Quantum/Anthem tours at Meyer Werft

Hello everyone,

We've been following this awesome forum with great interest. There's such great information here! Cruise Critic has been provided a rare and fascinating opportunity to visit the Meyer Werft shipyard and tour Quantum and Anthem of the Seas. I'm leaving late this afternoon and will be there tomorrow, leaving Wednesday. Like you, I'm so excited to see these ships and all they have to offer.

While I'm there, I'd love to try to get answers to some of your questions, so please, leave them on this thread. I also hope to take a ton of photos of the progress. The Cruise Critic staff was talking about Quantum this week, and we were trying to decide what feature we most were looking forward to seeing/trying. Dining, trapeze lessons and cabins were high on the list, but I have to admit, I'm really intrigued by the Two70, space. What are you excited about?

Also, if you are active on Twitter, please follow (and contribute to!) our coverage between now and the debut on #CConQuantum. I'll be using that hastag from this trip. Here's hoping for fast internet from the shipyard.

Colleen

Like you, I am intrigued by the Two70 venue, but more curious about the Promenade/Esplanade. Looking forward to seeing what it looks like.

Have a good trip to Meyer Werft in Papenburg. Enjoy your tour of the ship!!

I am booked in one of the suite cabins but there has not been many pictures and the ones posted show that they have lots of work left to do. Can you take close up pictures of these cabins (aft balcony view)? Also, I could not see how the sky loft suites and grand loft suite balconies are separated. Will there be glass or something else separating them? I did not see that in the existing pictures. Anything you can provide on the sky loft suites would be great. Thank you so much.

Would appreciate any info on the layout of Superior Ocean View Staterooms (Code F), in particular whether there will be an exterior hallway or publicly accessible area in front of the stateroom window or not.

Thank you so much and enjoy your stay in my home country! :)

Really great questions so far! I'll see what I can find out about the "more to come." :)

We are visiting the cabin factory, but it looks like that's the one spot where there's a "no photo" policy. Fingers crossed I'll get other opportunities to see and photograph the cabins.

Colleen

I'd love to know if the entertainment for the Anthem will be different than on Quantum.

I think a bunch of us want to know what the "trellace area" is.

I'd love to know about the "more to come" areas.

A bunch of us also are waiting with baited breath to find out if Anthem will remain in Bayonne year round, or if we're going to lose her too, once Summer rolls around. If we are, are we back with an older ship again for Summer cruises?

I've written Royal a couple of times with this question, with no response. If you are in contact with a person from the activities department, might you ask: As the bumper cars are on the basketball court, will they have equipment (hand baskets and nerf balls) to have bumper car basketball games? I have participated in such games before and they are tremendous fun. Thank you for any and all information that you find out for us. We wait in breathless anticipation. :)

Like you, I am intrigued by the Two70 venue, but more curious about the Promenade/Esplanade. Looking forward to seeing what it looks like.

Have a good trip to Meyer Werft in Papenburg. Enjoy your tour of the ship!!

Agree, I'm most excited about Two70 as well but it feels like that's what 80% of the info we have is on. Really want to know what the Promenade and Atriums will be like. Hope she still has those signature open spaces. They've been there since the start (long before the Promenade).

I'd love to know if the entertainment for the Anthem will be different than on Quantum.

I think a bunch of us want to know what the "trellace area" is.

I'd love to know about the "more to come" areas.

A bunch of us also are waiting with baited breath to find out if Anthem will remain in Bayonne year round, or if we're going to lose her too, once Summer rolls around. If we are, are we back with an older ship again for Summer cruises?

Great second part question regarding Anthem Staying in Bayonne.

Lets add; What are the deployment plans for the third Quantum Class ship?

Hi all,

We just arrived to the hotel and will be heading over to the shipyard later this afternoon. We have a press conference scheduled for around 10 a.m. EDT, so I'm sure I'll have some news to share. We're also scheduled to see the cabin factory today!

Colleen

PS I'll see what I can find out about the bars; hopefully, I'll have some pictures I can share!

Hi all,

We just arrived to the hotel and will be heading over to the shipyard later this afternoon. We have a press conference scheduled for around 10 a.m. EDT, so I'm sure I'll have some news to share. We're also scheduled to see the cabin factory today!

Colleen

PS I'll see what I can find out about the bars; hopefully, I'll have some pictures I can share!

Bars that serve Lemon Drops, more specifically. :D