Announcement of the New Le Club Voyage Program

AzamaraJoel

So soon I will sit on a cruise beside someone on their second Azamara cruise and moves up a level and gets free nights whilst loyal guests who stood by you since 2008 and are at plus level are light years away from that final "gift"

Hardly seems a good recognition of loyalty sorry

Could not agree more.

Joel.

These "enhancements" need to be revised quickly - before you alienate all of your loyal customers.

This is a PR DISASTER.

Could not agree more. We ar not happy about this. We gain NOTHING and are thinking about changing our next three Azamara cruises to Celebrity. They seem to value us more.

I am sorry Joel but I fear Azamara has missed what matters to its guests - unless of course we are about to see a ship wide inclusion of laundry and internet. The only way I can cruise as often as I do is by using the internet to keep work ticking over. Next year I will cruise on Celebrity in a suite with a private dining room and internet minutes and laundry (to a destination Az does not do). Per day is much less than Az the comparisons are going to be even more interesting.

So soon I will sit on a cruise beside someone on their second Azamara cruise and moves up a level and gets free nights whilst loyal guests who stood by you since 2008 and are at plus level are light years away from that final "gift"

Hardly seems a good recognition of loyalty sorry

Totally agree- disappointed

From the announcement on the website:

"We expect mixed reactions to the discontinued benefits. It wasn't an easy decision, but we believe it's the right long-term decision for our guests and brand. Look at it this way: you'll be earning points toward free nights instead of free laundry or Internet minutes. Plus stateroom upgrades, savings on select voyages, and other new benefits. As a Le Club Voyage member, we never want you to question your value to us...or our desire to create value for you."

From the announcement on the website:

"We expect mixed reactions to the discontinued benefits. It wasn't an easy decision, but we believe it's the right long-term decision for our guests and brand. Look at it this way: you'll be earning points toward free nights instead of free laundry or Internet minutes. Plus stateroom upgrades, savings on select voyages, and other new benefits. As a Le Club Voyage member, we never want you to question your value to us...or our desire to create value for you."

Great! What is the upgrade from Veranda Club for those of us who need a fully accessible cabin? I find the point system discriminatory as is. Longer cruises should get more points than tons of 3 and 4 day trips. But if you add up points by cabin type then all cabin types should be available for all passengers willing to pay the going rate for all the cabins.

We loved getting to the level where laundry was included on Celebrity more than the free cocktail hours. And free internet vaguely made up for how slow it is. Will the "discounted" internet be faster? I agree with the previous poster that being able to take extended vacations often is due to being able to connect while at sea. We can live without the cheap bubbles.

Were there a lot of complaints about lost or damaged clothing from the laundry? In all the times we used Celebrity's we've only had one item returned that was correct but not ours. I received a size 2 couture line polo top when I put in a LL Bean size medium polo. We were able to return the more expensive top to its rightful owner before disembarking and I had mine back in time to wear it again on the cruise. I can't imagine packing enough for 16 days.

I have not seen this much backlash from loyalists since they changed the formula on Coke. :D

Hopefully, they will back down and reverse their policies as Coca Cola did. We'll see. Right now the only thing drawing us back to Azamara is the onboard experience with the crew and staff. Wandering how long the outstanding crew will be around with the cuts and changes. Very sad.

Dear Cruise Critic Members,

Today we will announce the new loyalty program for Azamara Club Cruises - Le Club Voyage - to our members. The announcement will start going out at 10 am (EST) on email.

We have added a few benefits, and removed some. It wasn’t an easy decision to replace some benefits, but we believe it’s the right long-term decision for our guests and our brand. Look at it this way: you’ll be earning points toward free nights instead of free laundry or Internet minutes. Plus stateroom upgrades, savings on select voyages, and other new benefits. As a Le Club Voyage member, we never want you to question your value to us…or our desire to create value for you.

Best Wishes,

Azamara Club Cruises

Last comment on this for the night. Please do not tell me "look at it this way". We love to travel and try to make it our priority to find the best case scenario for us with much research. You telling me to "look at it this way" just doesn't work when you are trying to pull the wool over our eyes.

I note that Bonnie has been posting on other threads but wisely is keeping her head down now.

Like UKtog we have been cruising Azamara exclusively since before "Club" with last 3 in owners suites but we will be forfeiting cruise certificate to cruise Celebrity after our Rio Christmas cruise.

I feel sorry for all staff such as Heike, Richard, Tony and Eric de Grey etc. who will have to toe the company line on board.

I note that Bonnie has been posting on other threads but wisely is keeping her head down now.

Like UKtog we have been cruising Azamara exclusively since before "Club" with last 3 in owners suites but we will be forfeiting cruise certificate to cruise Celebrity after our Rio Christmas cruise.

I feel sorry for all staff such as Heike, Richard, Tony and Eric de Grey etc. who will have to toe the company line on board.

Their Facebook page is remarkably quiet on the subject too, despite it being penned as "l'announcement of le year" on the website.

I too feel sorry for the staff on the ship. It's going to be impossible to talk this one up.

Phil

Their Facebook page is remarkably quiet on the subject too, despite it being penned as "l'announcement of le year" on the website.

I too feel sorry for the staff on the ship. It's going to be impossible to talk this one up.

Phil

Hi Phil,

While I'm rarely on Facebook, I actually went looking to see if they posted their announcement on there. I couldn't find anything. Maybe they saw the backlash on here, and decided against posting the news. Or, did I miss it ?

I agree about the onboard Officers and crew. They are absolutely wonderful !

Maybe I'm the only one out there, but I remain hopeful that Azamara will read the nearly universal negative comments, and re-think this decision.

Edited by Host Andy

Maybe I'm the only one out there, but I remain hopeful that Azamara will read the nearly universal negative comments, and re-think this decision.

Hi Andy. I remain hopeful too, but still find it incredulous that Azamara can spin it in such a way. I've just watched the video contained within l'announcement email (sent to me by an American friend who has had it and been on one Azamara cruise) and it fair boggles the mind just how cynical it is.

Phil

We are struggling to find something in the announcement of benefit for us!

However as we attained the level of Discoverer Plus when the levels were reset which was I believe less than one year ago surely we and others in the same position should be eligible to book a cruise before the 12 months expire, more than 120 days ahead and falling in 2015 and claim the complimentary nights.

Clarification would be appreciated.

Clearly this is a very unpopular decision and it would appear that any number of people are going to vote "with their feet" and that the end beneficiaries are likely to be Azamara's competitors, at least in the short run. Acting on the philosophy that "if you get lemons make lemonade" , what may happen is that those of us who can take advantage of relatively last minute bookings may really come up with some significant bargains. Of course, this really doesn't benefit the company, does it?

Ed

Edited by greeneg