Taxi to airport from White Bay Cruise Terminal

On our recent cruise our flight was around 1pm and we were at the airport by 9.30 or so. I was regretting that we had booked a flight so late as we had to go to a birthday party that afternoon (planned after we booked the flight). At the airport we heard stories about people barely making their flight or missing it on previous occasions. Then we heard that just after we disembarked, Aust Quarantine found a couple had bread rolls with ham & cheese in their hand luggage. Duh:confused: After that, Quarantine searched everyone's luggage. (I am not complaining about that.) Disembarkation was delayed and people arrived at the airport just in time for their 1pm flight.

In future I think we will stick with 1pm flights.:)

You can relax over a long and stress free breakfast before disembarking.:D

You can relax over a long and stress free breakfast before disembarking.:D

Not such a long breakfast - our disembarkation was at 8.10 for a 1pm flight. I thought that was very early, but just as well it was early when there were delays shortly after we left the ship.

Edited by Aus Traveller

Not such a long breakfast - our disembarkation was at 8.10 for a 1pm flight. I thought that was very early, but just as well it was early when there were delays shortly after we left the ship.

You are required to get out of your cabin by 8am but we just do a walk off (take our own luggage) and leave the ship whenever we want.:D

You are required to get out of your cabin by 8am but we just do a walk off (take our own luggage) and leave the ship whenever we want.:D

We had a fair bit of luggage after a long trip. We can manage it OK on fairly level ground (around the airport) but it would be a bit different disembarking. We find it simpler to put our main luggage out the evening before. We were using the Princess shuttle so felt we needed to go at the time stipulated.

We had a fair bit of luggage after a long trip. We can manage it OK on fairly level ground (around the airport) but it would be a bit different disembarking. We find it simpler to put our main luggage out the evening before. We were using the Princess shuttle so felt we needed to go at the time stipulated.

Fair enough.:D

We went on a Carnival cruise in August and loved the disembarkation where you could walk off with your luggage. Going on our first Celebrity cruise in a couple of months. Do they have the same "walk off" option?

Yes, they do, (previously mentioned in post #28) you just need to fill out the form they provide for disembarkation.

Edited by MicCanberra

We went on a Carnival cruise in August and loved the disembarkation where you could walk off with your luggage. Going on our first Celebrity cruise in a couple of months. Do they have the same "walk off" option?

Certainly possible, although they don't recommend if you have big cases due to the crowds queuing.

I'm on the same cruise " Sun Princess " HK to Sydney so excited :-) as far as taxi when we return I'm positive we come into Circular Quay not White Bay Terminal at Rozelle that is used normally for smaller ships like P&O cruises. Either way taxis are plentiful see you onboard !! 25 days and counting down :-))))))

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm on the same cruise " Sun Princess " HK to Sydney so excited :-) as far as taxi when we return I'm positive we come into Circular Quay not White Bay Terminal at Rozelle that is used normally for smaller ships like P&O cruises. Either way taxis are plentiful see you onboard !! 25 days and counting down :-))))))

I Looooooooooove your user name!

My friend's TA said that we were coming into White Bay. Anyway we will just get a taxi as we are not in a hurry to get to the airport. Looking forward to getting away too!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The Sun Princess is scheduled to dock at White Bay. :) For two people the most cost effective way to get to the airport is by Princess shuttle ($19 pp). A taxi would cost around $50. That varies on traffic congestion and whether the driver takes toll roads or not. We always specify that they should not take the toll roads unless we are in a hurry.

The Sun Princess is scheduled to dock at White Bay. :) For two people the most cost effective way to get to the airport is by Princess shuttle ($19 pp). A taxi would cost around $50. That varies on traffic congestion and whether the driver takes toll roads or not. We always specify that they should not take the toll roads unless we are in a hurry.

There are 4 of us travelling together. Sounds like it's still best to get a taxi from what people are saying in earlier posts.

How hard is it to get a taxi to the airport for 2 couples and luggage? Arriving on Sun Princess Thursday, 30th October. Our flight is not until 1pm. Should be book a transfer?

Easy to get to the airport by cab as they hang around on the entry/exit of the car park. Princess also organise and book direct from ship to airport ,but at a selected time only. There is also plenty to do and see at the airport if you get there early.

How hard is it to get a taxi to the airport for 2 couples and luggage? Arriving on Sun Princess Thursday, 30th October. Our flight is not until 1pm. Should be book a transfer?

Just off Dawn at White Bay. Princess transfer was $19 a head which was more than reasonable.

Just reiterating the point, as jennyg2610 has already agreed that the Taxi is best for them.:D

Thanks, we will definitely go with the taxi option as we are not in a hurry to get off. Plenty of time to get to the airport.