Which cruise would you choose?

Well I had narrowed down to three possible cruises for 2015 during the first BOGOHO sale. After the sale, Royal's prices went through the roof so I decided to wait a little bit to see what the prices do. Well I now have two different options, both good for different reasons. Prices are within a couple hundred dollars of each other once you factor in airfare/hotels. Which one would you choose?

1. 7 Night Quantum OTS Bahamas

Port Canaveral, Nassau, CocoCay. RT Cape Liberty

Pros: New Ship, No Flying, never sailed from NJ, Indoor pool when leaving NJ in March, looks to be good entertainment

Cons: So-so ports, short port times, cold leaving from NJ in March

2. 7 Night Vision OTS Western Caribbean

Cozumel, Costa Maya, Belize, Roatan. RT Tampa

Pros: Good Ports-have never been to Costa Maya or Roatan, Never sailed from Tampa

Cons: Small ship, have read lots of negativity about the Vision

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Neither of the itineraries appeal to me, I love the Vision class ships. But .....

I'd do the new Quantum of the Seas to experience the new ship! 3 sea days, and I probably stay on board in Nassau.

Aloha,

John

That is a really hard choice. I would go with #1 because it is a new ship. I like the ports, although you risk missing CoCo Cay if the seas are rough. More relaxed departure, no trying to make flights, just a leisurely drive to the port.

Tampa is a great port to sail from, but I would still like to sail on the Quantum.

Neither of the itineraries appeal to me, I love the Vision class ships. But .....

I'd do the new Quantum of the Seas to experience the new ship! 3 sea days, and I probably stay on board in Nassau.

Aloha,

John

I was a little worried about the amount of sea days, but with a new ship with so much to do, I don't think I would have to worry about it. We are not fans of Nassau, however we would probably book a snorkel/catamaran kind of excursion because that is always fun! :)

We have been out of NJ once , in May, to Bermuda. It was a little cool a few days. Didn't get to enjoy the pool and being outside on the ship as much as other cruises. Although, not having to fly is a big plus for me. We love the Oasis class of ships , so I imagine the Quantum will be just as great if not better. We like the Caribbean better than the Bahamas and it is usually warmer too. It would def. be a hard decision. Good luck!

Sailing from NJ in March means roughly 3 days out of the 7 (assuming 1.5 days each way) will be spent in cold weather. I'd do Tampa because when I cruise, I have an expectation of warm weather. Packing would be harder too. Cold weather, then mild weather, then warm, and back again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sailing from NJ in March means roughly 3 days out of the 7 (assuming 1.5 days each way) will be spent in cold weather. I'd do Tampa because when I cruise, I have an expectation of warm weather. Packing would be harder too. Cold weather, then mild weather, then warm, and back again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I usually wouldn't even consider a cruise from NJ in March, but Quantum is an exception. I really want to try this new ship.

I'm not as much worried about the cold, because we just completed an Alaska cruise and enjoyed sitting inside in the lounges watching the scenery (I know we won't have scenery on this cruise, but I think you got my point) ;) It would be a unique cruise for us.

Not crazy about the itineraries either but I would go definitely go with Quantum, it's a new ship, the ship to me is the destination. She's made for cold weather and you don't have to fly. By the second sea day, weather is good and people are in the pool. And they are building a new terminal in Bayonne for her.

Which one would you choose?

1. 7 Night Quantum OTS Bahamas

2. 7 Night Vision OTS Western Caribbean

Cons: Small ship, have read lots of negativity about the Vision

If you are energetic and looking for a ton of things to do on board, with the highest technology and shows, brand new dinner venues/menus, new shows, and excitement every day, I would 100% go for Quantum if the price point is through the roof. The itinerary is horrible imho.

If you want a relaxing cruise, less "to-do's" on board but full 7 days of heat and sun leaving from Tampa, excellent itinerary with plenty of good excursions on a great ship then choose Vision. I really liked this ship and crew.

For me personally, it took me 1.2 milliseconds to choose Quantum... you would be one of the very few able to sail her before she goes to China for a very long time imo. Vision you can get on her anytime in the future and that itinerary & ports are visited by a great many ships and cruise lines... you'll be able to do another day.

Whichever you choose, have a great cruise! :D

If you are energetic and looking for a ton of things to do on board, with the highest technology and shows, brand new dinner venues/menus, new shows, and excitement every day, I would 100% go for Quantum if the price point is through the roof. The itinerary is horrible imho.

If you want a relaxing cruise, less "to-do's" on board but full 7 days of heat and sun leaving from Tampa, excellent itinerary with plenty of good excursions on a great ship then choose Vision. I really liked this ship and crew.

For me personally, it took me 1.2 milliseconds to choose Quantum... you would be one of the very few able to sail her before she goes to China for a very long time imo. Vision you can get on her anytime in the future and that itinerary & ports are visited by a great many ships and cruise lines... you'll be able to do another day.

Whichever you choose, have a great cruise! :D

Sailing Quantum before she goes to China is one of the main reasons for considering this cruise. I've never sailed on a ship less than a year old and figured this would be a great opportunity. My thoughts exactly about the Vision itinerary, plus I have already sailed on vision. I'm thinking I have a decision made.

New ship and no flying are major bonuses. Yes the itinerary is boring and you are going to be in cold weather, but it's a new ship. The Quantum will be on the east coast for a limited time. I felt that way about eastern and western itineraries on the Allure; the ship is the destination. I would love to be on the Quantum, but due to severe illness with a family member we cannot risk being away for that long.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

In most cases the ship is the destination. For most of us at least :D

Quantum would definitely be a cruise for the ship! Last year we did a cruise for the destination (Alaska) so I think we want a mega-ship this year :D

Well the ideal Quantum cruise would be the longer ones all the way down to the Caribbean, but we can't miss work/school that long...

Absolutely Quantum. I agree itinerary is not the greatest, but the experience of a totally new class of ship with no flying far outweighs the lackluster itinerary, which is why I'm sailing Breakaway in October. :)

Edited by yj2cute