Broadway show on Anthem

I wonder if We Will Rock You and Mama Mia are playing based on where the ship leaves from?

So, when Quantum in leaving from New Jersey, she will be playing Mama Mia, and when Anthem leaves from the UK, she will host We Will Rock You.

Maybe the stage designs are flexible enough to be changed out with some amount of ease.

There's not a huge set for Mama Mia, and I haven't seen We Will Rock You, but I'm wondering if it's the same.

This way, when Anthem returns to the UK (Thought I read somewhere that it will go back again in the Spring), they can once again play We Will Rock You.

There are a lot of people that are saying "yuck", but of those, I wonder who has this opinion after seeing the show in London?

I'm not thrilled with the choice, but that's not based on having seen the show in London. It's because I'm from New York, and there are so many amazing Broadway Shows out there that I'd rather see.

We Will Rock You (and pretty much any music act, turned broadway show) are just not my cup of tea (although I hear Jersey Boys was really good).

Isn't mama mia a music act turned into a show?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

While I have never seen either Momma Mia or We Will Rock You, I am glad that the ships will have different shows.

We are booked on both ships and now we can look forward to having a different show. We are assuming that Sonic Odyssey and StarWater will be on both ships, so having one different show during the sailiing is refreshing.

I am more of a Queen fan than ABBA, so I suspect I will like We Will Rock You more, but we almost always enjoy the entertainment on a cruise. Never saw Chicago before our cruise on Allure of the Seas and I found that to be very entertaining.

Isn't mama mia a music act turned into a show?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

It is, and I'm not really a fan of that show, which I did go and see on Broadway.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Overtyme

We are assuming that Sonic Odyssey and StarWater will be on both ships, so having one different show during the sailiing is refreshing.

I'd be very, very surprised if that were true. I'm confident Anthem will have her own productions given Royal's history. Look at Oasis and Allure for example, different Aqua, Broadway, production, and ice shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Preference must be a geographical thing!

I would have liked Mamma Mia but We will rock you will be good too especially with a predominantly UK audience - anyone who has been on Indy for Rock Britannia would agree.

I have seen Jersey Boys in UK and didn't like it, probably because I am just a little too young for that era and didn't know story.

I am going on a 3 night sampler in Anthem's second week.

I have just looked up info about this show and I have decided that I am looking forward to it... I like all those songs and the story looks interesting love We are the champions!

I saw. It in January in Philadelphia. I loved it. It's very futuristic.

I'd be very, very surprised if that were true. I'm confident Anthem will have her own productions given Royal's history. Look at Oasis and Allure for example, different Aqua, Broadway, production, and ice shows.

Well that would be great if all of the shows are different. With Anthem taking over for Quantum when she moves to Asia, I was thinking much of what is on Quantum would simply slide over onto Anthem.

Both Allure and Oasis have Blue Planet, correct? So perhaps Anthem and Quantum will both have at least one similar show, maybe StarWater as it is in 270 and not in the main theater?

Both Allure and Oasis have Blue Planet, correct? So perhaps Anthem and Quantum will both have at least one similar show, maybe StarWater as it is in 270 and not in the main theater?

Nope, that's not true. Oasis has Come Fly With Me and Allure has Blue Planet. It would be unprecedented, at least on their newest and most modern ships, for RCI to repeat a show. I'd be stunned.

I wonder if We Will Rock You and Mama Mia are playing based on where the ship leaves from?

So, when Quantum in leaving from New Jersey, she will be playing Mama Mia, and when Anthem leaves from the UK, she will host We Will Rock You.

Nope. The shows are tied to the ship - has nothing to do with where they're departing from.

Yuck from me too. Will definitely be giving that show a miss when we go on Anthem next year. I can obviously see it appealing to the Queen fans (like my husband) but it's not my cup of tea at all. We'll have to go our separate ways that evening

Oh, I'll go.

But I'll sit on the aisle.

:D :D ;) :p :D :D

There ARE two ships that have one "main" show the same, which surprised me.

Both Liberty and Freedom have "Once Upon A Time".

But I am sure that, like Oasis and Allure, Quantum and Anthem will have all different shows.

As for the "British" or "American" nature of the big production show (i.e., Mamma Mia, Cats, We Will Rock You), NONSENSE.

Modern pop music has no nationality.

Seriously.

There ARE two ships that have one "main" show the same, which surprised me.

Both Liberty and Freedom have "Once Upon A Time".

But I am sure that, like Oasis and Allure, Quantum and Anthem will have all different shows.

As for the "British" or "American" nature of the big production show (i.e., Mamma Mia, Cats, We Will Rock You), NONSENSE.

Modern pop music has no nationality.

Seriously.

"Once Upon A Time" is not on Liberty, only Freedom.

• 4 months later...

My husband and I can't wait to see "We Will Rock You"! We think it will be awesome, as they say... "The Show Must Go On"! "All Fat Bottomed Girls" will also love this show! Or for the nay sayers...maybe "Another One Will Bite The Dust" or maybe it truly will be "Radio Ga Ga".:)

My husband and I can't wait to see "We Will Rock You"! We think it will be awesome, as they say... "The Show Must Go On"! "All Fat Bottomed Girls" will also love this show! Or for the nay sayers...maybe "Another One Will Bite The Dust" or maybe it truly will be "Radio Ga Ga".:)

The same - sounds a lot better than Mamma Mia.

is Mamma Mia staying on the Quantum when it heads over to Asia??

This would make the Broadway line-up for RCCL as follows:

Oasis - Cats

Allure - Chicago

Liberty - Saturday Night Fever

Quantum - Mamma Mia

Anthem - We Will Rock You

Oasis - Cats

Allure - Chicago

Quantum - Mamma Mia

And the occasional rumor that Hairspray is coming to Freedom. :o

Oasis - Cats

Allure - Chicago

Quantum - Mamma Mia

I thought Mamma Mia was moving to Allure?

We are on Quantum right now. Just attended the Technology Tour in 270. Someone ask about the shows for Anthem. Reply was that Anthem would have a Starwater type show...but that choreography would be different. So similar but not the same. They also mentioned that Mamma Mia would switch out as well but not sure to what. They mentioned a show name but I didn't recognize it.