Ken Mills (Celebrity Summit Cruise Director)

MGK

Lois--

Got a question for you. Asked it on our roll call and they got all opinionated with my post. We prefer traditional dining but was booked as select. Our TA states that traditional times have not "opened" yet. Have you heard this and when could we expect it to become available? Thanks for the help. It is for our Feb,2016 cruise. Thanks again and sorry for the change of subject----Susan and Jimmy

Lois--

Got a question for you. Asked it on our roll call and they got all opinionated with my post. We prefer traditional dining but was booked as select. Our TA states that traditional times have not "opened" yet. Have you heard this and when could we expect it to become available? Thanks for the help. It is for our Feb,2016 cruise. Thanks again and sorry for the change of subject----Susan and Jimmy

Hi Susan:)...traditional has not opened yet?:confused:...nope, never heard of

that...have heard when it is full and you can be wait listed......but

not opened yet? Nope, never heard of that......maybe call Celebrity

(even though you have a TA).....or speak with someone else at the

agency.....

What a great photo!

It is a good example of the saying about a picture being worth a thousand words.

The two officers sum up the reactions that have been expressed by people here very well; the startled expression on the face of one clutching his heart,

and the other holding up his hand an "enough already" gesture. :D

15730021082_45aa5b6bc0_c.jpg

What a great photo!

It is a good example of the saying about a picture being worth a thousand words.

The two officers sum up the reactions that have been expressed by people here very well; the startled expression on the face of one clutching his heart,

15730021082_45aa5b6bc0_c.jpg

I'm assuming that photo was taken during liars club, where the officers on stage are following a script.

It's all show and definitely not something you can use to prove a point. A picture may be worth a thousand words, but there's no guarantee that they're factual.

What a great photo!

Indeed. Especially if you know that the HD's chair had been on the opposite side of Ken's when Ken started his explanation. :D

Scripted, or not, it was one of the most memorable experiences we've had onboard X and we thoroughly enjoyed it. I think Ken's sense of humor (as well as the Captain's and the HD's) were suited to this type of show, which made it that much better.

Obviously, his personality doesn't suit everyone. But I sincerely doubt anyone could.

Indeed. Especially if you know that the HD's chair had been on the opposite side of Ken's when Ken started his explanation. :D

Scripted, or not, it was one of the most memorable experiences we've had onboard X and we thoroughly enjoyed it. I think Ken's sense of humor (as well as the Captain's and the HD's) were suited to this type of show, which made it that much better.

I, too, was at this Liar's Club show, and it was absolutely hilarious - my sides hurt from laughing so hard! It was of course risqué at times, but far less, in my opinion, than you are exposed to on most prime-time TV shows nowadays.

Edited by Lysingers

Lois--

When I called to book the Eclipse for April 2017 I was told the same thing that traditional dining had not opened yet. We would be booked in select and put on a waitlist for traditional.

Agreed on Ken... We thought he was great with a crowd, but when we finally met the guy, he was quite aloof. My daughter said he was going all Hollywood on us.

I also found ken mills to be very disappointing for a cruise director. He was too loud, very over theatrical when he was mc'ing something,either at the pool, or the theater.

Sailed Summit in June and was not at all impressed with Mills. Talked much too much and I hated the daily 6 PM PA announcements. One of the things I've loved about Celebrity has been the one PA announcement daily from the Captain. We have the Dailies and don't need to hear announcements from the CD at all.

I felt that his jokes and even body language were inappropriate and too suggestive

...also disdainful I would say. His job is to make people comfortable and happy.....just did not feel the love there. His inappropriate remarks screamed "I really don't like my job".....at first I thought it was an act but, unfortunately, that was really him. Hope to not meet him again this summer.

Anyone remember the two fellows from the Connie a couple of years ago? Now, they were truly entertaining and personable! Where did they go????

6pm annoucements? When did that start?:eek:

Lois -- that must be a Ken Mills thing. :rolleyes:

We did not have 6 pm announcements on our May Summit cruise -- when Rich Clesen was CD. Like most Celebrity CD's, Rich simply "piggy-backed" his announcements onto the Captain's mid-day updates. :cool:

Perhaps Ken Mills would be a better fit for RC ships. Their CD's all seem to be extremely fond of their "PA time"! ;)

Does anyone know how long Ken will be on the Summit? Is he filling in for someone or is this a permanent (contract) assignment?

I think Ken recently came back from vacation. We were on Summit the w/o March 7th & I believe he was leaving the week after our sailing, so he should be on for a while.

Everyone has an idea of what they like in a CD(if they care at all about the position). He does tend to go n a bit after the Captain's update; more than any other CD that we've had on Celebrity. I will say that we very much enjoyed his activity staff.

• 3 months later...
Well, you may get your way. I read somewhere on the board that Rich Clesen either got off last cruise, or will be getting off at the end of the current cruise. That's too bad because I was looking forward to having him on the cruise next week. Maybe I'll find out Sunday that they transferred Ken Mills to some other ship. :rolleyes:

P.S. Loved Sue ;)

Rich is supposed to be on the Silhouette in two weeks. If he's half as good as Richard Spacey, I'll be very happy.

• 1 month later...

Just got back a couple of days ago from the Summit. We weren't overly impressed with Ken Mills, but didn't find him annoying, either. I do not recall hearing any of the announcements referenced by others above. I only saw Ken on the stage at shows, and sometimes at the back of the room for Celebrity Life events hosted by Mark (Activities Manager) or Justin (Activities Host), both of whom were very entertaining and personable. Ken tended to have the same schtick every time he was onstage. He'd make everyone repeat their initial "hello" response louder, then comment on the size of the crowd (usually small) and then tell some lame joke about a supposedly "true story" interaction with passengers "today". All very predictable and not all that entertaining. However, we found Mark and Justin much more engaging and high-touch, and that was all we needed!

As an aside, since so many have mentioned Captain Leo, I just want to add my endorsement of Captain Kate. She is AMAZING! I have never seen a Captain who was so visible, engaged, and personable. From one on one time with all the kids on board (I saw so many interactions and it was obvious that the kids were so comfortable and connected with her), to showing up with little fanfare to events just to mingle with passengers, she always had a smile and kind word and made a real effort to make everyone feel welcomed. Loved her!