Room Service new Fees

planb

I heard the Princess has and will be charging $3.00 for room service and $10.00 for pizza delivery . Anyone else hear this? I guess they are saying the Regal does it now and it will move to all other ships. HUMMM that was one of the perks that brought us to princess but will be really disappointed if we have to miss the morning danish and such.

I heard the Princess has and will be charging $3.00 for room service and $10.00 for pizza delivery . Anyone else hear this? I guess they are saying the Regal does it now and it will move to all other ships. HUMMM that was one of the perks that brought us to princess but will be really disappointed if we have to miss the morning danish and such.

Are you sure this is $10 for pizza delivery and not $10 to eat pizza in Alfredo's ?

Keep reading. This was tried several weeks ago, complaints were HUGE. Princess stopped it.

No recent posts saying it has started again.

Edited by thinfool

You just might have started a rumor - Princess stopped the $10 Alfredo's charge on the Regal, and charges $3 for room service pizza delivery, but there has been no discussion of other charges that has surfaced, just disembarked Caribbean Princess after 14 days and no rumors circulating whatsoever.

As I'm new to Princess, I'm pleasantly surprised to find out by this thread that Princess doesn't charge a room service fee - other than the $3 pizza delivery to cabin.

At least two other cruise lines charge a room service fee after a certain time of day, so figured Princess would also. The $3 pizza delivery to cabin fee is cheaper than NCL's fee of $5.

Keep reading. This was tried several weeks ago, complaints were HUGE. Princess stopped it.
The extra charges on the Regal lasted only a few days. They were introduced during a cruise and rescinded less than five days later on the same cruise. Room service orders dropped to almost nothing as did use of Alfredo's.

I have no doubt that some charges will be introduced in the future but Princess will be more open and give advance notice. Since Princess' room service menu is so limited compared to other lines and it'll be a hard sell to get people to pay for just a few items. For the expanded Alfredo's on the Royal and Regal, I can understand the up charge better. I can't for Alfredo's on other ships.

As always, follow the money and vote with your $$$.

For the expanded Alfredo's on the Royal and Regal, I can understand the up charge better. I can't for Alfredo's on other ships.

From all I read the Alfredo's $10 charge was for the food and wine. Within the discussion were comments regarding those that don't drink wine or any alcohol, have purchased the soda sticker, the all inclusive beverage pkg, or have a coffee card. The entire concept didn't seem to be well thought out.

From all I read the Alfredo's $10 charge was for the food and wine. Within the discussion were comments regarding those that don't drink wine or any alcohol, have purchased the soda sticker, the all inclusive beverage pkg, or have a coffee card. The entire concept didn't seem to be well thought out.

So with the $10 you got free wine?

Maybe it's better when people have "heard" something, that they link to the thread where they "heard" it or the email from Princess that has that info. It's something else if you've returned from a cruise and want to report on something that's new that you don't recall hearing about previously.

Maybe it's better when people have "heard" something' date=' that they link to the thread where they "heard" it or the email from Princess that has that info. It's something else if you've returned from a cruise and want to report on something that's new that you don't recall hearing about previously.[/quote']

Huh? :eek:

Maybe it's better when people have "heard" something' date=' that they link to the thread where they "heard" it or the email from Princess that has that info. It's something else if you've returned from a cruise and want to report on something that's new that you don't recall hearing about previously.[/quote']

But if you have a reference, people won't have a reason to get all panicky...........makes way too much sense.

So with the $10 you got free wine?
Yes. Not sure if it was pro-rated if you didn't drink wine.

I agree that it was very poorly thought out and implemented. Very amateurish that felt like it had been done by summer interns than an executive. Kind of, "Send it up the flagpole and see if it sticks."

I agree that it was very poorly thought out and implemented. Very amateurish that felt like it had been done by summer interns than an executive. Kind of, "Send it up the flagpole and see if it sticks."

And from the looks of this thread, the story lives on. Pam, wouldn't that be "Throw it at the wall and see if it flies"? LOL!;):):D:

Some lines charge after 1 or 2 in the morning - I can see that, the kitchen would like to close to clean and get ready for the day ahead.

But for breakfast when you have a port, and want to eat in your room and go - no, cannot see passengers letting that fly without a lot of complaint!