OBC for Shareholders

Anyone know if you can get OBC for having Carnival Shares?

when crusing Royal Caribbean...

and how to go about getting it ?

Thanks

You have to purchase 100 shares of RCI to reap any benefits from it in the way of OBC. The price for each share is hovering around $60+ so it's a pretty expensive way to get OBC. ;) http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-shareholderbenefit

Thanks

If you own 100 shares of Carnival stock, you get OBC on the ships under the Carnival umbrella. That includes Carnival, Princess, Cunard, Costa, Holland America, Seaborn, and several other cruise lines. Owning 100 shares of Royal Caribbean International stock gets OBC on Royal Caribbean, Celebrity and Azamara. I bought mine at $10/share in 2008, and it is over $63 today! I wish I had bought 1000 shares - the profit would pay for quite a few cruises!!

In order to get the OBC, you have to fill out a form from the respective stock website and send it to the cruise line with current proof that you own at least 100 shares (by email, fax, or mail). The websites have the info and addresses on the form.

The amount of OBC that you get depends on the length of the cruise - for RCL cruise lines, you get up to $250 for a cruise that is at least 14 days.

Marilyn

Edited by CruisinAddict

Thanks

shock-horror2.jpg?w=175&h=250

Since Carnival is a completely separate and unrelated company, it would be very strange for Royal Caribbean to give you anything for owning Carnival stock. :rolleyes:

We bought 100 shares in our Self directed IRAs back when it was $28 - $30 a share. So glad we did as we really have doubled the investment. We will be requesting our OBC soon!:D

We've done this with carnival with not issues. I hope it's just as easy to do with RCI!

It is rare that we get the shipboard credit for RCL, as it is not combinable with almost anything. The only time we tend to use it is on the 3 night Majesty of the Seas, as there are practically no balcony cabins, so no Diamond Discount. There is no reason to do a future cruise booking on that ship, as the OBC is less than the shareholder benefit.

By the way, in case anyone cares.............

The OBC for owning Carnival Corporation stock IS combinable with other benefits. I have used mine on each of my Princess cruises, even when I had other stuff going on.

:)

Don't we wish RC was doing that. BUT Princess doesn't give us the balcony discount.