Room Service Continental Breakfast

regnig

I'm taking DD on a 1 year breast cancer remission cruise, her very 1st cruise :D, and since I've never sailed on Carnival I'm trying to get all my ducks, so to speak, in a row.

We will definitely be using the door hanging menu card to order "wake up" coffee for her and tea for myself. My question deals primarily with quantity to order. We each will want 4 cups liquid of our chosen beverage although we certainly don't need a total of 8 physical cups & saucers. I know how to fill out the card on HAL and Princess to get only what is desired but can you advise how to fill out Carnival's. Additionally since I want multiple cups of tea does Carnival deliver a pot or carafe of hot water with tea bags on the side? If so can I request Breakfast Tea?

Thanks bunches for your help!

Typically, with room service, you get a small pot. I can usually get 2 cups of tea out of 1 pot. Typically, the tea from room service is Lipton although they do have other choices at the buffet. I usually bring my own because I'm particular about what I like. If you think you'll want more, you can certain request 2 of each item and put that you only need 2 cups.

Don't forget to request jelly, sugar, etc if you need it for your drinks or a meal. Jelly won't come automatically if you order toast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FYI Room Service uses the same carafes for coffee and hot water. So water will have a bit of coffee taste.

For those of us who HATE the taste of coffee this is a big concern.

Oh YUK I absolutely hate coffee! :eek::mad::eek: Strange that HAL & Princess keep them separate but Carnival can't. :confused: May have to wander up to the Lido just to get hot water.

Edited by larsen

Oh YUK I absolutely hate coffee! :eek::mad::eek: Strange that HAL & Princess keep them separate but Carnival can't. :confused: May have to wander up to the Lido just to get hot water.

On the lido deck back by the buffet you will find wooden tea boxes with different tea's. We get some of the ones we like and take them to our cabin. Room service tends to mess up the orders a bit. We always laugh when we get our order to see what came wrong, too many cups not enough, only one spoon. I end up running up to the lido to get what was missing. Just adds to the fun of the trip....

I've noticed on the last few cruises that ordering the night before doesn't work out so well. IN January we ordered room service each morning when we arose. It arrived each day within 10 minutes. My in-laws ordered every night and left the card on the door. Sometimes it came early sometimes it came late. Their coffee was never hot. Ours came piping hot.

I've noticed on the last few cruises that ordering the night before doesn't work out so well. IN January we ordered room service each morning when we arose. It arrived each day within 10 minutes. My in-laws ordered every night and left the card on the door. Sometimes it came early sometimes it came late. Their coffee was never hot. Ours came piping hot.

Can you order room service that morning? I thought you had to fill out the card and leave it out? Do you just call?

We've never really ordered room service, but I'm thinking this time ordering some coffee to start the morning with would be nice. For some reason, I've always loved the coffee on the lido deck. Always good and strong without being bitter.

Can you order room service that morning? I thought you had to fill out the card and leave it out? Do you just call?

We've never really ordered room service, but I'm thinking this time ordering some coffee to start the morning with would be nice. For some reason, I've always loved the coffee on the lido deck. Always good and strong without being bitter.

You can just call whenever you want it. Depending on how busy they are, they will get it to you as quick as they can. They usually tell us it will be longer than what it actually is. Sometimes we have had hot coffee, other times not very hot.

On the lido deck back by the buffet you will find wooden tea boxes with different tea's. We get some of the ones we like and take them to our cabin.

Also, by the end of the cruise, they might run out of some of the teas. We always take a few we like at the beginning of the cruise.

We just got off the Liberty yesterday, and used the card on the door every day. Our orders were always on time. We put in a 15 minute window on the serving time (630a-645a for example). The orders were correct 95% of the time.

We write in "2 large pots" for the quantity of the coffee. The card asks the number of people the order is for, and we write in "2". Always got 2 coffee cups and 2 sets of utensils. 2 large pots of coffee worked out to about 5-6 full cups per person.

Salmon, bagels and cream cheese are on the menu, and they are good. One morning I wrote on the card a "BLT on white toast w/mayo", and it came correctly, and made a good breakfast as well.

Don't know how the hot water tastes in the pots, but the hot water coming out of the bathroom sink is HOT. It may even be hotter than what comes already poured into the pots.

Mrs. Walkinman

We just got off the Liberty yesterday, and used the card on the door every day. Our orders were always on time. We put in a 15 minute window on the serving time (630a-645a for example). The orders were correct 95% of the time.

We write in "2 large pots" for the quantity of the coffee. The card asks the number of people the order is for, and we write in "2". Always got 2 coffee cups and 2 sets of utensils. 2 large pots of coffee worked out to about 5-6 full cups per person.

Salmon, bagels and cream cheese are on the menu, and they are good. One morning I wrote on the card a "BLT on white toast w/mayo", and it came correctly, and made a good breakfast as well.

Don't know how the hot water tastes in the pots, but the hot water coming out of the bathroom sink is HOT. It may even be hotter than what comes already poured into the pots.

Mrs. Walkinman

Thank you for your succinct post! It reminded me of when I called for the BLT and said bacon, lettuce, tomato and it arrived on white bread...not toast! and with no mayo! I learned to be specific after that!

I am sure everyone else does also. Which goes a long way to explaining why they run out. :p

I was talking to the guy refilling the tea box and mentioned about the shortage of the kind of tea I like at the end of the cruise. He suggested I take a few extra for the end of the cruise.

• 4 weeks later...

Just as a follow up to my original post question I ordered 4 cups of coffee for DD and received a large pot and 4 cups of tea for myself and received 2 of the smaller pots. Fortunately there was NO coffee taste in the smaller cups at all. :D I skipped asking for Breakfast Tea but there was always ample supply of many varieties out at the Lido to choose from.