Norwegian Jade First Time

PKFA

Hi, Does this ship have wifi on board and if so how much does it cost?

Also do the cabins on deck nine have a hair dryer and a safe?

And finally having bought the drinks package how will the Barman know that I have.

Thanks in advance for all polite answers.

Yes the cabins do have safes and hair dryers. Wifi is available and rather expensive, there may be some discounts if you purchase minutes on the first day. They put stickers on your cruise card to show that you have purchased drink packages.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes it has WiFi - it costs a bundle! Switch the gadgets off and have a holiday from them as well IMHO.

All cabins have a hairdryer and a safe.

I think the UBP is marked on your card.

We did not get it and came out ahead buying as you go and we do NOT skimp on the booze. Run the numbers carefully - NCL do not offer the UBP to save you money - it is to enhance THEIR bottom line.

Steve,

I am looking at a cruise on the Jade from December 13 till January 3rd 2015 and it will be my first cruise with NCL. I noticed that you will be on board over the holiday period.

If you don't mind can you please let me know:

if the ship will have a lot of children/if it is ok for a single traveller/ with the all time dining venues, will I be able to meat other people to have dinner with/will the ship be decorated for the Christmas period and will there be a good New Years party going on. Finally, I am looking for an inside cabin and if you do know a good location, I would appreciate that information very much.

Thanks very much for your help.

Steve,

I am looking at a cruise on the Jade from December 13 till January 3rd 2015 and it will be my first cruise with NCL. I noticed that you will be on board over the holiday period.

if the ship will have a lot of children/if it is ok for a single traveller/ with the all time dining venues, will I be able to meat other people to have dinner with/will the ship be decorated for the Christmas period and will there be a good New Years party going on. Finally, I am looking for an inside cabin and if you do know a good location, I would appreciate that information very much.

Thanks very much for your help.

Quite a few kids over Christmas but generally well behaved.

Cannot answer re single traveller - always sail with DW - BUT - get involved with activities e.g. trivia. Once you've met some people then maybe you can do dinners/shows etc. together. I think they might have a few meet ups for solo travellers - check the Freestyle Daily.

Ship is decorated and there are New Years parties in several venues with bubbly, balloons etc..

Cannot speak to inside cabins - look at the deck plans. Go for a deck with cabins above and below e.g. 9 or 10. Midships is easier for access and less rocky/less vibration. We go for deck 10 midship balcony for preference.

Thank you very much for your information. At the moment I am catching up with the roll call. Great information over there.

I am going to look at the deck plans, but luckily I am not prone to sea sickness, so I might go for a guarantee. We'll see.

Steve,

if the ship will have a lot of children/if it is ok for a single traveller/ with the all time dining venues, will I be able to meat other people to have dinner with/will the ship be decorated for the Christmas period and will there be a good New Years party going on. Finally, I am looking for an inside cabin and if you do know a good location, I would appreciate that information very much.Thanks very much for your help.

We're on the same cruises; did the same trip last year a month earlier, many European's with a few families, but can't say about children over the holiday periods.

As to cabin; any midship inside on D8 or D9 will give you easy access to most areas and the best "ride" IMHO. Just try to make sure you have another cabin either side and not a passageway/pantry etc.

Edited by harz99
forgot my cabin number

Yes the cabins do have safes and hair dryers. Wifi is available and rather expensive, there may be some discounts if you purchase minutes on the first day. They put stickers on your cruise card to show that you have purchased drink packages.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you, all information is useful to me as I am a rookie where Norwegian is concerned.

• 2 years later...

Can someone tell me if any of the obstructed ocean view are portholes and which ones? I thought they were all windows, yet our booking confirmation for 8072 says "this cabin has a porthole". I was wondering if it is worth changing cabins.