Maya Chan??

randig

He says we have it reserved for the day.I am confused on how we will be brought our snacks and drinks, since I have read from all the reviews here that they serve you all day. Waiting to hear back.

They have a couple of servers who will bring chips, salsa and welcome drink on arrival and then return frequently to see if you have any other requirements. We visited on one of the worst weather days ever and they were still attentive with their service. Lunch is served buffet style in the bar area - not sure if they will bring that to you, we just helped ourselves and took it back to our palapa. There are tables and chairs to eat at the bar but it was full by the time we discovered lunch was being served. Not sure if this is normal but as I said the weather was bad the day we were there and many adults just "parked" themselves at the bar for the day out if the rain. We had a "little one" and we're grateful for our palapa with low stone walls for shelter!

Seems like the server will get a good workout attending the treehouse!

Edited by c-leg5

• 4 weeks later...

I was at both in May 2014 and found nothing about either that made me feel as if they were run down in any way. They were both wonderfully fabulous from food, to service to amenities. We will definitely be going to both again. It was probably the most wonderfully memorable cruise yet and those two resorts were a huge part of why.

Maya Chan seems to go through the same issue as Nachi cocom in Cozumel...no maintenance and run down...hmmm

In all my years of being on this board, I have NEVER once seen anyone say that either of these places have "no maintenance" or "run down". Where are your sources coming from? I have been to both...have you? :confused:

Maya Chan seems to go through the same issue as Nachi cocom in Cozumel...no maintenance and run down...hmmm

I have no idea why Maya Chan would be described this way.

We have been to Maya Chan many times. Have never witnessed maintenance problems and the place is certainly not run down! It is well maintained; clean and has excellent service in all aspects. Cannot speak for the other resort.

• 2 weeks later...

This was our best stop. We loved Maya Chan. As stated in some of the other posts, we were waited on from the time we sat down until we left. Private palapa, hammock, chairs in water under an umbrella in front of our private spot on the beach, chips on arrival, anything you wanted to drink, buffet lunch. Kayaks, Picked up promptly at the port ( beware of people telling you they don't exsist or that there isn't a taxi stand), and taken back when ever you want. The owners are incredible and are serious in wanting you to enjoy your time there.

Interesting that Aloe Vera has not returned!

We were just at Maya Chan this past Thursday. Incredible day and we were impressed by their service, food, peaceful environment and no signs of lack of maintenance or being run down. All is well for sure!

Fifth time there and we will be there again.

I only wish we could have stayed longer.

What is up with Aloe Vera? Is this a fluke or someone in competition?

FYI.....

We had a group of 6 of us that went to Maya Chan last Thursday February 12th. Just like last year it was Great!!! We arrived at 9:30am and left at 2:30pm. The road was just scraped a few weeks ago and was much better than last year

• 3 weeks later...
What has happened to Maya Chan? I read that they were expanding, but the webcam hasn't been on for months? Have Mark and Jane given up on that extra? It was nice to check in and see what was shaking down there.

We were at Maya Chen when the first opened about five year ago. WOW! It was so wonderful.

They even took a bunch of us out and caught fresh lobster for us to eat for lunch!

My dh had a massage and we had our own private section/area.

Do they still do this?

I just booked the Navigator for next February with a stop to Maya Chen.

It was by far, one of our best beach days ever.

Will start reading up on it again.

What has happened to Maya Chan? I read that they were expanding, but the webcam hasn't been on for months? Have Mark and Jane given up on that extra? It was nice to check in and see what was shaking down there.

This post was from September 2014.

As we all know the webcam is working now....

they've added a nice 'tree house'

and all is well.

I was there last month.

Harriet

A few years ago Maya Chan had trouble with a competing resort posting bad things about them on line- maybe they are trying this ruse again. Not going to the resort this time- I am leaving in a week for a 17 day TA- from Florida to Venice.