Returning passenger party?

Derbie

I will have 27 days cruised at the end of this upcoming journey. Will I be invited to the past passenger party? I thought I read that if you made gold during your cruise, you would be invited. Just curious. Thanks so much.

I will have 27 days cruised at the end of this upcoming journey. Will I be invited to the past passenger party? I thought I read that if you made gold during your cruise, you would be invited. Just curious. Thanks so much.

We made gold during our last cruise, and we were invited to the past guest party :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yes.

Is it worth going to? We will be gold and I was going to go for the free drinks but plan to purchase cheers so not going unless there is a good reason.

I just go for the drinks and to meet up with friends. It's fun in a corny kind of way. Try it once and see what you think. And the drinks won't count against your 15/day limit! :D

Unfortunately it has become a sales pitch, and during prime pool time. If you are enjoying the pool, don't worry about attending. One free drink coupon later = not worth it!

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

There will be an invitation mixed in with all the other papers you get daily. Don't be afraid to ask for a drink other than the punch drink that they walk around with. They also serve little finger foods. Have had good apps and yucky ones.

Unfortunately it has become a sales pitch, and during prime pool time. If you are enjoying the pool, don't worry about attending. One free drink coupon later = not worth it!

What sales pitch? I've never experienced anything like that. They play a video and you cheer for the ship(s) you have been on, hear a few jokes from the CD, do the conga line, and just mingle while they play music. And you don't get one free drink coupon - it's all you can drink for an hour.

Question, I will be gold on my upcoming cruise but my wife who is in my cabin will still only be blue. Will I only be able to go to the party or will they give my wife an invite as well?

Only you will get an invite. Some people have had luck in getting their roommates in with them so I've been told. However, each time I went they collected the invitations and only the people that actually had them could get in. It could vary by ship, or the mood of the crew, or how many people there are. I left my mom to roam on her own while I partaked in the festivities. She was Red and I was Gold. :D

The ones we have gone to they have collected our invitation but I brought my sons with me (before they were gold) and have never had a problem. Nor have I ever seen them turn someone away. I am sure they would love for you to bring your wife.

I don't recall them trying to sell us a thing during the one on the Freedom two weeks ago. It really wasn't that long. They served full cocktail drinks and a couple of different appetizers. They brought up all the diamond members and shouted out the golds and platinums. The Captain spoke for a few minutes and then they invited everyone up to the stage to learn some line dance they would be doing at the deck party later that night. They also showed a video of all the ships. I liked that. I would go again just for the free drinks.

There's no drink coupon. You do get one delivered to your stateroom after your first cruise. Has nothing to do with the past guest party.

Also, yes they collected our invites at the door, which was sort of a bummer. Wanted to keep it for our scrapbook.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

Question, I will be gold on my upcoming cruise but my wife who is in my cabin will still only be blue. Will I only be able to go to the party or will they give my wife an invite as well?

Of course your wife can go with you. You will get only the one invitation but it is for you and traveling companion.

Princess' are like that.

Mine are always worded "AdGuymg and Guest".

As mentioned the free drink coupon is for all past guest and should be in your cabin when you first arrive. It is not related to the past guest party.

The past guest party is usually in the evening before the first seating in the main dining room. You will still have time to arrive in the dining room on time afterwards. I have yet to hear a sales pitch

The past guest part is only held on cruises longer than five days. Everyone in the same cabin are allowed to attend. The travelers in the cabin next to us were allowed to attend with us because the cabins were linked.

A couple of free drinks if you drink fast. Or you can take one with you. Also free finger food.

There is some music. A short speech about the ships and anything new Carnival has planned. A slide show showing all of the Carnival ships both past and present. If you have not been. Try it once to be able to say youve been there.

Past Guest Parties are not what they used to be. Used to enjoy going listening to the band, have a few beverages and appetizers, last few we have been on lasted no more than 45 min start to finish.

I think they plan them late afternoon to discourage folks, who wants to leave the pool, clean up for a free drink and appetizer that are not that great anymore.

Make sure you get your invites, drink coupons and pin in your room. Last year we completely forgot about it. We heard someone mention it after the party was over. I was already gold but DH turned gold on that cruise. We went to guest service and they gave us our drink coupons and his gold pin but it was too late at that point for the party. Not sure who dropped the ball but this year I will be much more aware.

Princess and Carnival are the past guest parties I spoke of. They no longer have a reception, you get one drink coupon, and their sales pitch is for future cruise bookings and signing up for their credit card. I am glad to read RC is different as we will be going again in September and have that to look forward to.

Princess and Carnival are the past guest parties I spoke of. They no longer have a reception, you get one drink coupon, and their sales pitch is for future cruise bookings and signing up for their credit card. I am glad to read RC is different as we will be going again in September and have that to look forward to.

I was at two past guest parties this month, (Fascination & Liberty), and at no time was there any sales pitch, and you could have as many drinks as you wanted.

Sorry you must have your cruise lines mixed up. Carnival is NOTHING like that. I was on Glory May 2013, October 2013, Conquest Jan of this year and Glory May of this year. It is all as I explained before and as others have stated. Again, your info is incorrect.