the Acura concierge and ask if they will take your family to the port upon checkout...they also have packages that include breakfast.

Hello

Im looking for advice where to stay in Fort Lauderdale on Nov 29, 2014 for a family of 4.

We are going on Oasis on Sat the 30th . I prefer to be on the beach so the kids can play in the ocean. If i could get a continental breakfast and option for a shuttle to the pier that would be the ultimate.

Thank you in advance.

Carnival Glory 2007

RC Freedom of the Seas 2013

Carnival Breeze 2014

RC Grandeur of the Seas 2014

RC Oasis of the Seas ..... coming 2014

I'm on your cruise too but I won't be seeing you on the ship if you board on the 30th.:eek:

Seeya on the ship. If you see me say hi. I'll be the guy with the hat on.:)

Bill

I'm on your cruise too but I won't be seeing you on the ship if you board on the 30th.:eek:

Seeya on the ship. If you see me say hi. I'll be the guy with the hat on.:)

Bill

Good catch! I saw the dates mentioned and thought they meant Allure.

OP, you better get a room for the 28th cuz you are sailing on the 29th with Oasis.

Good catch! I saw the dates mentioned and thought they meant Allure.

OP, you better get a room for the 28th cuz you are sailing on the 29th with Oasis.

The only reason i caught it was because I'm on that sailing. I too thought maybe she was on the Allure but the countdown ticker says Oasis.:)

Bill

We stayed at the Hollywood Beach Marriott before our spring break Oasis cruise. It is on the south side of the port so cab fare was a little higher to airport and cruise port. Hollywood Beach is a great beach with a boardwalk and very family friendly. Have also stayed on Fort Lauderdale Beach at the Courtyard, but with kids Hollywood Beach can't be beat. Unsure if they offer a breakfast package.

Put me down for another vote for Embassy, we have always had a wonderful time there and it will be full of cruisers. Meet some new friends before getting on! If you go out very early in the morning and go to the correct side of the building, you can see the ship docked in the dark.

Lots of places to get last minute items close and a wine store next door. Breakfast is very good, ready to eat and fresh made omelets. We do the room with transportation rate and have always been on the ship at a decent time with no hassles. They have a great pool and plenty of room-even with a nearly full hotel.

Enjoy you trip!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stayed at the Embassy a couple of times before. Last time we were there someone got sick in the glass elevator.

We went to the front desk and reported it but it remained there uncleaned.

Whenever we went to use the elevator we had to wait for the other one to come.

With that being said i had booked the Embassy suites for our cruise in November but wound up canceling it and booking the Hyatt House in Dania.

Bill