Classic package v Premium package

jono mono

Is it possible for one of your party of two to upgrade from classic to premium ?I understand it is $11.50 a day,if so can it be done mid way through a 12 day cruise?.Thank,s for any info.

On our last cruise, I upgraded to Premium and my partner did not. I did it mainly because of the wine selections and also like to have a Grey Goose martini now and then.

I might add if there is something you want to order that is in the Classic package and your companion might want a premium drink you can switch cards for that one time. For example, there was a nice Province Rose on the MDR menu that was covered by the classic package that I liked. When I wanted that I would give my partner the chance to order a wine from the premium.

I might add if there is something you want to order that is in the Classic package and your companion might want a premium drink you can switch cards for that one time.

Doing this is against the terms, and could result in the package being cancelled with no refund.

I might add if there is something you want to order that is in the Classic package and your companion might want a premium drink you can switch cards for that one time.

We met a couple last year that did just that and then switched their drinks. The waiter came up to them and said he could get into trouble if they did that as it wasnt allowed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ref swapping drinks: I had premium Alcohol and mum had the premium non Alcohol. I ordered a cocktail, she ordered a mock tail. Neither of us enjoyed our chosen drinks...so we tasted each others and liked them so swapped. We were sat by the bar in full view. The bar tender laughed me cause I said...too much rum!!! Lol

So, if you don't "like" your chosen wine, why waste it? Why not let your husband drink it instead. :p:p

On our last cruise, I upgraded to Premium and my partner did not. I did it mainly because of the wine selections and also like to have a Grey Goose martini now and then.

I might add if there is something you want to order that is in the Classic package and your companion might want a premium drink you can switch cards for that one time. For example, there was a nice Province Rose on the MDR menu that was covered by the classic package that I liked. When I wanted that I would give my partner the chance to order a wine from the premium.

You may wish to know that when a card is used, a picture of the owner is displayed to the bartender to catch those may be tempted to utilize another's card.

Mike in Ohio

Well we had all sorts of packages between five of us on indi last week and none of us had any problems getting a round of drinks just taking up all the cards to the bar was fine. I'm sure if you abuse the system then you deserve to get your package removed.

However when we signed up at the top of the gangway all we did was scribble on a bit of paper. There were no terms on it and neither were they explained so RCI would have had a tough time enforcing them.

I did overhear a crew member talking to another about a daily cap being introduced as some people we're doing 30 to 40 drinks a day!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What if just my husband will get a package and will order a bottle of wine with dinner? Can we still share it? It is so confusing!!

I must tell you, Celebrity's website is the least informative site in almost every aspect!

Edited by Mypka

What if just my husband will get a package and will order a bottle of wine with dinner? Can we still share it? It is so confusing!!

I must tell you, Celebrity's website is the least informative site in almost every aspect!

The unlimited classic and premium beverage packages do not include bottles of wine, only glasses. Sharing of glasses of wine, like any other drink obtained with the packages, is not allowed. This makes sense since the package pricing is based on unlimited beverages for one person.

The packages do include a small discount on bottles of wine. Once purchased, with a package discount or not, a bottle of wine can be shared with anyone and with as many people as the purchaser would like.

Likewise there is a separate wine package which is different from the premium and classic beverage packages. The wine packages are basically the advance purchase of a set number of bottles of wine from a limited selection. Since you're buying a limited quantity (such as 3 or 5 bottles) there are no limits on sharing.

Edited by Lsimon

Classic and Premium here:

bc08ed6afacb674770728c6df38a8b4c.jpg3b8fec14def8a2ac5710d6890f27b73f.jpgb429aecad296d1b7af2eecfc621d5a50.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This list has more selections listed in the Classic Package than the post above. This one includes Makers Mark bourbon, but the other list does not. This list includes more selections for liqueurs than the other list. Does anyone know which is the most recent list? It is so frustrating trying to find the answer to this question! I've tried on other threads, to no avail.

This list has more selections listed in the Classic Package than the post above. This one includes Makers Mark bourbon, but the other list does not. This list includes more selections for liqueurs than the other list. Does anyone know which is the most recent list? It is so frustrating trying to find the answer to this question! I've tried on other threads, to no avail.

Although the list provided by WPGCYCLER (Reply # 7 ) is from a recent cruise... It is infact an old List outlining the Zclassic Pkg... This can be determined because it refers to a time when the max pour cost was $ 8 on the Classic Pkg (it s now $ 9 for the Classic and $ 13 fr the Premium)

So I would say that the lists you've posted above dated May 28, 2014 are more current (Reply # 17)... Atheatre the same ones that the CC member CELEBRITY CRUISES (Official) has posted in the past on similar topics posted by others.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

• 2 weeks later...
It looks like page 2 from the Classic package is missing...the Canadian Whiskeys and Cordials. If I could copy and paste that section, I would.

Good Catch GALAVANT3

Indeed Page 2 of the Classic Pkg is missing.

Here is the link to the Official Announcement by CC Member CELEBRITY CRUISES Official Rep from May 28, 2012

The links to the two Alcohol Pkgs are at the bottom of the opening post.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2048745

Cheers!

The list of alcohol available for each package is helpful. I have the Classic Package as part of the 123 go perk for my cruise next month.

I'm fine with all alcohol listed in the classic package and ketel one is my favorite vodka (it's included in Classic). My question . . . Is a Ketel One dirty martini or cosmo included in the classic package? I see a dirty martini and cosmo listed on the Martini Bar menu but it's over the classic package limit.

Thanks

R Panzano

The list of alcohol available for each package is helpful. I have the Classic Package as part of the 123 go perk for my cruise next month.

I'm fine with all alcohol listed in the classic package and ketel one is my favorite vodka (it's included in Classic). My question . . . Is a Ketel One dirty martini or cosmo included in the classic package? I see a dirty martini and cosmo listed on the Martini Bar menu but it's over the classic package limit.

Thanks

R Panzano

It is one of those gray areas.

When an alcohol is on the list it means a Standard Pour with or without mix.

Martinis at the Martini Bar, and many Cocktails aboard tend to have more than a Standard Pour (single shot) hence the higher pricing

Occasionally, you might find a Bartender who would see things your way when it comes to a double-pour considering the item is found on the Classic List... But not always

My best advice in this scenario is go with the Classic Pkg and try to cultivate a friendship with a Bartender. Our best times have often been in a Bar Area where we've made friends with the Bartender (as true at sea, as it is on land)

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Actually, check prices with whatever you are going to purchase. Last week I had a couple of coffee drinks with alcohol which were listed as $7 and no problem on the classic package. At another time I ordered a bottle of Sam Adams which was listed for $7 only to be told it was on the Premium Package.