Oceania riveria

Bradypoo

Trying to decide on a cabin. Anyone ever stay in cabins 10068, 12003, 12004, 11043. Ant help would be appreciated.

All of the cabins have certain qualities about them. Why don't you tell us what you are looking for and we will try to steer you toward the ones that will suit you best? :D

Edited by StanandJim

Just out of curiosity, why would the port side of the ship be better than starboard when coming into port? Wouldn't the best side for viewing depend upon the individual harbor and dock arrangement? Or does Riviera always moor with the same side of the ship abutting the pier?

Haven't sailed Riviera, which is why I'm asking, but every other ship we've sailed has docked sometimes one way, sometimes the other.

Again, not challenging or disagreeing, just curious.

Haven't sailed Riviera, which is why I'm asking, but every other ship we've sailed has docked sometimes one way, sometimes the other.

Again, not challenging or disagreeing, just curious.

You are correct they will dock either side ...whatever works in the particular port ;)

One thing you can be sure of:

If your ship is staying overnight in a busy multi-use port with 24/7 loading and unloading of cargo ships involving large noisy cranes plus utility vehicles that beep when they back up, then your cabin will be on the side facing the dock.

Oy. That's when a person is especially thankful for the premium beverage package. Just pass out, then come to eight hours later without having heard a sound. :D (YMMV)

Hi, Jan!

If your ship is staying overnight in a busy multi-use port with 24/7 loading and unloading of cargo ships involving large noisy cranes plus utility vehicles that beep when they back up, then your cabin will be on the side facing the dock.

Oy. That's when a person is especially thankful for the premium beverage package. Just pass out, then come to eight hours later without having heard a sound. :D (YMMV)

Hi, Jan!

So true:)

Hi, Jan!

We hear ya

Trying to decide on a cabin. Anyone ever stay in cabins 10068, 12003, 12004, 11043. Ant help would be appreciated.

IMHO deck 11 should be priced at a discount considering the partially obstructed view from the balcony with the deck 12 overhang. No sitting on the balcony watching the clouds float by, no pictures leaving port w/o the top third chopped off.

I'd a lower deck every time.

We were in 12007 which is an Oceania Suite and not a "cabin". It is 100m2 and very spacious. Just down the corridor from the two 12th deck ones you mention. Far superior to anything on Deck 11 except the Oceania Suites in the stern (and actually I think the layout of the Oceania suites on Deck 12 is better...

As for being in port, docked, and whether port or starboard side. I think the answer is - one never knows. Until the ship arrives even the captain doesn't know which berth the ship will be assigned to. And whether the dock is to the port side or to the starboard is luck of the draw since the ship can be moored facing one way OR the other... I do not think this is a factor to take into account. Where it IS a factor is a cruise where you know the sun will be mostly on one side or the other. For example, a trans-Atlantic cruise where in late autumn or early spring the sun is south. So - going from Europe to the US in November, port is better. Coming from the US to Europe in March - starboard is better.

And BTW - that is where the acronym POSH came from... when the British went out t serve in India and went via the Suez canal the sun came from the south. So PORT out (PO) STARBOARD Home (SH) was what was put on their reservations... POSH! Posh is not bad and Oceania is POSH!

We were in 12007 which is an Oceania Suite and not a "cabin". It is 100m2 and very spacious. Just down the corridor from the two 12th deck ones you mention. Far superior to anything on Deck 11 except the Oceania Suites in the stern (and actually I think the layout of the Oceania suites on Deck 12 is better...

Yes,but the rooms the OP are asking about on 12 are not Oceania Suites, they are A1 Concierge, presumably there for those that might be traveling with someone in an OC or Vista suite.

As far as I know they are standard rooms, nothing special, except they're in the bow of the ship, up high. Depending on the route and time of year it could be rough there. I'd pass on those.

OK - I know which ones you mean... there were two right next to our suite 12007. Since they WERE right next to us I doubt there would be any more movement than we felt in our suite. And when we were supposed to dock in Honduras we could not get into the harbour because of a big storm. We rocked and rolled for 24 hours. But the movement didn't seem all that bad. So it wouldn't be any worse right next door!

• 2 weeks later...

We have just returned from cruise with Riviera - in cabin 12005. Avoid this cabin for sure. all I am going to say is after four nights we ended up using a spare cabin on deck 9 just to sleep at night!

We have just returned from cruise with Riviera - in cabin 12005. Avoid this cabin for sure. all I am going to say is after four nights we ended up using a spare cabin on deck 9 just to sleep at night!

On Deck 12, forward, be sure to book an even numbered room. deck 12 forward is directly over the Canyon Ranch Spa. Suites on the Portside, even numbered suites, are directly over the treatment rooms, soft, quiet massage music, while suites on starboard, odd numbered suites, are directly over the fitness room, with workout machines, Pilates, Zumba. Hmmm, treatment room or fitness facility.....;)

On Deck 12, forward, be sure to book an even numbered room. deck 12 forward is directly over the Canyon Ranch Spa. Suites on the Portside, even numbered suites, are directly over the treatment rooms, soft, quiet massage music, while suites on starboard, odd numbered suites, are directly over the fitness room, with workout machines, Pilates, Zumba. Hmmm, treatment room or fitness facility.....;)

Do you mean the suites are UNDER the Spa deck on deck 14 ??

• 2 years later...

I JUST booked this cabin for a september 2017 cruise..and now in a panic over it..can you tell me why it was so bad? please also email us eboutiquerocks@gmail.com

I'm sorry but there actually are people who like being out on their balcony watching the sun rise and those who like to see the sun set. To say, arbitrarily that "one side is better" because that is where the sun will or will not be during the day...sorry, since that sun moves I have trouble with that reasoning. You want POSH? Take a Vista or something similar.

To the OP: yes, I agree those "overhangs" can be bothersome for some and for others not so much. I'd be more concerned about the noises, if any but to each their own.