Price rise in hours

Redrobo

checked prices on line this morning in preparation of booking with TA this pm. In just over 3 hours the price has gone up by £136.00. Do prices fluctuate so often?

Think the TA can get the price I saw this morning?

Prices sometimes change as you are going through the booking! I have learnt not to go out for a few minutes and ask the husband's opinion! Come back and it has gone up ....:eek:

You like it, put a hold on it and that costs nothing for 24 hours. Although I have heard people say the price has changed even then, so screen shots if possible. The web site has a lot happening in the background it seems. Be quick and be decisive!

We have also gone through and put the $800 deposit on, and then couldn't go ahead due to work reasons, so cancelled and the refund was back before the bill was due (about 4 days). As long as you are outside the penalty timeframe.

checked prices on line this morning in preparation of booking with TA this pm. In just over 3 hours the price has gone up by £136.00. Do prices fluctuate so often?

They must have started another sale.

Thanks for the replies, all booked now at the slightly higher price. It was due to the all inclusive package, I included my C&A number in the first attempt and didn't on the second. The lower price with my C &A didn't include the free all inclusive as they cannot combine C&A discount. the all inclusive also has the pre paid gratuities, but I had to pay them only to have them taken off in a few weeks time. I'm sure they know what they are doing.:)

So often as what? How long had the original price you saw been in effect? 3 hours? days? weeks? months? You can't assume that the price changes every 3 hours just because you checked the price and it was different 3 hours later. If I look out at a streetlamp shortly before dusk and it's not lit, and I look back 10 minutes later and see that it is on, should I assume that the light switches on and off every 10 minutes? :p

I put a courtesy hold on a reservation and then immediately called Royal to book the cruise. Within 5 minutes the cruise fare went up $50 pp. I was still able to get the price that was on the courtesy hold.

That's good I don't think it works like that this side of the pond, but I stand to be corrected.

I had this exact situation last Saturday. The price went down to start the day and held through the late afternoon. At 6 PM the price went back up to Friday's pricing. I was fortunate enough to catch the price change and book at the lower price.