Your favorite waiter : name and ship

DFritz

Have to agree with Pam & David and cast a vote for Tamas from Hungary on the Grandeur. We had him in April and he and his assistant waiter, Ali, photo link below, were wonderful as was the head water pictured in the center. Ali always greeted us in the Windjammer for breakfast and remembered how my Mom took her coffee.

http://www1.snapfish.com/slideshow/AlbumID=43407027/PictureID=1280394617/a=53150420_53150420/t_=53150420

This is an easy one. As you can see below, we like the Navigator. Anyway, we had a great waiter the first time and when we went back the second time our group got moved to his section. The third time, we requested him and we got him. We all got along so well with him, we exchanged e-mails and write to eacher from time to time. If / when we go back on Navigator, we will request him again too. He was very helpful and didnt forget your name and never forgot special requests...etc

His name is Ercan and he is from Turkey.

Robertas on the Mariner is my favorite. I think he is from Croatia. He made a dining experience fabulous! Robertsas even played a joke on one of our tablemates who gave him a hard time all week. He pretended to spill a full cup of coffee on him. It was great! We also really enjoyed our waiter on our very first cruise on Carnival Destiny. His name was Sunny from Indonesia. He was hilarious.

Bulen and Jim on Grandeur of the Seas, Feb, 1999. (from Turkey) They probably aren't even there anymore. They were the best waiter and asst we ever had on a cruise. We have had good waiters everytime, but Bulen and Jim spoiled us, we have never had anyone like them again!

Grandeur Feb 2006 - waiter was Balazc (Bally) from Hungary

ass't waiter was Mate from Hungary

Sovereign April/May 2006 - waiter was Anton from Bulgaria

ass't waiter was Nicolay from Bulgaria

head waiter was Zsolt from Hungary

ass't waiter 2nd time was Christijan from Croatia

head waiter was Bruno from Portugal

cabin steward was Franklin

Mate and Nicoly were like puppies you just wanted to cuddle and take home. Bally and Anton were very professional and experts at fulfilling your culinary desires. Zsolt and Bruno worked very hard, were very visible and accessible if you had a problem. They would chat with you to make sure you were having a good dining experience. Christijan was on his first contract ever and should have been the waiter instead of ass't waiter. He was very, very good, already highly polished. Franklin was the best steward I've ever had, invisible yet always around when you needed him. He was always smiling and happy.

Radiance -- 2003: Mustapha from Turkey

Mariner, 2005 -- Kinga from Romainia but she had a baby and won't be coming back (heard this from the guy who ran the Seaview Cafe on Jewel last Jan.).

Best Steward ever -- Jesus Kahn on Jewel -- was glad I got to the tell the Head Steward how great he was at the Platinium/Diamond party.

Our favorite waiter was Pablo on Premier's Sea Breeze. He was from Guatemala and when he came around to sweep up the crumbs he would say "These are for my momma!" Needless to say, we wanted to help his momma as much as possible and began crumbling bread into piles on our table. We had such great fun with him and really appreciated his service.

Carlito on the Navigator- he was awesome. When we went back on her a year later, we did not have Carlito, but tracked him down anyway, and the funny thing was... he remembered us! We were really surprised- considering how many people he met during the year. By the way- how does the wait staff remember everyone's names?? I have always wondered how they did that. I have a problem remembering what I did yesterday, let alone the names of 40-50 people per cruise.

Oh- we also had Perdeeb- also on the Navigator. He was the assistant waiter with Carlito- the year after he had been promoted to the head of the Champagne Bar and Vintages- he makes one wonderful apple tini.

I miss those guys.....

Hope you never have the pleasure of IVO on the Grandeur! His Asst Ricardo was a true delight...what a sweet guy..he was pretty new and tried so hard without any assistance from Ivo. Mom, me, Lyla & Chuck loved him (table mates). Ricardo got the extra tip in the envelope from me & Mom...not Ivo. I also noticed that he was not any different with any of his other tables....miserable person at best.

JOSE DURON from HONDURAS on the mariner of the seas not once but twice. Anne Marie from south africa was with him...this is the mariner. they are supposed to be on the freedom in november when I am on it so I hope I see them. I found Jose in March and he remembered me from the october cruise!:p Also I will never forget the bartender at the WIG n Gavel...haha now I forget his name of all times...he remembered me from the last one as well.

I can't remember the waiter's name.....but the assistant waiter was wonderful - her name was Claudia. Not only was she professional and very sweet she was very warm and kind.

She went out of her way to make conversation with our DD - 15. How many people actually take the time to talk to teens? Not just small she really engaged her in conversation.;)

I thought that was terrific.:)

Hands down our favorites were on the last cruise we took in May on the Adventure of the Seas. Oono Roberts from Trinidad and her assistant Jose (Booden) Jemenez from Honduras - otherwise known to us as "Will" because he reminded us of Will Smith.

They were fabulous together and we had great fun with them - especially my husband! He gave Oono a hard time (kiddingly) and she gave it right back!

Vipin and his assistant Ina on Navigator of the Seas (June 25 2004) and Bernie and her assistant Natalie on Adventure of the Seas (June 11 2006). These went above and beyond the call of duty for our comfort and enjoyment - can't thank them enough!

Ramona from Romania on AOS, August 2004. She was wonderful. We were always amazed at the sight of this tiny, thin girl carrying a trayful of dinners just like all the other big, brawny waiters! She was awesome. Hope she is still on the AOS in when we sail in August.

Mariner of the Saes 1/29/06 West.

Waiter = Charlie/phillipines, awesome guy, funny, charming, attentive and did his job VERY WELL!!!

Assis. waiter = Lenard/Trinadad, my kids and us loved him, the girls made him blush, they liked his accent, he had the boys rolling in laughter, and he was always right behind you with water-rolls-or another plate!!! Amazing, friendly and had tons of island tips!!

Head = Rojie/????? he came to our table EVERY nightand talked to us for at least 15 min, many times longer!! He cut the girls' food for them EVERY night, and though it was only small talk he always had interesting things to listen to!!

All 3 of them were awesome!!! I couldn't have hand picked better staff!!! I know that Lenard has moved to Freedom, but I believe Charlie and Rojie are still on the Mariner!!!

Again OP thanks for the uplifting thread!!!

We were on the VOS in Sept of 2005 and we had a waiter named Rajie and I was wandering if that is the same guy. Was he from india

I would have to say Scott on the Radiance. We have had him both times we've been on the Radiance....how lucky are we! It was like being served by a younger Morgan Freeman! Maybe it was because these were our first two cruises ever, but I was so impressed with his quiet dignity.

I have breezed through all the posts on this thread and I've noticed an overwhelming predominance of excellent servers from Turkey! I wonder why that is? I would have to say our second favorite waiter was Adem, who was from Turkey, and he was on the Jewel in 2004. I remember him introducing us to Ahmed!