Which cruise would you choose?

We would definitely go with cruise # 2. We would never sail out of NY/NJ, don't care what the ship is ! What are you doing in Port Canaveral ? Probably take a trip up to Orlando, and see Disney or Universal. If you are in Tampa, you can make the drive over. Forget about stopping at Coco Cay, the ocean will be to choppy to stop, so that will be a cruise day, and you aren't at Nassau long enough to enjoy it ! Sorry for the negative post but # 2 sounds better.

Ok... Why do you say CocoCay is definitely a sea day? I know its a possibility, but why are you so certain? Because of the time of year?

Ok... Why do you say CocoCay is definitely a sea day? I know its a possibility, but why are you so certain? Because of the time of year?

Sorry to be so pessimistic ! I was trying to show what could happen on that cruise to add to my reasoning of choosing the other ! We are 4 for 8 on actually stopping there and we prefer stopping at destinations over sea days . That's also a good point of what the ocean could be like that time of year !

I'd go for the Vision ... I like the smaller ships. If the Quantum sailing was a longer one, I'd pick that because I love the sea days, but it only goes as far as the Bahamas and heads right back. We did a 10-day in the winter out of Baltimore and that was a nice balance ... 5 sea days and 4 outstanding ports.

And Clarea makes a really good point ... too much pre-planning and reservations involved in a Quantum cruise.

Sorry to be so pessimistic ! I was trying to show what could happen on that cruise to add to my reasoning of choosing the other ! We are 4 for 8 on actually stopping there and we prefer stopping at destinations over sea days . That's also a good point of what the ocean could be like that time of year !

Thanks for your input! We also enjoy getting to see many new ports, but I think the Quantum cruise would be an exception. This would be mainly for the ship and to see the new innovations, plus, we did a cruise for the destination last May to Alaska! We haven't been on a Royal Caribbean mega-ship since 2006 (Well we were on the NCL Epic in 2013, but I have to say that was one of our least favorite cruises), so thats why we were thinking of giving Quantum a try. :)

We would never sail out of NY/NJ, don't care what the ship is !

I don't know why you would say that. I live an hour from the port and it's great to be able to drive rather than fly. It appears that OP would also drive.

I'm not sure what times of the year are bad, out but we were there last January and it was fine. Maybe we got lucky. I guess there could be problems during hurricane season.

Edited by MisterBill99

Thanks for your input! We also enjoy getting to see many new ports, but I think the Quantum cruise would be an exception. This would be mainly for the ship and to see the new innovations, plus, we did a cruise for the destination last May to Alaska! We haven't been on a Royal Caribbean mega-ship since 2006 (Well we were on the NCL Epic in 2013, but I have to say that was one of our least favorite cruises), so thats why we were thinking of giving Quantum a try. :)

Enjoy your cruise ! I'm sure you will be happy with your choice ! I'm sure if either Quantum or Anthem sail out of Florida, we will be first in line ! Happy cruising !

I don't know why you would say that. I live an hour from the port and it's great to be able to drive rather than fly. It appears that OP would also drive.

I'm not sure what times of the year are bad, out but we were there last January and it was fine. Maybe we got lucky. I guess there could be problems during hurricane season.

Being from Western NY, we have a strong dislike for NYC and have literally had people treat us like we have the plague when we tell them we are from NY until we explain not NYC.....western NY, we are not liberals ! So we avoid that area and find it much easier to get a 2 1/2 hour flight to sail out of Fla. We usually sail in March or April and we have seen some very rough seas at Coco Cay.

Being from Western NY, we have a strong dislike for NYC and have literally had people treat us like we have the plague when we tell them we are from NY until we explain not NYC.....western NY, we are not liberals ! So we avoid that area and find it much easier to get a 2 1/2 hour flight to sail out of Fla. We usually sail in March or April and we have seen some very rough seas at Coco Cay.

Good, please stay out of the NYC metro area, we don't want you here, either (but congratulations on going off-topic and bringing liberal bashing to Cruise Critic - I usually have to go to the news sites to find off-topic comments like that).

For those of you who have an easy drive to Cape Liberty, feel free to continue driving to the port.

Edited by MisterBill99

• 2 weeks later...

Wanted to thank everyone for the replies.

Not to bring this thread up again, but it seems no decision can be easy! :p

I think we eliminated the Vision cruise, but of course, we found one more option that may just meet in the middle.

An 8 Night cruise on the Independence.

Ports: St. Maarten, St. Kitts, San Juan, and Labadee. RT Fort Lauderdale

Pros: Great ports imo, love Labadee like leaving from Fort Lauderdale, an 8 night itinerary, never been on freedom class

Cons: not the "new ship" experience which I thought would be a cool experience.

And then the 7 Night Bahamas on the Quantum.

(My first post explains the pros and cons of that).

Also does anyone have any guesses what Anthem will be doing in summer 2016? And is Bermuda doing that dredging to fit a Quantum class ship?

#1. New ship and it won't be around long.

But Anthem will be there the following year and it's almost identical.

I think it's less of a slam dunk now since the alternative is more reasonable.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Forums mobile app

Edited by MisterBill99

.Also does anyone have any guesses what Anthem will be doing in summer 2016? And is Bermuda doing that dredging to fit a Quantum class ship?

My guess: Bermuda and Royal come to some agreement and Anthem is able to cruise to Bermuda.