Diamond Member - internet usage

This has probably been answered on cruise critic but I can't figure out how to find it. I called Royal twice and each time was connected to a person who spoke poor English and did not know the answer. My question is we are first timers as Diamond and want to skype while on our cruise (Explorer on Sept 25). Can we do this from our stateroom (we are catagory type E-1)? And, how many free minutes as Diamond, one of the customer agents said we get 30 minutes free and the other said we only get 20% discount?? If we can skype from our stateroom how do we set it up?

You now get 60 minutes for each Diamond member. Had it on the Oasis last weekend.

Skype is so slow and choppy, that it really is not worth wasting your moments on. I have had better luck with Facetime, but not much. :rolleyes: Try finding a spot on the ship with a better signal, like a café.

Edited by Iamthesea

This has probably been answered on cruise critic but I can't figure out how to find it. I called Royal twice and each time was connected to a person who spoke poor English and did not know the answer. My question is we are first timers as Diamond and want to skype while on our cruise (Explorer on Sept 25). Can we do this from our stateroom (we are catagory type E-1)? And, how many free minutes as Diamond, one of the customer agents said we get 30 minutes free and the other said we only get 20% discount?? If we can skype from our stateroom how do we set it up?

Here is the Current Listing of Exclusive Onboard Offers by C&A Level

There will be no WiFi in your cabin. Explorer only has a few Wifi hot spots around the ship where you can use your computer from what has been reported from those that have recently returned from their cruise.

If you are taking your own computer, you will have to use one of the ships computers to establish an ID and password. Once that is done, you can then log on from your computer. They have the instructions at Guest Services.

Ask any crew member where the best place to get WiFi is when in port.:D

I still see the 30 minutes free for a diamond member...am I missing something?

(2507) FREE 30 Minutes of Internet usage. (Free 30 minutes of internet usage to be used on your personal device or by visiting the internet cafe. Free minutes cannot be applied to package purchases. This offer is valid for per minute purchases)

I still see the 30 minutes free for a diamond member...am I missing something?

(2507) FREE 30 Minutes of Internet usage. (Free 30 minutes of internet usage to be used on your personal device or by visiting the internet cafe. Free minutes cannot be applied to package purchases. This offer is valid for per minute purchases)

IT department responsible for updates. Maybe by Christmas....2015 they will have it correct.

I definitely got 60 free minutes ($29.95) per Diamond member on my Aug 23rd, 5 night cruise on the Explorer. I was able to set up my account from my tablet at a hot spot by the pool. I had to go to guest services to have the charge taken off though as the coupon system was not working. After I used the two 60 free minute discounts I signed up for the unlimited plan @$95.95 for one device and also had the 20% taken off of that. I waited until all the charges were shown on my account to go to guest services as that is what I was told to do :)

Hope that helps, I do have the price sheet if needed.

Donna

I definitely got 60 free minutes ($29.95) per Diamond member on my Aug 23rd, 5 night cruise on the Explorer. I was able to set up my account from my tablet at a hot spot by the pool. I had to go to guest services to have the charge taken off though as the coupon system was not working. After I used the two 60 free minute discounts I signed up for the unlimited plan @$95.95 for one device and also had the 20% taken off of that. I waited until all the charges were shown on my account to go to guest services as that is what I was told to do :)

Hope that helps, I do have the price sheet if needed.

Donna

so the new wifi packages have rolled out on Explorer. :D

We appreciate everyone that replied, very helpful! We think, maybe the best tip we got

on skyping is to ask a crew member where is the best place to go, in port, for good wifi.

We are not even going to try to skype while on board.

Connie & Angelo (late seating)

You now get 60 minutes for each Diamond member. Had it on the Oasis last weekend..

I believe that is only on ships that offer the unlimited packages. The D coupon on your sea pass will be 30 minutes on most ships.

Edited by Trekker954

We were just on Enchantment of the Seas 4 night cruise out of Port Canaveral and got 60 minutes ($29.95) for free. All of the freebies previously in the coupon book were now loaded onto our seapass cards and a sheet listing the perks was in our stateroom when we arrived.

Addictedtocruising is correct. On the Explorer Diamonds get 60 minutes which is a $29.99 credit on a package. You must buy a package. The least expensive package is $29.99. The internet speed on the EXots is much faster than it used to be.

The credit for Diamond and above is not working in the system yet so after you set up your account(on your own hardware or at the computer center), you go to Guest Services and they will credit your account.