2 couples, wife's don't drink.

RIGUY40

My questiion is. How can me and my friend purchase the drink package? Both wives don't drink.. We have separate cabins and you both have to purchase the package. Thanks

Only think I can think of is to revamp the reservations, putting the husbands in one room and the wives in the other. Then both husbands can purchase the drink packages, and the wives don't have to.

Once onboard, you can request additional room keys, allowing whatever switches you want to make for sleeping arrangements. But, on paper, one room will have the husbands, and the other room will have the wives.

My questiion is. How can me and my friend purchase the drink package? Both wives don't drink.. We have separate cabins and you both have to purchase the package. Thanks

What cruise line? On RCI, while the packages are not intended to be shared, they do not need to be purchased by both passengers in the stateroom. You can purchase them individually. You also do not need to purchase them for the entire cruise, but they must be purchased with at least four consecutive days remaining on the cruise in question.

I mention this because if RCI is the cruise line in question, they recently changed their program rules to allow the options I described.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

JMO, but is it really worth jumping through all sorts of hoops to find a way to 'outsmart' the system?

It's a vacation. Go, enjoy. Buy your drink cards and if you spend a few dollars for drinks your wife doesn't want/doesn't drink is it really going to make such a huge difference for you? Doesn't doing it the right way beat the embarrassment you might experience if caught cheating?

I am a rule follower so I suspect I am more impatient about shenanigans trying to beat the system than someone who thinks it's okay. :o Sorry.

JMO, but is it really worth jumping through all sorts of hoops to find a way to 'outsmart' the system?

It's a vacation. Go, enjoy. Buy your drink cards and if you spend a few dollars for drinks your wife doesn't want/doesn't drink is it really going to make such a huge difference for you? Doesn't doing it the right way beat the embarrassment you might experience if caught cheating?

I am a rule follower so I suspect I am more impatient about shenanigans trying to beat the system than someone who thinks it's okay. :o Sorry.

Well if both wives don't drink investing in their beverage package because you have to in order to get yours would be a fairly large - and wasted - expense as (using RCI again as the example) the top package costs $65 per day. Given that as the alternative, the better advise probably would be for the husbands to just pay as you go. Far cheaper than purchasing two packages that would not be used.

Well if both wives don't drink investing in their beverage package because you have to in order to get yours would be a fairly large - and wasted - expense as (using RCI again as the example) the top package costs $65 per day. Given that as the alternative, the better advise probably would be for the husbands to just pay as you go. Far cheaper than purchasing two packages that would not be used.

As I said, I am embarrassed to restate I am a rule follower. If the rule is both persons in the cabin must buy the package, I would either not buy it and would pay for drinks as I ordered them or I would do as the rules demand.

I don't expect you to do what I do but only stated the embarrassment of being caught cheating would make me feel so bad it would not be worth it. I'd rather limit how much I drank and paid one drink at a time than 'cheat'.

It's a vacation. I don't want to spend it feeling 'guilty'. :eek: :D

Edited by sail7seas

Well if both wives don't drink investing in their beverage package because you have to in order to get yours would be a fairly large - and wasted - expense

Keep in mind that most of these packages also include premium coffees, sodas, juices, bottled waters, and other non-alcoholic beverages. Even if alcoholic drinks aren't ordered by the wives, they can still get a reasonable value from the package if they order several of the above. Maybe not a full value, but it won't be a complete waste, either.

Only think I can think of is to revamp the reservations, putting the husbands in one room and the wives in the other. Then both husbands can purchase the drink packages, and the wives don't have to.

Once onboard, you can request additional room keys, allowing whatever switches you want to make for sleeping arrangements. But, on paper, one room will have the husbands, and the other room will have the wives.

Technically, even that wouldn't work (if NCL enforces their own rules). If you read the fine print for the Ultimate Beverage Package, it states: "Packages must be purchased by all qualifying individuals residing in the stateroom or additional staterooms under the same method of payment for the entire length of the cruise."

As I said, I am embarrassed to restate I am a rule follower. If the rule is both persons in the cabin must buy the package, I would either not buy it and would pay for drinks as I ordered them or I would do as the rules demand.

I don't expect you to do what I do but only stated the embarrassment of being caught cheating would make me feel so bad it would not be worth it. I'd rather limit how much I drank and paid one drink at a time than 'cheat'.

It's a vacation. I don't want to spend it feeling 'guilty'. :eek: :D

Re-read my post - not disagreeing with you. Just suggesting that they should probably pay as they go v. purchase packages that wouldn't be used given their cost. :)

Keep in mind that most of these packages also include premium coffees, sodas, juices, bottled waters, and other non-alcoholic beverages. Even if alcoholic drinks aren't ordered by the wives, they can still get a reasonable value from the package if they order several of the above. Maybe not a full value, but it won't be a complete waste, either.

True, but I was thinking more along the lines of the alcohol portion. Still a fairly significant investment for the non-alcohol drinks v. pay as you go IMO.

In royal you don't have to both purchase

The other way is one of each swap cabins do drinkers in one non drinkers in other

Then stay in your own cabins

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did you not read the previous posts? The OP has also since confirmed that they are sailing on NCL.

Really is no way around it without breaking the rules. I was able to purchase the package once with a doctors note for my husband. Luckily RC allows you to purchase packages now without everyone in the room having to buy one. I am very happy about that because asking my husband doctor to write a note each time kind of made me feel like a lush.