Joseph Lustig Cruise Director Insignia

cruisingxpert

I think JR was assist CD on one of our cruise but we do not really have any interaction with most CD's

DH did have some chats with Leslie Jon which worked out well for an extra show by 2 performers

Like some people have an interest in the CD I could care less

YMMV

If anyone has sailed with him, they're being very quiet about it lol.

JR is great. Have sailed with him twice, as CD and assistant CD. He is a talented singer and a very friendly guy. What more could you expect from someone who lived in New Berlin, WI. Thank you, JR for two great experiences. :o

So who will be on for the world cruise???????

According to a post by ORV back in August, he/she said it would be Andy Heath, a fairly new CD for Oceania. Of course, as we all know, anything can change and this was not an official announcement by Oceania.

Cenia

Big News and MAJOR SHIFT over at Oceania-

235628.jpgLeslie Jon will now be your Cruise Director on the Insignia, in place of the inimitable Mr. Lustig.

He's boarding her in Southampton for the 10/2 Transatlantic

map-lg-INS141002.jpgand will be on through early in the New Year. Baby-New-Year.jpg?itok=ExDzEbhQ

Leslie John is our CD on our cruise departing 20th September.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got off Insignia, Sept 6-20 and JR Lustig was listed as cruise director. Never saw him, totally invisible. Then a few days later a new cruise director was on board for remainder of cruise. Can't remember his name. He was visible though. Don't know what happened.

We just got off Insignia, Sept 6-20 and JR Lustig was listed as cruise director. Never saw him, totally invisible. Then a few days later a new cruise director was on board for remainder of cruise. Can't remember his name. He was visible though. Don't know what happened.

Thanks for letting us know. We've been told it will be Leslie Jon by others on the Board. Aside from the CD, how was your cruise on Insignia?

CJ

JR was the Cruise Director on our 30 night Regent cruise in June/July of this year. He is very talented - a great entertainer. Rumor had it that he preferred working in the area of entertainment and that he would be directing shows for both Oceania and Regent rather than being a C.D. JR is very low key - easy to talk to but not quite as energetic out outgoing as most C.D.'s. It would not surprise me if he is fills in as C.D. when needed but continues to work in other areas. It seems that both Oceania and Regent are a bit short on Cruise Directors. In terms of having been a C.D. on Regent previously, I suppose it is possible but we have not heard of him prior to this year.

I recommend seeing his shows -- they are great!

'Saw' JR...he was with a team of 12 crew, he was supervising the move of a piano:)

The replacement CD was Nolan Dean

Edited by turnip eater

Leslie Jon is tops. He was our CD in July. Warm, humorous, very light. Good taste in coffee as well - for a while my husband and I and Leslie and his assistant were the only ones in Barristas for our morning coffee. He seemed to be up early and late to bed, always in the lounge or disco after dark.