When to buy airfare to Miami for Feb

Ratdoggie

Thank you all for the replies, it sounds like I better get on the airfare!

Based on a CC discussion yesterday, I last night booked SWA from Nashville to FLL and return for March. I was shocked to see that several of the flights for the days we needed were already sold out. I did grab the ones that were still available before they were gone. Book flights and hotels now....and cancel later if the prices drop or your plans change.

Just booked Southwest for $530 a passenger for March 6. coming back March 14? One of the flights is nonstop. Does that sound about right for this time of year?

Unfortunately, that is probably about right. Do check the prices occasionally between now and then. SWA will occasionally post much lower prices for a trip. SWA still doesn't' charge for changing a flight. However, I think the days of $100 flights are pretty much over.

I've been checking flight prices from our home in Nova Scotia Canada to Fort Lauderdale or Miami for the past six months, for travel in March 2015. The price has not dropped below $780 per person in all that time, and over the last few weeks has actually gone up by $100 or more, depending on the day.

When we flew to Florida two years ago, at the same time of year, the flights were roughly $300 per person.

We are looking at flights in January from Buffalo to Fort Lauderdale, and its just under $200 a person (because we have a credit voucher when the airline messed up abit).

I am guessing that's a pretty good price...........$768 for 4 of us !!!

We are looking at flights in January from Buffalo to Fort Lauderdale, and its just under $200 a person (because we have a credit voucher when the airline messed up abit).

I am guessing that's a pretty good price...........$768 for 4 of us !!!

That isn't the airfare price, that is just what you are paying correct?