123 go and reimbursement for prepaid tips..

I Love NC

Even though I don't like NC...:) Check your statement, you will likely see a charge for grats, then below that, the same amount subtracted. In this way you will have never paid for it in the first place. This was how it was displayed on my statement. Others may be different.

We choose the gratuities on one of our upcoming cruises. Our original booking invoice showed the charge for the gratuities. It took about 2 days for the credit to show on line. Unless you booked after final payment you should not have to pay the gratuities and wait for a credit.

Mary Lou

We always opt for select dining and prepay our gratuities...but we almost always book through a TA, although recently, we booked through Celebrity. We have to prepay the gratuities, even when they are included as a free perk. When prepaid, we always get the gratuities back as refundable OBC. If not used while on the cruise, it will automatically go back onto your credit card. We've done this several times and usually try to use all our shipboard credit but sometimes we fall short of using it and the refundable kind is actually refunded to you. They automatically pull from your non-refundable OBC first. The purser will be able to tell you how much refundable and how much non-refundable OBC you have for that cruise.

We booked a Mediterranean wine cruise on the Reflection with one of the Big Box Stores. We did not know about the 123 Go Promotion at the time and were told the drink package was included. We booked Aqua Class and selected the anytime dining option. This option had us prepay the gratuities which seemed okay. ThenI looked at the invoice and discovered gratuities were also included. Come to find out, the travel agency selected gratuities and the beverage package for us.

It looks like we are out of luck since the invoice was calculated with the gratuities. We won't end up getting the gratuties for free now since they are already on the invoice. This is an expensive lesson learned on my part that won't ever happen again.

Thank you everyone.

WestLakeGirl: We paid the deposit AND the tips at the time of booking. Final Payment is approx. Sept. 15, 2014 for Dec. 2014 sail. Tips are a part of the 123 promo. Our TA wasn't sure, but thinks it shows up as a credit to our credit card prior to sail.

I am just CURIOUS~~

We booked a Mediterranean wine cruise on the Reflection with one of the Big Box Stores. We did not know about the 123 Go Promotion at the time and were told the drink package was included. We booked Aqua Class and selected the anytime dining option. This option had us prepay the gratuities which seemed okay. ThenI looked at the invoice and discovered gratuities were also included. Come to find out, the travel agency selected gratuities and the beverage package for us.

It looks like we are out of luck since the invoice was calculated with the gratuities. We won't end up getting the gratuties for free now since they are already on the invoice. This is an expensive lesson learned on my part that won't ever happen again.

Since Aqua Class includes always the Blu dining - good tip is to select early or late seating - so gratuities don't have to be paid before the cruise. We also booked European cruise and chose Beverage package and Free gratuities and selecting early seating didn't have to pay those in advance.

I think you will get the free gratuities anyway and also the prepaid ones. You have paid gratuities before hand so you will get it as OBC to your onboard account. I think you should call Celebrity and ask about it - and if not, you could change the prepaid gratuity perk to onboard credit - which was one perk selectable in 123 Go campaign. And if situation is still the same when you travel, then you should visit guest relations with all documentation.

Edited by JezzaC

I think there's an issue that Celebrity invoices don't clue into the fact that you have select dining so they still show up on the invoices. I "Think" they can be overridden with a phone call from your TA to Celebrity and they'll manually adjust it. I have over $300 in gratuities showing on my invoice too for next year even though I've picked free drink package and gratuities.