DJ, Suit or Jacket

dave9898

My DH and I are sailing on Sillhouette from Rome on 12th September, we have always sailed from Southampton over the last few years, where formal nights were predominantely DJ's (tux). Have read several posts recently where men are going for suits or jackets, rather than DJ's when sailing from Rome, is there anyone who has sailed from this port recentlywho can advise me do I pack his DJ, suit, or jacket?. Thanks for your help

we sailed from Rome three years ago on the Equinox, we left the DJs at home because of the weight issues with airlines and checked baggage and we were fine. Did the DJ thing on our first few cruises but "downgraded" after that... never an issue and I don't have to feel like a waiter...

It depends whether you wish to follow company policy "suggestions" or to follow your own wishes.

You will get answers from people what they wish to do, not what you should do.

If you don't want to wear a tux, don't.

Same for a suit or jacket.

On short cruises I no longer bring my tux and I haven't worn a suit in 15 years.

The world is becoming more casual but a smart dresser will always stand out.

My DH and I are sailing on Sillhouette from Rome on 12th September, we have always sailed from Southampton over the last few years, where formal nights were predominantely DJ's (tux). Have read several posts recently where men are going for suits or jackets, rather than DJ's when sailing from Rome, is there anyone who has sailed from this port recentlywho can advise me do I pack his DJ, suit, or jacket?. Thanks for your help

Hi,

We are on the same sailing and I am planning to take jacket with me.

We want to pack light. I read that for Med cruise jucket or suite are fine.

BTW - please join our roll call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1819629&page=31

See you on board,

Edited by cruza

Hi Cruza, note you are wearing a jacket, may I enquire what your wife will be wearing, I have always wore long before, but am quite happy to do cocktail. I just want to fit in, I know that previous posters say wear what you want, but I just would not feel comfortable if everyone else were wearing short dresses and I appeared in long

Dave, I'm not Cruza's wife but chiming in about dresses. I'm wearing one long and one short for my upcoming cruise. I'm sick of heels that I can't walk in and kill my feet so I'm planning on wedges. One of my traveling companions favors the wide-legged black pants with beaded tops and flats, the other likes gowns and stilettos. Women can get away with just about anything, and you'll probably see everything on your cruise.