Upsell fairy called...........no good

lukeduke07

So I've been on 7 previous carnival cruises and got my first upgrade/Upsell call for our 9/13 liberty sailing. They offered to move me from a lido balcony to a grand suite for $965. I declined. They then offered me an ocean suite for $650 and I declined that as well. Didn't seem worth it to me at all!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So I've been on 7 previous carnival cruises and got my first upgrade/Upsell call for our 9/13 liberty sailing. They offered to move me from a lido balcony to a grand suite for $965. I declined. They then offered me an ocean suite for $650 and I declined that as well. Didn't seem worth it to me at all!

Good for you... that pesky upsell fairy has some wild ideas some time...

I've been on 35 Carnival cruises... Never gotten the call.....

Been sailing on Carnival for 20 years with twice as many cruises. We have received ONE upsell call. It was for an Ocean Suite, but the cost to upgrade was MORE than the total we had already paid. We declined. Stupid to pay that much money when the main reason why we had selected that cruise to start with was because it was cheap!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

I've had a few upsell calls but they were usually on cruises I purposely booked at the last minute because they were cheap. I would never spend another $950 just to upgrade. One time I said I could go on another cruise for what they were asking for the upgrade and the caller got really snippy......good-bye!:rolleyes:

I received an upgrade call for my Miracle sailing. They wanted me to pay an extra $960 for an upgrade to an ocean suite for 2 passengers. Thing was, we were already booked in cabin 8234, one of the ones with the gigantic bowling alley balcony. I asked the Carnival rep if they'd pay almost a grand for 15 extra square feet. She laughed and said "point well taken."

We got the upsell call on our last two cruises. One for $700 to go from extended aft to GS on a 7 day Liberty cruise.We did not take it altho it was a pretty good deal as it would of cost us $2100 more. Probably the only chance we will ever have for a GS !! We booked our 2015 cruise while on board with what we "saved" by not taking the upsell!

We had a 4 day Sensation cruise the next week...got another upsell call....owners suite for "only" $350 more per day...NO WAY !! And the rep was very pushy on that one.."chance of a lifetime" etc. etc....

I've gotten the call on two of my past four cruises. I think they wanted $350/pp to upgrade to an OS on the first one. Declined that. Called three days before departure on my last one and wanted $175/pp for an OS or $225/pp for a grand suite. Took the GS and was very happy with it.

Edited by tncap