Cabin selection help for 3 adult women

sungirl10

Help! I need advice. I am going on tge getaway in Nov with 2 of my friends. We will be 3 females late 30s early 40s.

Currently we have a balcony room booked and I am having second thoughts if it will be enough room aa I have been on the breakway in a balcony.

I thinking about changing to 2 insides that are adjacent to each other. What would you do?

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Forums mobile app

Help! I need advice. I am going on tge getaway in Nov with 2 of my friends. We will be 3 females late 30s early 40s.

Currently we have a balcony room booked and I am having second thoughts if it will be enough room aa I have been on the breakway in a balcony.

I thinking about changing to 2 insides that are adjacent to each other. What would you do?

There are no cabins with 3 bathrooms, 3 makeup mirrors or 3 hairdryers.

It's not huge in there. You will have two twin-size beds plus the couch will be made up into a bed by your steward. That will take up pretty much the whole room at night.

There's a surprising amount of storage and the bathrooms aren't bad -- but there will be only one bathroom.

So what is more important to you -- space and an extra bathroom, or a balcony?

Just for your consideration -- the standard balcony on Getaway is really small. There is room for only two chairs and you might even feel a little cramped with all 3 of you standing on the balcony at the same time.

Personally, I wouldn't even consider 3 adults in a balcony cabin. If you have concerns after being on the Breakaway then I'd imagine it will be a mistake. The rooms are exactly the same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree. I couldn't do it. It would make life quite difficult for me.

What about each person getting a studio cabin? I don't know....I don't make a good roommate. I need my personal space (introversion/INFJ). I'm still getting used to this man that has been sleeping on the other side of my bed for the last ten years. I'm thinking maybe a mini suite that sleeps three or four if the studio cabins just aren't an option. Perhaps a mini-suite with a large balcony might work. Or, two adjoining balconies with the door left open in the middle?

Edited by cruisecritiquer

Are you guys gonna be hanging out in your room all day? I'd rather have a balcony then an inside for the fresh air. I really just use the room to sleep so I'd do what's cheapest. Getting ready doesn't take very long. It will be like a fun slumber party. If you really need your space and feel the closeness would ruin your trip, get the two insides.

Edited by Siora7777

If you do the 2 insides, I would think the 2 sharing would feel more crowded than they would being a party of 3 in a balcony. Those are tiny! At least with a balcony, opening the curtains gives the illusion of more space. Switch to an angled balcony for the same price and all 3 of you can sit out there at once.

I was thinking if you get 2 insides isn't the cost going to be a lot more because you will have to pay for a single in an inside? Better off with the studio and the one inside. However I will say when 3 of us stayed in the spa balcony we had a lot of laughs at night you know the kind where you just are being silly and laugh at absolutely nothing. That can be fun to like having a big slumber party for 7 days. Just make the best of it if price is a problem. We did have a great time were not in the cabin that much.

My first cruise was 3 women in an inside but that was my mom and my sister so different relationship. The room type should depend on your habits. Early risers/late sleepers; bed at 10pm/party all night? If you all think you will be doing the same sleep schedule, keep the balcony. Otherwise, someone will be trying to sleep and others will try to tiptoe around. Shower in the morning/night/afternoon? That will help with getting ready.

I have cruised a couple times with 3 adult women in a mini-suite. It was fun and worked good for us because we were all good friends and kept the same sleeping schedule. Certainly very little privacy in the cabin but we could always go somewhere else on the ship for more room or private time.

That said, I would not have wanted the cabin to be any smaller.

We are a group of 3 women leaving on the Getaway in just 10 days. We have cruised before with 3 of us in a balcony on another cruise line. We booked the spa balcony hoping it will be useful for showers, not to mention the rest of the amenities. If you're not in a hurry to book, I can let you know how it worked out after we get back!

We are a group of 3 women leaving on the Getaway in just 10 days. We have cruised before with 3 of us in a balcony on another cruise line. We booked the spa balcony hoping it will be useful for showers, not to mention the rest of the amenities. If you're not in a hurry to book, I can let you know how it worked out after we get back!

We also had 3 women in a spa balcony. Having access to the showers in the spa and blow dryers and such was a big benefit.

We have looked at a 2 BR suite for my three sisters. We had one last fall and it was great. You would need to draw straws on who would have the large BR the second BR and the living area. Then just split the cost three ways or first 2 (2 PP charge) get the BR's the person paying as a third person gets the couch.

OP has booked a balcony and is thinking of getting two insides instead. Kind of amazing how many times a suite is mentioned.. ;)

NCL does the suite life best. That said if they look at one it may be the same price or even a little less divided by three (this was what we did last fall). With all the perks, of course they may lose the difference with added fees for these cabin. It was only something for them to check out. I thought that was what these boards were for to get suggestions, tips or information.

Happy that I helped to amaze you though :).